Political discussions about everything
By Clownkicker
I just hope that when Trump's convicted of multiple felonies, we aren't going to have to listen to johnforbes whine incessantly about how the Trump-appointed judge was really a Democrat and how Florida is really a Democrat state where a Republican can't possibly get a fair trial.
By johnforbes
Obama took millions of pages with him, stored them in ordinary warehouses, and faced no charges.

The 2012 ruling in the Clinton sock drawer case was from a Democrat judge, and it will prove helpful to Trump because (like Clinton) any president has latitude and also declassifying power.

After the fake dossier, the two political impeachments, the Mueller probe for 2 years where they knew at the outset there was no evidence, this is just another day in Trump Derangement Syndrome Land.
By Clownkicker
Well, johnforbes has weighed in with his absurd "I don't think violations of the Espionage Act should be prosecuted" 'conservative' stance.

As well as his idiotic claim that Obama took 2 million pages of classified documents from the White House.

Unbelievable.
By elklindo69
So they found nuclear secrets in Trump's bathroom of all places. So I suppose that if they can go after Trump for keeping stolen nuclear secrets next to his tacky gold plated toilet then they can go after any criminal moron for keeping stolen nuclear secrets in an unsecured bathroom.
By johnforbes
It does not say over the Supreme Court "Special Treatment for Democrats".

Hillary had a server loaded with classified docs in her bathroom.

Bill had the classified interviews with Taylor Branch in his sock drawer.

Biden had classified docs in the garage next to his beautiful deep green Vette, which offends me as a Vette enthusiast.

Obama took millions of pages with him (what percent were classified, who knows) and stored them in an ordinary suburban warehouse verus Trump retaining his in a cage in the basement of Mar a Lago with a padlock placed on there by Archives personnel.

The law should apply equally and fairly to ALL -- equally and fairly to ALL -- and not just favor Democrats.
By Clownkicker
So why didn't Trump and Bush prosecute these alleged violations, johnny?

Are you saying that, unlike Democrats, Republicans don't enforce the law?

Okay, I guess I can buy that indictment of the party you mysteriously still support despite your continued indictment of their ethics and hypocritical politics.
By elklindo69
Trump is not being charged with being in mere possession of such documents.

He is being charged with obstruction among other things.And none of the other aforementioned former presidents ever obstructed or hid documents from investigators.

That is why Trump is being charged.
By johnforbes
Well, no.

Trump is being charged for being a potential 2024 presidential candidate.

Biden had classified docs in a closed in a former office at the Penn Biden Center, and also in a cardboard box in a garage for heaven's sake.
By Clownkicker
...and when Biden was asked to return them, he did. No questions, no hesitation, immediate compliance.

Trump, however, refused several requests for the documents to be returned, and then he ignored a subpoena to return them.

Then he shuffled them around his house, tried to hide some, and tried to lie about having them.

See the difference, dummy?

It's called obstruction. And he's guilty by his own admission on audio recordings.

If Trump had just returned the documents when first asked, (the way Biden and Pence did) he would not be in this predicament. He wouldn't have any charges against him at all.
By elklindo69
Pence found classified docs and notified the FBI. Biden found classified docs and notified the FBI. Trump stole classified docs, hid them in his stinky bathroom and refused to return them. Not to mention the fact, Trump's server room just happened to get flooded.

If you think there is no difference, you're just being a tribal partisan fool.
By johnforbes
Elkin, you are the one being tribal.

It is foolish to use the Espionage Act of 1917 and pretend it applies to Trump.

Mueller and Weissmann investigated Trump for 2 years and were unable in that fake probe to find anything.

It is also silly to pretend Trump had some doc which had to be retrieved because computers exist and multiple copies of everything repose on servers and hard drives and tape backups.

This is 100 percent political, and places America in Banana Republic status.
By sillydaddy
Francis Suarez, Mayor of Miami, Fla. announced he will run for President .
He is a Republican...The DOJ just announced Suarez is now under investigation and
may soon be indicted.. :O :laugh:
By Clownkicker
This sort of thing wouldn't happen, silly, if Republicans would simply run candidates who aren't criminals.

But that ain't gonna happen, is it, dummy.

"RICO Suarez" (like Trump) is hoping to escape punishment for his crimes by becoming President and then having the DOJ drop the investigation/prosecution. (Since a sitting President can't be prosecuted.)
By Clownkicker
^^^^^^ Once again johnforbes exposes his gross ignorance of cutlery when he confuses my rapier wit with something that fits within his gay pairing knife drawer.
By elklindo69
I've done alot of dumb shit in my life. But I never went on live TV to brag and boast about stealing top secret war plans.

Wondering when Donald "Sharp as Marbles" will ever realize that his TV interviews can be used as evidence.
By johnforbes
It was gracious of Elkin to admit he had done a lot of dumb things in his lifetime.

But, inasmuch as Elkin came to this fine forum as a mere infant that raining morning in August of 1947, we can't be overly critical of him.

The fact is that the PRA is the controlling authority (not the old Espionage Act of 1917) and gives any president declassification power.

The 2012 sock drawer ruling by Amy Berman Jackson indicated any president has essentially plenary power to declassify and control (id est, move and store) materials, including Bill Clinton keeping the Taylor Branch tapes in his sock drawer.
By Clownkicker
Once again, dimwit, Clinton's tapes were NEVER classified and were never a government document. They were personal.

Trump stole CLASSIFIED documents from the government that he admitted he didn't declassify.

It's baffling that johnforbes doesn't understand the simple difference.
By Clownkicker
It's not looking good for Trump and Republicans insisting the law should be applied "equally and fairly."

"Major Blow For Trump as Judge Sends Ex-FBI Analyst Who Kept Classified Documents in Her Bathroom to Four Years in Prison

"A former FBI intelligence analyst who kept hundreds of classified documents at her home was sentenced to nearly four years in prison on Wednesday, RadarOnline.com has learned.

"U.S. District Judge Stephen R. Bough gave his verdict on Kendra Kingsbury, 50, of Garden City, Kansas, this week, sentencing her to three years and 10 months in federal prison without parole. She must surrender to federal authorities by July 21."

"LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"-Typical Trump supporter (paraphrased)
8th Amendment

Once again, when presented with an unrefutable arg[…]

"The Coming Ice Age"

"As Ewing and Donn read the evidence, an Ice[…]

"There was no intent to defraud,..."john[…]

Eaten by Indigenous Natives

Thanks for Clowntoker for his agreement that each […]

Karma operates in odd ways, but Schiff -- who lied[…]

An Email from Joe Canadian

Amen, there really is a lot of space vacant in the[…]

Climate Corps

Just when you thought the federal govt couldn't co[…]