Political discussions about everything
By snakeoil
This scares me, that people such as this are in charge of our government.
Energy Secretary Rick Perry said on Wednesday that it was “immoral” to help poor nations shift off of fossil fuels.

“Look those people in the eyes that are starving and tell them you can’t have electricity,” said Perry in remarks after his big speech to the oil and gas industry at the annual CERAWeek energy conference in Houston. “Because as a society we decided fossil fuels were bad. I think that is immoral.”

Perry’s logic and morality are both blinkered. First, despite being in charge of a $2 billion clean energy program, Perry seems completely unaware that solar and wind are now cheaper sources of electricity than fossil fuels.
https://thinkprogress.org/rick-perry-sh ... ca749f006/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By namngulfvet
So OH great energy guru. Do you have a better idea.. or just crickets in your head
By johnforbes
But isn't it just wrong that solar and wind are cheaper?

If they were indeed less costly, we would all use solar or wind instead?

And we don't.
By sillydaddy
snake being the liberal idiot....sees wind energy as being cheap for those poor countries...
once they build a multi-billion dollar highway system to handle moving the wind turbines
to their sites..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By RealJustme
LOL, so you're scared :lol: We'll you better find a safe place because there's more "America First" coming. It's not our responsibility to build new energy sources for other countries, we've got over 15 million illegals we have to care for.
By namngulfvet
RealJustme wrote:
LOL, so you're scared :lol: We'll you better find a safe place because there's more "America First" coming. It's not our responsibility to build new energy sources for other countries, we've got over 15 million illegals we have to care for.
You know Elkcrap all those ILLEGALS who you Libs need to mow your grass, pick your crops, wash dishes in restaurants, the Illegals you want to do slave work for you... Just admit you would like to own a few Elkcrap. You know Schumer and Pelosi both do already
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By snakeoil
A bit of a rant their namgulfvet. You forgot your favorite word "libtard."
By RealJustme
A bit of a rant their namgulfvet. You forgot your favorite word "libtard."
I was saying "libtard" years before saying libtard was cool.
By snakeoil
I guess that I do have to confess that I am guilty of favoring renewable energy.

a. Burning fossil fuels for electricity pumps CO2 into the atmosphere where it stays for thousands of years causing global warming.

b. Burning coal in power plants subjects the people downwind to toxic gases and chemicals and radioactive gases. (Radon)

c. Over half of the fossil fuels we get now are the result of fracking with high pressure water, toxic chemicals, diesel fuel. This can cause contamination of water supplies.

d. Oklahoma typically had 2-3 measurable earthquakes per year. In 2016 they had 1400 measurable earthquakes that have been blamed on fracking.

e. One third of the CO2 we throw into the air winds up in the ocean. Since 1900, the CO2 emissions have increased 43% and the oceans have warmed 30%. This means that shelled creatures cannot make there shells in the acid ocean and animals higher on the food chain will also die.

f. This is the scary part and could mean the end of us. Methane is many times more harmful to the atmosphere that CO2. When global warming occurs the methane trapped in the frozen tundras will/might escape and cause the planet to be unfit for most life.
By RealJustme
The forrest fires in California last year put more carbon in the air than every human in the United States combined. Carbon is a natural source and in many cases is needed to sustain our planet. Carbon comes from nature. It's the pollution/filth and over population I'm concerned about.
By Clownkicker
Tool, you didn't address a single point snake made.

But yes, the California fires put a lot of CO2 into the air, which is exactly why we can't keep adding more.
And just because carbon is "natural" doesn't mean we can survive if there is more of it in the atmosphere.
Chlorine is also"natural" but one lung full of it will kill you. And if you are put in a room full of nothing but CO2 you will also die. And radon from coal is also "natural" but it too will kill us.
We can't always live with things just because they are "natural".

"It's the pollution/filth and over population I'm concerned about."-RealTool
CO2 IS pollution in the quantities we are producing it. Why aren't you concerned with CO2 pollution when you just said you were concerned about pollution from people?

We aren't going to stop fires, but we can stop our own pollution, so that is what we must do if we want to survive.
Everything you said actually supports snake's position, not your oblivious blasé position.
By namngulfvet
Clownkicker wrote:Tool, you didn't address a single point snake made.

But yes, the California fires put a lot of CO2 into the air, which is exactly why we can't keep adding more.
And just because carbon is "natural" doesn't mean we can survive if there is more of it in the atmosphere.
Chlorine is also"natural" but one lung full of it will kill you. And if you are put in a room full of nothing but CO2 you will also die. And radon from coal is also "natural" but it too will kill us.

CO2 IS pollution in the quantities we are producing it. Why aren't you concerned with CO2 pollution when you just said you were concerned about pollution from people?

We aren't going to stop fires, but we can stop our own pollution, so that is what we must do if we want to survive.
Everything you said actually supports snake's position, not your oblivious blasé position.
THE fires in California! Oh you mean the ones the environmentalist refused to allow fire fighter to do their jobs to put it out.. All because they felt it needed to burn naturally and go by itself..
By Clownkicker
No, I don't mean those imaginary fires in your malleable mind, dimwit.

The latest big California fire that we are talking about was never allowed to just burn. It was fought from day one.

You can't simply make up stupid shit. Your handlers are not your friends.
By elklindo69
namngulfvet wrote:
Clownkicker wrote:Tool, you didn't address a single point snake made.

THE fires in California! Oh you mean the ones the environmentalist refused to allow fire fighter to do their jobs to put it out.. All because they felt it needed to burn naturally and go by itself..
Really Justme....what environmentalist told firefighters to allow for cities and towns to burn down?

:roll:
By namngulfvet
California congressman Tom McClintock has no doubt about who’s to blame for the fires raging across the West. As chair of the House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Federal Lands, he held a hearing in June to highlight his perspective on what’s wrong in the woods.

“Extremist groups delay and cancel desperately needed forest management and wildfire prevention projects with reckless abandon for the damage they inflict on our federal forests and the local communities that depend on them,” he said.

McClintock isn’t alone in blaming environmentalists. Among the fire-related internet memes making the rounds on social media recently is a photo of a blazing forest with the caption, “Thanks, Sierra Club!”
https://www.opb.org/news/article/are-en ... ese-fires/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By snakeoil
One pointy that everyone seems to ignore...Agriculture is hugely dependent on fossil fuels. The age of the subsistence farm is long gone, big ag is the game now. As fossil fuels run out food will become increasingly expensive and somewhat scarce in some areas.

Note: Any tractor or ag equipment under 20 HP is exempt for the Clean Air Act.
By namngulfvet
snakeoil wrote:One pointy that everyone seems to ignore...Agriculture is hugely dependent on fossil fuels. The age of the subsistence farm is long gone, big ag is the game now. As fossil fuels run out food will become increasingly expensive and somewhat scarce in some areas.

Whats your point
By johnforbes
There is one overwhelming environmental issue -- astounding population growth, and its drain on planetary resources -- which is almost never discussed.
By RealJustme
One pointy that everyone seems to ignore...Agriculture is hugely dependent on fossil fuels. The age of the subsistence farm is long gone, big ag is the game now. As fossil fuels run out food will become increasingly expensive and somewhat scarce in some areas.
]

Trump is fixing that, he's allowing more coal mining and oil drilling.
Meaning they're socking it to the farmers.
8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]