Exhibitionists meet here!
By Dj561
My apologies to the topless female i scared laying at the water near F post. I was walking back and said "ma'am theres kids and families coming" and she jumped and turned around real quick! But we all enjoyed the view!
By beachlover
Haven't made it down to JB this year yet. Plan on coming in mid September. What is the activity like this summer ? Are there many folks nude ? What about the rangers ? How often are they visiting the beach ?
By Cajunsailor
Have been there the last couple weekends. A few people out there, one patrol a day. It’s been great. Lots of tourist this time of year. Curious people want to find a nude beach. I usually go all the way to the F post area. Hope to do so again this weekend. Although, it’s a lot easier if I go by boat.
By JBLover
Mighty fine, mighty fine. Nothing so nice as a nude cutie on JB.

I've had the same problem with families. Seems a favorite cross over spot for boaters is around the F post. I try to avoid that area on the weekends, not so bad during the week.
By debonair
I would like to avoid it but the ladies just have the hardest time trying to walk farther so they always want to stop as soon as we get in an area where no one is close
By JBLover
One place at JB you might try to avoid the family boaters crossing over from the Lagoon side is the area just a few hundred feet past the E sign post, and it is a much shorter walk. I've noticed other nudes using this area last year and used it myself a few times early this year before the beach was closed. I had a few more beach walkers, but they never bothered me and I had a lot shorter walk. I've been out of the area and haven't been back to JB since it was opened back up, so I don't know how much use this area is getting now. I do know that boaters crossover closer to the F sign post than the E sign post, so you might want to give this area a try.

Another area you might try is the area just to the west of the end of the paved road. A couple of years ago I meet a couple walking the beach down by the G sign post where I was set up nude. They asked me about nude use and I gave them my recommendations. They said they would go get there stuff and come back. They never did, but when I was leaving I saw them set up nude just west of the end of the paved road. I walked over to them and said this location might not be a good idea. They pointed out that no one has bothered them and they have seen no rangers. Plus they didn't want to make the long walk back to G again. So who was I to rain on their parade. I wished them happy nude sunning and left. I've seen other people use this area, but always thought it too risky. However, there are a lot of small sand dunes there that can give you good cover until someone is almost right on top of you. Plenty of time to cover up if need be. I might just give this area try when I get back home. It sure is the shortest walk.

Bear in mind that my experience is mostly during the week. I know JB can get a lot more crowed on the weekends, so my suggestions might not be valid during the weekend. Just trying to be helpful by offering up some alternatives.
By FastFive
debonair wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 am Went Saturday. everything was great besides the families coming by boat ruining the fun.
That's a fine beach view!
looker18 liked this
By Cajunsailor
If I go by boat, the very shallow but clear area at the F/G spot is where I anchor. I trim up a lot or walk the boat in and there’s a clear crossover. Never see families that far down. Naked all day and occasionally couples or curious men walk down to....
By nekidboating
ndbeachcpl wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:10 am We've finally returned from cruising and hope to make it down to JB sometime soon. The boat is going to haul out for bottom paint and minor stuff for a couple of months, so we should have some downtime.
I am sure we have crossed paths cruising! Lets try to connect.
By Titfreak
Leggs and I spent some time on JB Monday afternoon. It was nice to get back out there and enjoy some naked time. We're heading down again in Oct. Hopefully it'll be enough cooler that we can be out there a few times.
Attachments
P1060797 (Copy).JPG
P1060797 (Copy).JPG (162.43 KiB) Viewed 70399 times
Cm101, Cajunsailor, FastFive and 4 others liked this
By JBLover
The following update is from the Gulf Islands National Seashore Facebook page.

UPDATE: Perdido Key Area Facilities

Sand clearing is underway at Johnson Beach. Thanks to newly installed metal roofs and hardware replacement projects completed this spring, the pavilions and restrooms suffered only minor damage. Johnson Beach Road is also buried in sand, and will be cleared when equipment can be moved from J. Earle Bowden Way and Fort Pickens Road.

Beach crossovers and the Perdido Key Discovery Trail were significantly damaged or destroyed. At this time the area remains closed to all public access, we hope to have additional information later this week. Learn more about the National Park Service's Hurricane Sally response at www.nps.gov/guis/learn/news/sally_fl_1.htm.
By JBLover
UPDATE: Johnson Beach to Reopen After Hurricane Sally per the Johnson Beach Facebook Page

On Saturday, October 3, Johnson Beach in the Perdido Key Area and the Naval Live Oaks Area will reopen. The Okaloosa Area will reopen on Sunday, October 4. The three areas will open on their normal operating schedules.

Restrooms and pavilions will be open, however Johnson Beach Road beyond the main parking lot will remain closed as crews continue to clear sand and debris from the road. The Perdido Key Discovery Trail, destroyed by the hurricane, will remain closed until further notice. Entrance fees will be required at the Perdido Key and Okaloosa areas.
By Timbrs
Has anyone been going down since the storm? If so how far are you walking? I’ve been 4 times in the last 2 weeks. I’ve walked to the usual area past the roundabout twice.(long walk) Just a few people each time. Sunday has one couple fishing about 1/2 way down. She was topless. That’s all the scenery in 4 days out there. Sad
By aubchcpl
ImageWe were there this past weekend and the new cuts through to the gulf caused by Sally have left some very cool islands! Lots of boaters were beached down by Ft McCree.
j johnson beach 110312020.3.jpg
j johnson beach 110312020.3.jpg (223.87 KiB) Viewed 63007 times
j johnson beach 110312020.1.jpg
j johnson beach 110312020.1.jpg (249.21 KiB) Viewed 63007 times
Cm101, JBLover, Cajunsailor and 4 others liked this
By beachlover
I emailed the part and this was the response about the road at Johnson Beach.

"Johnson Beach Road past the main parking lot is closed to vehicle access, and there is currently not a reopening date. However, Johnson Beach reopened on October 30th. Let me know if that answers yours question!"
By sfcouple49
Looking fine AuBchCpl! We love when you visit, and post. And how appropriate to be wearing a Soggy Bottom visor on JB post-Sally - the SB was nearly completely leveled in 2017's Irma. (That story in slideshow-like photos on their site.)

Thanks CajunSailor & JBLover for the links & updates on storm damage. The before and after satellite pics were wild. It will be interesting to see how Mother Nature responds to the eastern sand spit being cut into smaller cays.

And TitFreak - always our pleasure when you share Mrs TF hereabouts. What a woman! One of the reasons we visit VW.

Glad y'all are keeping this thread alive. This may be the last remaining vestige of the old VWForums now that the COFF is down to last couple of contributors. Should VW fold up their tent do y'all have an alternative site to continue this conversation?
By JBLover
Yes the road from the pavilion to the turnaround is still closed to vehicles. I’ve only walked the first mile of the road and it is in undamaged condition. I did talk to a jogger and was told that the condition of the road is good all the way to the turnaround. Currently there is a light coating of sand on the road. The dune crossovers are almost all destroyed. The road’s shoulders do have a fair amount of sand on them. The beach itself appears to be in really good shape from what I saw. Obviously, it is possible to bike all the way to the turnaround. And I have seen quite a few bikers and joggers headed in that direction.

It doesn’t appear it would take much effort to grade the shoulders for parking, but the cost to the National Park Service may be prohibitive. Plus, I suppose there is some danger from what’s left of the dune crossovers poking through the sand. Keep in mind that the pavilion parking lot fills up quick on nice days. It will be much more so now with no shoulder parking on the road to the turnaround.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=5616
download/file.php?mode=view&id=5617
download/file.php?mode=view&id=5615
Cm101 liked this
By Cm101
From what I’ve been reading it’s still closed. Someone said they were talking about hopefully Memorial Day weekend. Some of the places say the parking lot was full by 11:00am today.
By prostar
Got parking yesterday at Pavillion about 2:00. Did a long walk with the wife almost to the circle to avoid crowds. One other couple in the distance that were nude also.
By Cm101
Got to spend some time down there this week. Pretty much had the beach to ourselves for several days. Weather was suppose to be a wash out each day but rain held off almost everyday. Had an awesome time just the 2 of us. We may have seen a total of 4 people maybe less each day.
By beachguy60
I haven't heard that but I figured as much having the entire eastern half of the beach without having to look out for walkers or rangers . I would love to hear from boaters that have been down there .
By Cajunsailor
Wife away this coming weekend. We were at JB via boat last weekend. I was the only naked guy around. She, of course, wasn’t naked 😏. No walkers or curious folks. Maybe I can get interested parties on my boat this Saturday for a naked day.
By beachlover
We're new to boating over to JB on the bay side. Where do you guys like to tie up the boat ?
Is it better go to G or even further down?

Is the water really shallow? Are there any issues with getting your boat stuck?
By Cajunsailor
There’s a nice crossover over near the G post. It is in fact very shallow, I trim up and then drop anchor and walk the boat where I wanna put it. Lots of seagrass there but once again, a nice cross over there.
8th Amendment

Once again, when presented with an unrefutable arg[…]

"The Coming Ice Age"

"As Ewing and Donn read the evidence, an Ice[…]

"There was no intent to defraud,..."john[…]

Eaten by Indigenous Natives

Thanks for Clowntoker for his agreement that each […]

Karma operates in odd ways, but Schiff -- who lied[…]

An Email from Joe Canadian

Amen, there really is a lot of space vacant in the[…]

Climate Corps

Just when you thought the federal govt couldn't co[…]