Open Discussions about the VoyeurWeb.com site
Dear all Contributors
this update is to assure you especially and our viewers and members included .. that it will not be long now before we are back online sharing with you the utmost fun at your favourite site...The Voyeurweb... and its sister sites. matter of days now as we get tuned in.
it has been a heck of a task trying to recover the pieces such as DB, content etc.
we basically had to start from scratch. but the best news is that we recovered most of what was stolen and sabotaged. and of course some was not but we will deal with it.

Now let me assure please dear contributors and mark my word ...
all contest winners that have not been paid for the past months due will be receiving an email from us to verify their identity in due course and time due as we overcome our crisis. pls stay tuned for that.

also in regards to this issue ... the only bad news would be is that we have not been able to recover the month of May 2012 as the service to the site was interrupted by you know who ... dont want to mention names ...am trying to keep this fight as clean as possible ... lets hope the other party would get on with their lives and go on .. for NOW.!

this is not a hoax ... this is the Ghost reporting and am known to most of you. i have been asked by the owners to keep you updated on this issue.

as soon as you see the sites back up and running, please expect to receive an email.
and looking forward to your response

just so you know .. when the sites are back up ... look out for the exciting prizes we have planned for you and prepare to start uploading your photos that we all have missed dearly.

thanks for your patience.
The Ghost
By jwjoe
Thank you Ghost! This is the just the kind of thing we have been waiting for! I wish to now sendings you my privates information and credit card number so RC may sign me up for the sexy time website! Thank you again for glorious update!
By Ghost
u welcome jwjoe... just email us and state to what site you were subxcribed to and to what email address.
no need to send credit cards infos.
you will hear back from us
By MrButler
Damn, Ghost. It's good to read some news.
Nevertheless it's a very very late update. I do understand you guys have a lot of work to be done, but that is no excuse for not giving the shortest possible update since Wednesday. You guys should be aware, that a lot of 'us viewers' are totally pissed.
No good PR at all. It wouldn't hurt to give a short daily update e.g.: Did this and that today.

Give us something to chew on. How about a screenshot of the new main page.....
and Katherine's tits, maybe ? ;-)
By sourdoh
I'm not entirely sure whether it is good news or bad news to hear this patient is "not dead yet." On one hand, I would be very pleased to have VW/RC back -- I miss it. On the other hand, this long period of public suffering and roiling confusion has been draining -- it's takes a lot of effort to keep up hope in the face of all of the negativity.

That said, I wish you luck ghost, in getting the site going. Soon. But please no more illusory, imaginary dates for the return. Please more real information on your progress and the issues that remain to be resolved. With that, we can determine for ourselves when (if) it is reasonable to expect the return of VW/RC.
Last edited by sourdoh on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dax
Ghost...you have recovered all past info except for May, 2012? That's just great. I renewed my membership on May 25, 2012. So I guess my records are "gone with the wind" too, huh? Now if you ever do (?) get back on line, I'll have to prove I was a member for the last 14 years. This just keeps getting better.
By Ghost
ok .. Roderyck777 let me try to asnwer this directly and breifly.
katherine is still on board helping out and she didn't lie or get fired.
she was just hopefull like the rest of us that we were going to launch the beta version based on what technicians and programmers working on the problems have guessed.
now that didn't work.! the person we should thank is the one that sabotaged the system ... in his own words to me he had said ... i have planted triggers in the system etc ... ok ... having said that ...!

let me be clear ... why we are not committing to another launch date for now..!
we just want to be transparent and honest about the whole deal...
due to the cruelty and massisvity of sabotaging the system by our dear freind...
we have this to say ...
we can either launch phase 1 (part of the features) in a matter of few days ...
or we can launch the whole site as it was and of course polished up more tech pro in 10 to 15 days. and that is a promise ..!

our problem remains now of tackling the triggers that was implanted in the system by the you know who....
programmers are working 14 hours a day and a lots have been accomplished.

we beg you all to bare with us ...
and rest assure all of you .. we got no choice but to come back as strong as ever ...
we are limping now but soon we will be on our feet again and stand tall next to you all our dear contributors, viewers and members.
and that party we promised ... is no joke .. !
it will happen .. we might even invite the person who caused all this to you and us all .. ! :)
thanks again for you patience
The Ghost
By zardoz1962
Ghost wrote:it can be but my jurisdiction was this board ... if it must, then we can post it there too if it makes you feel good.
Its really sad when staff makes a post, a user sends a reply, staff replies to that, then the user post is deleted stranding a nonsensical staff post.

You guys need to act with one mind and a bit of coordination.
By NEKROS
Hi Ghost, we are looking forward to the new & improved site. I trust your policies won't change regarding ownership of the photos redistributing them etc...?
Thank you for all the input...
Diana, (Cupid's Arrow)
By gtx076
Reading through the thread and seeing the lack of "real responses" is very disturbing. Posts are either being deleted or never approved at all. I find it hard to believe the responses to the latest "news" are real. Oh well, I will just stop checking this forum and move on.
By Jewels
Ghost, thanks for the update and I don't really care which board you posted it to! 10-15 days huh? I hope our COFF lifeboat will hold up until then! :lol:
By sourdoh
Ghost wrote:
we have this to say ...
or we can launch the whole site as it was and of course polished up more tech pro in 10 to 15 days. and that is a promise ..!
If you'd like any opinions on that, I choose both. Something to look at SOON and the new and improved in a couple of weeks. I doubt you will have very many people left here waiting for their site after two more weeks.
By Ghost
for Dax ...
as for May data recovery .. i meant the contributors winners on that particular month were lost due to the intrerruption on June 9th.
not the subscribed members ....
still you can email us your email to billing@redclouds.com and we will verify your membership and keep you updated
By epsilon3
Ghost wrote:for Dax ...
as for May data recovery .. i meant the contributors winners on that particular month were lost due to the intrerruption on June 9th.
not the subscribed members ....
still you can email us your email to billing@redclouds.com and we will verify your membership and keep you updated

Ghost - Can you please answer my question??? Why have all my emails been ignored and my posts not allowed???? This is very frustrating as a customer and more importantly as a contributor!!!

Please respond and/or fix my account so I can post without approval, which never comes!

Thank you!

STCL
By Stacy69
Has your team actually found 'triggers' or was 'you know who' lying about that to make you feel uneasy about relaunching?

Knowing that the site will be down for at least 2 more weeks is better news than no news. I wouldn't call that 'a matter of days' though (it's literally a matter of weeks).

Can't wait to see what's in store when it's back. Best of luck!
By redruggers
epsilon3 wrote:Please respond and/or fix my account so I can post without approval, which never comes!

Thank you!STCL
Looks like your posts are going through STCL. I got banned permanently for no stated reason, and on this account none of my posts go through at all.

I did get an email from the previous BB manager apologizing for the banning but saying he didn't have time to go into the BB and fix it.

So please, folks, can I get my account restored?

Rug Roller
By mrfluffer
Starting to believe this is the Obama campaign!! Nice words, plenty of promises, blame the last admin on why your current admin can't do anything and absolutely no action..

Did we say yesterday??? I'm sorry, we meant not really yesterday, but in two weeks from yesterday. Yea, that's the ticket...

A great site screwed up and failing by committee and failed promises... One thing is for sure, who ever is running this joke, will have plenty of material for a great eBook. "How to screw up a popular website, lose fans and millions of dollars in three easy steps"
By Blong
I'm usually a patient person by nature, and I think, like the majority of us, I've been very patient, but the continual flow of inaccurate information about the re-launching of this site is maddening. And I agree with mrfluffer, just like Obama, lots of promises and always blaming someone else for your problems.
By Leadfingers
Roderyck777 wrote:Thanks for the update Ghost, it is nice to hear a few more specifics.

It does sadden me that Katherine is still here and didn't give an update when the Wednesday update didn't follow through.
I think "Katherine" burned all of her street cred with the anger, and the name calling and foolishness she engaged in when the boards first came up. I suspect we won't be seeing too much of her in the future. I also suspect that's the sole reason that "Ghost" exists.

I've been an MMO gamer for almost 15 years and have seen tons of Message Board PR folks. Katherine's behavior is a textbook example on how not to run a board, lol
By Ghost
to ... epsilon3 ... we are answering to all emails, not a single one has been ignored.
its just that we are getting them in the thousands ... and we ansering them in the oldest to newest mode ..!
go ahead and tell me what you need on the Bb and i'll try to answer to you here.
By Leadfingers
Ghost wrote: go ahead and tell me what you need on the Bb and i'll try to answer to you here.
Wouldn't that be unfair to the person who's email is next in the queue? (Which also begs the question of why non-PR person time is being spent on the boards, but I digress)

Also, why are you guys futzing around with account emails if you already resurrected the database?

/boggle
By Joey510
Ghost,

I tried to post a comment yesterday saying it was time for the VW crew to put up or shut up, it was never approved.

Its time to put SOMETHING up just to show you guys are not stringing people along and you are capable.
By zardoz1962
Ghost wrote:ok .. Roderyck777 let me try to asnwer this directly and breifly.
katherine is still on board helping out and she didn't lie or get fired.
she was just hopefull like the rest of us that we were going to launch the beta version based on what technicians and programmers working on the problems have guessed.
Simple solution. Give us real facts from now on. That does not however mean be vague. It would not be hard to say something like "The log-in system is working, but the user database is still corrupted. We can comment and display contributions, but do not have links from contri-to-contri working and the submission system is not yet up.

There are plenty of people on this board who can tell when there is bullshit and when there is not and many others who will trust what those say. If you can drop a daily message saying what parts have now been fixed and what parts have not and what parts thought fixed have new, previously unknown problems we can at least see progress and have some faith.

The lifeblood of the site is the community and you need to start treating us as a community, not as customers to be strung along. A community deserves to have these things shared with them.
Ghost wrote: now that didn't work.! the person we should thank is the one that sabotaged the system ... in his own words to me he had said ... i have planted triggers in the system etc ... ok ... having said that ...!
This should be the last time you use this excuse. We are pushing three weeks in and the time to blame this is past. OK, maybe you can still tell us certain features that are not yet enabled because of pre-crash issues, but even if every line of code was deleted, every picture erased, and every database corrupted, there has still been plenty of time to put up something basic, static and manual if it needs to be, just so we can believe you are actually doing something.

At this point further delays are not because of anything that happened pre-crash, they are because of decisions made by the current VW as to the priorities set, the resources devoted, and the response chosen.
Ghost wrote: let me be clear ... why we are not committing to another launch date for now..!
we just want to be transparent and honest about the whole deal...
due to the cruelty and massisvity of sabotaging the system by our dear freind...
we have this to say ...
We have had lots of promises. One needs to be delivered upon.

So how about this. You say you can do a phase one launch in "a few days". Go ask the programmers for a set of features that they can 100% "fire me if I don't" implement by Tuesday. This has to include some form of the VW picture contribution Then send us a post saying what those features are.

On Tuesday, set up an alpha test site and have all your non-programmer employees and any friends or family they can trust run it through its paces. Your programmers can work on the live code to fix bugs you find. It is helpful to have programmers watch the users, but it is vital they say nothing or their coaching prevents you from finding all the bugs.

On Wednesday morning you should have site set up for a closed beta. Invite a dozen or so people from this board to view and test it. They should not say anything in detail to us about what you have and whether it works on this board, but they can at least report that the test site exists and progress is being made. Your programmers can work on live code to fix what they find not working.

Friday morning post the link here and go into open Beta. Now everyone on this board tries it out. Your programmers again fix live code. Board members are not allowed to bitch about things not working. The whole point of a beta is to find the bugs we EXPECT are there. Its not supposed to work well, but it is supposed to mostly work.

By Sunday you should have enough faith to put the system up at Voyeurweb.com. Now you can do the same process for each additional element as you add it.

If you can do that, everyone here will stick around for your 10 to 15 days (or 30 or 60 as I would expect) for the full site.

If however you are waiting 15 days to deliver, you will loose 25% of what is left by then and 1/2 of the rest if you delay again.

If, on the other hand, you come up with a system next week that lets simple, basic contributions to be submitted and displayed, you will have many people here, including those who long ago moved there contributions behind the RC password wall, make a contribution to show their support. If they are here, then others will wait it out and will give you all the time you need to get it right.

Continue to promise everything and deliver nothing and everyone will leave.
Ghost wrote:
our problem remains now of tackling the triggers that was implanted in the system by the you know who....
programmers are working 14 hours a day and a lots have been accomplished.
Then show us something. ANYTHING! Give us some reason to believe there are rooms full of programmers making progress on the site other than your words of assurance, which we have heard what, three times already on previous deadlines!?
Ghost wrote: we beg you all to bare with us ...
and rest assure all of you .. we got no choice but to come back as strong as ever ...
we are limping now but soon we will be on our feet again and stand tall next to you all our dear contributors, viewers and members.
and that party we promised ... is no joke .. !
it will happen .. we might even invite the person who caused all this to you and us all .. ! :)
thanks again for you patience
The Ghost
Patience is gone. Bare hope is all that remains. Show us something and patience will return.
By Rich1806
Who's the GHOST???
The New Igor?
days have turned into weeks and the only thing i have to see is post after post of the MAJOR QUESTION
WHEN, WHEN WILL WE GET BACK TO THE WAY IT USE TO BE. stable and entertaning. i miss that in red cloudes and homeclips.

WHEN, WHEN WILL WE YOU GO BACK TO NORMAL.
DATE AND TIME WOULD BE NICE, NOT SOON
By Ghost
Hey dear Rich1806 ...
nope .. the Ghost will not be igor ...
The Ghost will remain the ghost as he always have been behind the scenes along with many loyal colleagues doing the work for Igor ...
at one time we all worked fine with or without Igor ...
now that he is gone, i forgive him as a human being i wish him luck with his new partners and colleagues.
the remaining loyal collegues that still on board ... are all Ghosts behind the scenes.
we will work as a team and exchange ideas and open new channels with our contributors and members and viewers and also listen to what they have to say ... to make this site the best ever again and maintain it on top as it always has been.
one hand doesn't clap Rich ... does it.. ?
By Ghost
hey gamjamEB ...
i couldnt agree with you more ...
yes it is all about free of speech and all ...
but in crisis like these we cannot allow our new enemy to benefit from our bulletin board and loyal viewers like your selves.
the censorship that is taking place is the one that we beleive is going to hurt people involved in those crisis on both sides.
its just a matter of time wright now before we all go back to business as usual, once the storm clears. at least i see it that way ...
i can promise you this ... am more then a rep ... am a person that stands to principals ... i could have walked away from all this but i decided to stay for reasons of my own ... i honestly didnt need the BS ... but walking away from something i enjoyed doing for the past 6 years is hard to do. i am not a quitter neither are the owners of vw ... so mark my word that we will come back and better then ever ... and the bulletin board situation will get back like it used to be.
I am personally censoring dirty laundry out by certain people ...
you can tell me to FUCK OFF all day long and i will not censor that ... :)
By Ghost
if you dont feel the heat you will never see the light ...
so come out of that tunnel man..!
join us and be optimistic ...
who knows we may become freinds ... again ...! :)
By Hardtaiz4
Hey Ghost, good to hear from you, and thanks for the update.

Is Katherine still going to show us her tits? For some of us, that promise is all that has kept us going. She told me in an email she would think about posing nude later on, but first had to master the topless part of it. Her fans are pulling for her.
By Skarredmind
Ghost wrote:it can be but my jurisdiction was this board ... if it must, then we can post it there too if it makes you feel good.
Ghost, to answer your question, yes. Moving it there DOES make me feel good. Not because of petty reasons so much as the fact that I can see without question that this is a legit, admin type posting. You can't deny that VW has lost a whole lot of good will recently. I can't fathom why restoring that seems to be low on the list of priorities.

I have been a paid member of redclouds off and on since the beginning of that site. I have been a regular viewer to VW itself since the VERY first days of that site. Would I prefer to stay with somewhere I am comfortable, and with people I've enjoyed viewing for years and years? Obviously, yes. Please, try harder to make me feel comfortable spending my money on this site... so far in the court of public opinion, I worry that the other site has you guys beaten hands down.

Now I am confused, again. Katherine said you guys had recovered the database, but you're saying I should be emailing my account information so you can restore it. Which is it? Mistakes are ok, they happen. Most reasonable people understand that. But hearing one thing, then seeing another, over, and over again begins to make me feel like a fool for trusting you. Please, prove that instinct wrong.

Thanks.

Skarredmind (AKA Slughead on the RCBB)
By Skarredmind
Ghost, to answer your question, yes. Moving it there DOES make me feel good. Not because of petty reasons so much as the fact that I can see without question that this is a legit, admin type posting. You can't deny that VW has lost a whole lot of good will recently. I can't fathom why restoring that seems to be low on the list of priorities.

I have been a paid member of redclouds off and on since the beginning of that site. I have been a regular viewer to VW itself since the VERY first days of that site. Would I prefer to stay with somewhere I am comfortable, and with people I've enjoyed viewing for years and years? Obviously, yes. Please, try harder to make me feel comfortable spending my money on this site... so far in the court of public opinion, I worry that the other site has you guys beaten hands down.

Now I am confused, again. Katherine said you guys had recovered the database, but you're saying I should be emailing my account information so you can restore it. Which is it? Mistakes are ok, they happen. Most reasonable people understand that. But hearing one thing, then seeing another, over, and over again begins to make me feel like a fool for trusting you. Please, prove that instinct wrong.

Thanks.

Skarredmind (AKA Slughead on the RCBB)
By redruggers
redruggers wrote:
epsilon3 wrote:Please respond and/or fix my account so I can post without approval, which never comes!

Thank you!STCL
Looks like your posts are going through STCL. I got banned permanently for no stated reason, and on this account none of my posts go through at all.

I did get an email from the previous BB manager apologizing for the banning but saying he didn't have time to go into the BB and fix it.

So please, folks, can I get my account restored?

Rug Roller
Okay, ONE post went through in THREE DAYS of trying.

GHOST -- can you please tell me what possible reason there could have been for banning me permanently? Ask others here what sort of voice I have provided on the BB. Both KL and CP have acknowledged my feedback has been constructive, if also sometimes critical. Hell, even Igor calls me "supportive" of the old VW, although I prefer to think of myself as an objective commentator with a strong view of Igor's violation of trust in posting all our pictures on a new site without permission (whatever else he may or may not have done).

If it was accidental, can I PLEASE be unbanned (rugrollers account and IP) or can you at least enable my current account for non-moderation and PM as I had before?

Rug Roller

(Oh, and what Zardoz said, do it that way...)
By sourdoh
Ghost wrote:if you dont feel the heat you will never see the light ...
so come out of that tunnel man..!
join us and be optimistic ...
who knows we may become freinds ... again ...! :)
Um, catchy phrase, but I don't happen to believe that it is true. Nonetheless, I support your efforts, because I have followed most of your posts prior to now and found you to be basically reasonable and as upfront as possible in these conditions. I don't buy into the idea that it is a free speech right to stand in front of someone's home and shout obscenities at the top of one's lungs, saying that those inside are every sort of evil and stupid imaginable, but should come to my house for a good time anyway.
By contributor
Ghost,you said you can recover all the information concerning winners except May 2012.I am starting to think that you will rely only on the mails you sent to winners.It makes no sense to me if you are able to recover March and April and having problems with May.As we know VW stopped working on June 9th a whole week after May
By Ghost
yes dear contributor ... true..!
May's winners were lost on June 9th correct ... one week before the system was able to finalize final winners results. i usually go into the system and pull out the results on the 15th of every month and send to billing. as u know it was interrupted before i can have that data on hand.
for that we apologize on our behalf .. sad this was caused by someone we never counted on to happen ... we shall run the same contests that we did in May as soon as the site is up and running again
thank you
By Leadfingers
Priceless wrote:Please list where we should email info if we wish? Thank you
Priceless...they've already claimed to have restored the user database. You don't need to send anyone your private information.
This really bites. I don't care about all the politics. All I want is either the sites back up even partially is better than not at all or a firm date of when it will be back up. The viewers are the customers here some people need to remember that. The main reason a customer starts doing business with another company is they are not happy with the service or treatment they were getting. It looks to me like many of the viewers are not happy. Someone should take notice of this and act fast before everyone is gone.
By redruggers
Ghost wrote:yes dear contributor ... true..!
May's winners were lost on June 9th correct ... one week before the system was able to finalize final winners results. i usually go into the system and pull out the results on the 15th of every month and send to billing. as u know it was interrupted before i can have that data on hand.
for that we apologize on our behalf .. sad this was caused by someone we never counted on to happen ... we shall run the same contests that we did in May as soon as the site is up and running again
thank you
I don't understand how you can run the same contests all over again. People have already seen those contris and will be bored. For a whole month you'll have no new content? Plus you'll have a different audience after this long interruption so they will vote differently. And you won't be up by July 1st, so you won't be on a monthly cycle.

Why don't you just use the winners lists that were posted nearly a week before the 9th? What verification did the system do once the winners' lists have already been posted? And even if there was one, I imagine contributors would rather trust those lists than rerun the whole contest -- you could ask them/us.

(PLEASE restore my rugrollers account and unblock my IP so I don't have to run through a proxy server -- it makes me log back on every couple of minutes)

Rug Roller
jesus, i cannot believe the whining. as a long time paying member i continue to thank all contributors - you're the ones that truly keep this site alive. and as a longer time vw enthusiast i can see that we've all come to expect a high level of style at vw/rc/hc. and with all of the sabotage that some cocksucker (apologies to stcl) inflicted on his departure, there is sure to be a looong recovery effort. i've seen so many posts that someone's friend could get a site up and running in a few hours. but i'd be really impressed if those friends could cull all of the hof/funbags data back on to a site, make it look like it used to, and (to make it really challenging) get around whatever obstacles that asshole left. i need my rc fix like a fucking addict needs heroin...i'm going crazy here. but at the same time i know that if i wait (even impatiently) i will get my fix and it will be just like the first time. this is my version of blowing off steam...be patient people. i'm sure our playground will open again.

peace...

The man is supposedly a wiz at real estate develop[…]

8th Amendment

I was applauding Elkin's IQ. He was the very firs[…]

"The Coming Ice Age"

It is late April here, and April really is the cru[…]

Walk Like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULk8-DGC7Hs

Eaten by Indigenous Natives

Thanks for Clowntoker for his agreement that each […]

Karma operates in odd ways, but Schiff -- who lied[…]

An Email from Joe Canadian