Political discussions about everything
Every six months, Republican politicians, media personalities, and pundits gather for a self-titled seminar run by the brothers Charles and David Koch. Every four years, these oligarchs pick the presidential candidates for the Republican party. In 2011, Mitt Romney was their candidate; in 2007, it was John McCain. This year, rumor coming out of Palm Springs is that the Koch Brothers have decided to crown Scott Walker as the GOP candidate for president in 2016!

Their previous attempts have used a war hero, then a successful businessman, so why did they decide on using the college dropout who left after an attempt to run for student body president was foiled by a rule violation?

Most probably because he is completely and absolutely their servant. This was well demonstrated when The BEAST’s Ian Murphy crank called Governor Walker pretending to be David Koch. He owes everything to the Koch brothers, and cannot even step a toe out of line, or else he will lose everything he has. A political slave to big money. He lacks independent wealth, a stock portfolio to fall back on, or even a military career to monetize for support. This means, to the Koch Brothers at least, that he cannot go off-script, and will be their absolute servant.

He is their ideal candidate, so it should be no surprise. Now they will be funneling their billions behind Governor Walker, without restriction, thanks to Citizens United. He will have the entire Koch Brother umbrella of think tanks, blogs, and media outlets all supporting him. And support them they have, with all major right wing outlets now calling him a ‘grassroots favorite.’ The joke of governors now is being pushed center stage and celebrated as some kind of conservative hero. Just last week it was reported that Walker was not a candidate at all.

In the wake of the appointment, Walker has now formed a committee, something his opponents did months ago. This out-of-left-field support for Walker is likely the death knell for the presidential hopes of dozens of Republicans. Without Koch money, they simply can no longer compete against the Democratic grassroots financing of campaigns.

Why is the GOP bothering with a primary at all, when they have already modified the rules for the GOP’s selection of president such that their candidate will win regardless of primary and caucus results?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/01/27 ... -new-hope/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Romney won't get it, Bush won't get it the Huckster surely doesn't stand a chance.. It'll be Walker for sure...
Does Walker have the charisma?

Like Obama was long ago, Walker is pretty much unknown nationally, but Obama was 1/2 minority and thus he gave Democrats and journalists a second chance to feel they were part of the Civil RIghts Movement.

The real reason Obama has gotten away with adding 8 trillion to the debt, with jamming through Obamacare, with lies about Benghazi, with abusing the IRS to target political enemies, is that journalists feel they are helping some modern Martin Luther King.

Obama has told far more lies, and done far more impeachable things, than Nixon ever dreamed of.
10 Facts on the Kochs

1. Koch Industries, which the brothers own, is one of the top ten polluters in the United States — which perhaps explains why the Kochs have given $60 million to climate denial groups between 1997 and 2010.

2. The Kochs are the oil and gas industry’s biggest donors to the congressional committee with oversight of the hazardous Keystone XL oil pipeline. They and their employees gave more than $300,000 to members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee in 2010 alone.

3. From 1998-2008, Koch-controlled foundations gave more than $196 million to organizations that favor polices that would financially enrich the two brothers. In addition, Koch Industries spent $50 million on lobbying and some $8 million in PAC contributions.

4. The Koch fortune has its origins in engineering contracts with Joseph Stalin’s Soviet Union.

5. The Kochs are suing to take over the Cato Institute, which has accused the Kochs of attempting to destroy the group’s identity as an independent, libertarian think and align it more closely with a partisan agenda.

6. A Huffington Post source who was at a three-day retreat of conservative billionaires said the Koch brothers pledged to donate $60 million to defeat President Obama in 2012 and produce pledges of $40 million more from others at the retreat.

7. Since 2000, the Kochs have collected almost $100 million in government contracts, mostly from the Department of Defense.

8. Koch Industries has an annual production capacity of 2.2 billion pounds of the carcinogen formaldehyde. The company has worked to keep it from being classified as a carcinogen even though David Koch is a prostate cancer survivor.

9. The Koch brothers’ combined fortune of roughly $50 billion is exceeded only by that of Bill Gates in the United States.

10. The Senate Select Committee on Indian Affairs accused Koch Oil of scheming to steal $31 million of crude oil from Native Americans. Although the company claimed it was accidental, a former executive in this operation said Charles Koch had known about it and had responded to the overages by saying, “I want my fair share, and that’s all of it.”
^^^^The problem with nearly every post by this dimwit is that there are five or six things wrong with every post he makes.

I don't know who this Clowntoker guy is, but I'm not a leftist, so I know you can't be talking about me.

I've never pretended to bleed for the downtrodden either. Why do you insist on making up this kind of shit about me, johnny? It's rude and insulting to make up lies about anyone.
As to being polite, I am no less polite than johnforbes. johnny makes post after post calling me and Elklindo stupid, and then he acts superior when I call him stupid in return. The only difference is johnny thinks by using fancy-schmancy words and phrases instead of four-letter words when he's being rude, that makes him more polite. It doesn't. It makes him an priggish asshole.

Another difference between myself and johnny is I couldn't care less whether someone's opinion is "more sophisticated" than someone else's. I care whether it is honest and makes sense. Simple and true beats sophisticated, dishonest , and self-serving any day. Meanwhile, johnforbes carries water for anyone with two college degrees, no matter how vile the person is. Well, unless the guy is Obama or any other Democrat. That makes him a hypocrite again. johnforbes is dishonest and almost nothing he says makes sense unless you are simpleton like RealTool.

And if johnny is referring to himself as the one with the "more sophisticated" opinion, then he's clueless.
A bunch of platitudes and truisms is not a "sophisticated" opinion. it is the opinion of someone unable to think for themselves. johnny has never been able to refute a single thing I've said, which is in itself proof his opinions are less sophisticated than my own.

johnny, I can be polite to anyone who is deserving of respect. I've proved that a number of times here.
But you are hypocritical in nearly every view you hold. Thus, I show you the respect you deserve.
8th Amendment

Elkin finished in the 13th position in his high sc[…]

Eaten by Indigenous Natives

Thanks for Clowntoker for his agreement that each […]

Sorry, you don't understand intent. It isn't for […]

Karma operates in odd ways, but Schiff -- who lied[…]

An Email from Joe Canadian

Amen, there really is a lot of space vacant in the[…]

Climate Corps

Just when you thought the federal govt couldn't co[…]

Date Sexy.

My wife took advantage of a cold snap to pull out […]