Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
Let's see - red hair, Hazel eyes, wonderful warm smile, very lovely face, body that's firm and fit, great sense of humor, intelligent, and you can cook - sounds and looks perfect to me. :D
Manda! I may not be able to stop by the Coffee House this weekend, but if I have Sugar stop in and pick up a couple of your best coffees to go with some blueberry muffins that would be swell.

Hugs & kisses sweet Manda.
Good morning and happy Sunday everyone!

Retro, COFFee is on, Berty has the paper, there are a few things on the grill for brunch and I'm going to see if I can get some COFFettes to help wake up John and Skeeter and Thumper! I put out some treats for Winston and Flash and added some special North Carolina shine from Lothario to the COFFee pot at the end of the counter, ha ha!

I miss our good times and wish I had more free time to play around with you all. Just cuz we are not around as much does not mean you all are not very far from my heart.

I want to give some special huggs to my crime partners Honora and Lady T and wish you much love!

I guess not many of you have time to post recipes this year, but I want to get at least one holiday cookie recipe up here this week. Thinker, I LOVE all the recipes you put up, you and John have some really good ones! John, will you do a ginger bread house this year?

Honora sweetie, you know you're loved gf! LT, give T a big kiss from me!

Trinity, Elise, Marilyn, Vienna, CG, Jaybird and everyone else, I hope much love and good wishes will fill your Christmas fishnet thigh highs! Hey hey!

Xoxo M :)
Having any... or ALL of the COFFettes give me a wake-up call would have been heavenly. ;) ;) And IF I had been REALLY lucky, I never wOOd have made it out of bed. :mrgreen:

Manda, somewhere I have a great recipe for pumpkin cookies. Seeing as how it's a cookie recipe, I wouldn't say it's "healthy" but it sure is GOOD! I'll do my best to get it posted in the next couple of days. I gotta get my butt in the shower and get moving- hey, it's only 9:00 am here on the left coast. Me and da Beave are going to the San Diego Zoo today for their annual Christmas program and lighting displays. I gotta pick her up in a bit... but I need to stop by BevMo and pick up a bottle of peppermint schnapps (for the hot chocolate we'll get at the zoo) first.

I haven't done a gingerbread house/village in a couple of years now and I won't be doing one this year. Maybe I'll find the joy again... just not this year. :cry: But I do have some pics of some from the past. Maybe I'll dig 'em out and post a pic or two.
G'Morning Manda, and all the rest of ya' too. I'll just have some coffee for now please, then see if I can wrestle the financial pages away from Berty.
(Or is it the society page he's studying so closely?)

Love the new propic Manda! If memory serves, I believe the last time we saw those "Ruby Red, Beddazzled, Spike Heeled Slippers," there was a Lacy Thong entangled therein, or dangling from, perhaps . . . . . . . :oops:

Hmmmm, looks like Berty has totally mutilated the paper again, (clipping coupons, no doubt.) Oh well, guess I'll just sit and sip and admire Manda's well turned ankles and day dream a little about "Christmas Past" . . . . .

Ahhh, the Memories. :) :) ;)

. . . . . Merry Christmas, to All! . . . . .
Manda - here is a receipt that isn't for cookies and is full of calories. I haven't tried it yet - just sounded so good.

French toast:

Serves 4
1 loaf challah bread (or I will use thick Texas toast)
3 eggs
½ cup heavy cream
Butter, for grilling and serving
Good maple syrup, for serving

1. Slice challah into ¾ to 1 inch thick slices
2. Whisk together eggs and cream
3. Heat a griddle or flat grill pan over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp butter for every two pieces of French toast; swirl butter around to cover surface,
4. Dip slice of bread in egg and cream, flip and soak well. Add to griddle and grill until golden (approx. 90 seconds) on one side – flip and repeat.
5. Serve with additional butter (if desired) and maple syrup.

Someone suggested I also add cinnamon.
Fruitcake Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 pound dried figs
1/4 pound raisins
2 ounces candied cherries, coarsely chopped
2 ounces dried apricots, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup spirits (brandy/cognac/rum)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
6 ounces chopped pecans (optional)
Kosher salt
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 extra-large egg
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour

Directions:

Begin sipping the 1 cup of spirits to ensure freshness.

Snip off the hard stems of the figs with scissors or a small knife and coarsely chop the figs.

Keep sipping/testing spirits to make sure it has not gone bad yet.

Chop other fruits. Keep sipping.

In a medium bowl, combine the figs, raisins, cherries, apricots, honey, 1/3 to 1/2 cup alcohol, lemon juice, pecans, and a pinch of salt. Stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit overnight at room temperature. Meanwhile, finish sipping the spirits.

In the morning, add more spirits and stir to coat.

Fit your electric mixer with the paddle attachment (not the spanking paddle! That is for later.). In the bowl, cream the butter, cloves, superfine sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the egg and mix until incorporated. With the mixer still on low, slowly add the flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt just until combined. Don't over mix! Add the fruits and nuts, including any liquid in the bowl.

Divide the dough in half and place each half on the long edge of a 12 by 18-inch piece of parchment or waxed paper. Roll each half into a log, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4-inch thick, making an 18-inch-long roll. (Not as thick and a "little" longer than me! ;))

Refrigerate the dough for several hours or until as firm as your guy. You must give him a BJ for comparison...for several hours. (Save the fresh cream for another recipe or swallow if hungry!)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

With a small, sharp knife, cut the logs into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Be careful of which log you are cutting (not the cream-filled log). Place the slices 1/2-inch apart on ungreased sheet pans and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden.

After cooling, keep spraying/drizzling with the spirits to moisten.
Thinker, sounds like a great holiday cookie . . . of course I may be slightly biased, as a raisin grower and dried fruit packer.

We actually pack and ship every one of the dried fruit items on your ingredients list. Good stuff!

Now, if we could get the lucious Manda to whip up a batch and document the action . . . how's that for a Christmas Wish?

Santa, are you listening?

(I opt for the Cognac, by the way.) ;)
If you are listening Manda, stop by my place to make them. It might be a little tricky. I want you to "get it" just right...probably when bending over to put them in the oven! ;) I'm a little "Dick"ens! Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!
I LOVE these! Thanks guys you are all so great. No matter how frazzled or down I get I always smile when I come to COFF!

Xo. :lol:
Happy Valentines Gorgeous!!

May your day be filled with roses as red as those Louboutin soles......

A recipe,

Take a day,

Add your smile,

Mix,

Drink deep,

Bliss......

Serves two, zero calories

.................and no bunnies were sacrificed for this recipe........
Hey there!!!

John I'm glad you're "Up" LOL! You too Thinker! :) I had meant a recipe but maybe I should put up something a little more to your tastes?? :) Miss you guys!

RC, you always make me smile no matter how down I am, xo JR, retro I'll have to brew some up for you ASAP!
(I might keep you "up" all night though!) Skeeter, I'll get you your own paper and even sit in your lap and turn the pages if you like. I love the news paper, I live to lay in bed and read the paper, it's so relaxing.

xoxo

Here's a recipe I think I posted once but it's still good and I had it today. :)

Oatmeal and Egg White Scramble

This is so easy, so healthy and bed friendly!! (Easy to slip into the kitchen cook and get back under the covers, he he!)

Ingredients:

6 egg whites
One cup oatmeal
Truvia
Cinnamon

Directions:

Whip the egg whites to a light froth and fold in the oatmeal adding water to suit for a consistency you like. 
Microwave in a microwave safe container for 2 to 4 minutes depending on your microwave, stopping and stirring it a little a couple of times. Then serve!!! Add Truvia and Cinnamon to taste! A slice of Whole wheat toast with a small pat of butter and you have a super quick healthy breakfast for two!

You can play with the number of eggs, the oatmeal and water until you get what feels right to you. Just have fun with it!! Not all microwaves heat the same either, just saying, so FYI! LOL!!

Now I have to think of something to do with all these egg yolks! I’m beginning to feel guilty just throwing them away!

Have a great Sunday Guys!!
xoxoxo
Love the breakfast recipe Manda, but I'm afraid that you, on my lap, turning pages would be a recipe for trouble with a capital "T" . . .

. . . but I'm game if you are. :D

After viewing the pic you posted on the Town Hall thread, I'm definitely "UP" for a little trouble!
(Love those creamy peaches.)
Here's a sinful one for you all to try. The Olympics have me curled on the couch watching and this is a perfect nibble food!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
Perfect for an Olympic watching evening or weekend treat!

Ingredients:

3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
6 ounce of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 (16.5-ounce) rolls refrigerator chocolate chip cookie dough (keep refrigerated until needed)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C.)
2. In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until well mixed; set aside.
3. Slice cookie dough rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange slices from one roll on bottom of a greased 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish; press together so there are no holes in dough. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over your dough; top it off with the remaining slices of cookie dough.
4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden and center is slightly firm. (Mmm firm and warm, yum! :) )
5. Remove from oven, let cool, then refrigerate. Cut into slices when well chilled.
If desired top with ice cream or whipped cream.

Topless is healthier ha ha, and more fun! :)
MDee's: That sounds like something to die for. Would have thought you needed Vanilla in the recipe. That is how I do mine from scratch. I love home made cheese cake it is the best.
Hey Manda, I'm now eating a gluten free diet. I've been on it for 34 days now. I am hoping that it helps with my psoriasis. After the first 2 weeks I stopped craving things like bagels. I feel better and seem to have more energy, but so far no improvement in my psoriasis. Would you be interested in exploring some gluten free recipes?

Anyone else gluten free or thinking about it? I'd be happy to swap stories with anyone.
Here's a nice little meal to try :)

Lemon Chicken & WIld Rice

Chicken and rice is a staple dish in anybody’s cuisine. However, while it seems like a simple dinner, you can make something just as simple as chicken and rice into something really good and healthy too.

Try this one, grilled or pan-seared chicken breast seasoned with basil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. The lemon and basil pair with the roasted asparagus and wild rice.

Ingredients

- Chicken breast

- Asparagus

- Wild Rice

- Lemons

- Basil (fresh or dried)

- Olive Oil

- Coarse Salt

- Freshly Ground Pepper

Directions

Wild rice takes longer to cook than regular white rice, so bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Stir in wild rice, reduce to a simmer, and cook until wild rice is tender, about 40 minutes.

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Prepare asparagus. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus with olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Roast until lightly browned and tender, 8 to 10 minutes (depending on thickness).

Season the chicken breasts with salt and paper. Squeeze fresh lemon juice onto the chicken, and pan-sear it over a medium-heat pan with olive oil. Or grill it. Add basil once chicken is almost done so that it doesn’t burn. Cook for about 8-14 minutes or until golden brown. Finish the chicken with a bit more lemon juice and season to taste.

Enjoy with a glass of white wine over a dinner party with family and friends or make extra for yourself to enjoy the next day. It's something easy to take to work and warm and so much better than fast food.

Paul, I think this is Gluten free too! :) (Most rice is, just look on the box.)
Hi Manda,

Will be trying your chicken and rice recipe this week. Want to join me and critique it in person? *crossing fingers*

What have you been up to? It has been getting warmer here lately. Been getting outside as much as possible. So good to not freeze while outside.
Hi Thinker,

It's beautiful outside here, I just popped in to say hello, I'm glad your trying a recipe.

I need to put another up soon, maybe if I get time, I'll post a St Paddy Day one?

Have a great day everyone! :) :D :D :D
I made potato soup yesterday.

5/6 potatoes peeled and diced bite size (depends on the size potatoes you use)
5 cups water
4 bullion cubes (chicken)
1 TBSP salt
1/3 cup butter
pepper
2 onions (but assume the size can make a difference and use one)
Cook on high for 4 hours, last hour add 1/2 and 1/2 pint.

I go this recipe from 4B's years a go. I cook mine in a crockpot.
You can lots of other items to it. 2 leeks, cut up, 1 stalk celery sliced. 1 tablespoon parsley flakes. Chopped chives. All depends on what you like and don't like.

I only make this once in a while, but I really like it.
I made potato soup yesterday.

5 cups water
1 TBSP salt
1/3 cup butter
pepper

You can lots of other items to it. 2 leeks, cut up, 1 stalk celery sliced. 1 tablespoon parsley flakes. Chopped chives. All depends on what you like and don't like.

I only make this once in a while, but I really like it. Then get lucky. St. Patrick ideas.
That sounds really good Di, I would add all the extras, LOL!

Thank you for sharing it! :)
Beautiful weather here today and tomorrow. Sunday will get cold again. I took today off so I could go on a bike ride.

Manda, I tried your chicken recipe. It was great. I grilled squash instead of asparagus. Still was delicious. Had good lunches through the week. Yum.

Di, I think I will try your potato recipe this Sunday. Cannot wait. Some more yum.
DangerousDi wrote:I made potato soup yesterday.

5 cups water
1 TBSP salt
1/3 cup butter
pepper

I only make this once in a while, but I really like it. Then get lucky. St. Patrick ideas.
Great soup. Just made it yesterday. Used chicken stock in place of 4 c water and 4 bullion cubes. Next time I will spice it up a little. (Yes, I did get lucky last night! It works! ;) )
Here's a fun one to try, Happy Sunday Everyone!

Braised Artichokes Roman Style

If you have choices in artichokes, choose artichokes whose petals are closed. They'll be fresher than artichokes whose petals have started to open wide. Frost-kissed artichokes are especially delicious, so even though they may look a little blemished, they'll taste great.

INGREDIENTS

2 large globe artichokes
1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup sliced shallots
3 cloves garlic, minced, about 1 Tbsp
3 bay leaves
1 cup dry white wine drink the rest, :-)
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves

DIRECTIONS

1 Prep the artichokes. Prepare a large bowl with cold water. Squeeze half a lemon into the water. Cut off the top inch of the artichokes. Squeeze a little lemon over the cut areas to keep the artichokes from turning brown. Use kitchen shears to snip off the thorny tips of the artichoke leaves.

Cut the artichokes into quarters. Use a teaspoon to scrape away the hairy choke above the artichoke heart. Remove the small, papery, purplish leaves close to the choke. Rub the cut areas again with lemon. Place the quartered artichoke hearts into the bowl of lemon juice and water as you finish prepping them.

2 Heat your olive oil on medium heat in a thick-bottomed pot that will hold all of the artichokes tightly in a single layer. (Choose a pot with a tight-fitting lid.) When the oil is hot, add the shallots and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute. Drink one glass of wine. :-)

3 Add the white wine, water, bay leaves, and salt to the pot. Make sure there is enough liquid to cover the bottom of the pan by 1/4-inch. If not, add more water until there is. Bring to a simmer, and simmer for a minute. Place the quartered artichokes, cut side down in a single layer, in the pot.

Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and lower the heat to medium. Simmer for 20 minutes. (If it looks like the pot is going dry, add more hot water to the pot.) Then toss with the parsley and mint, turning the artichokes over to coat them with the sauce, cover again, and cook for an additional 5 to 15 minutes, until the leaves are tender and are easy to pull off the artichoke. More wine is sipped here.

This is a great recipe to prepare while talking about the day. It serves four so if you have another couple over it's a perfect meal to prepare, visit while cooking and then sit down for dinner . I would be sure to have three bottles of wine one for the preparation, a second for dinner and a theirs for afterwards if you visit, or sit around the fire pit or whatever.

Note that older artichokes may take a longer cooking time (and therefore more water/wine in the pot) to get tender. (This recipe is for my dear tough old friend Skeeter, xoxo. He sent me an email just now and I had to make this one for him!)

Let it cool to slightly warm or room temperature. Serve with some of the pan juices and shallots from the braising liquid. Especially good if you make a day ahead but it takes away the fun of visiting with friends while cooking so I would say just cook it a little longer and add a little more wine where you otherwise would add water, ) giving the cooked artichokes more time to marinate. Just chill, and return to room temperature before serving.

This is a great vegetarian meal for a dinner get together, If anyone tries it, please post and say how it went?

Happy Sunday!
Sounds really good Manda, another keeper. I'm only about a 90 minute drive from Pajaro Valley/Castroville, Artichoke Capital of the World. Big bucks in them thar ugly veggies.

"tough old friend" am I now, huh? Kinda' like the venerable old Artichoke, is that what your sayin'?
Well, I'll go with that comparison but stipulate I'm old and rough on the outside but soft and warm hearted inside. No quarrel with the friend part though, I like that sentiment. :D

Now, to the ingredients list, how fitting that a Manda recipe would start with Two Large Globes, I can handle those ;) but I don't I have fresh parsley . . . and who keeps shallots around? Guess it means another trip to the store, or I could just pour another glass of Merlot and contemplate those magnificent "Large Globes." 8-)

Yeah! That's the ticket!

Thanks Doll, Coffee in the a.m. ?
For Later, :)

EASTER EGG MARTINI

1 oz. (30ml) Vodka
2 oz. (60ml) Vanilla Vodka
1/2 oz. (15ml) Creme de Cacao
1/2 oz. (15ml) Baileys
1 1/2 oz. (45ml) Half & Half
1 Cadbury Creme Egg
Hershey Chocolate Syrup
1 Mini Cadbury Creme Egg (for garnish)

Drizzle chocolate syrup in a chilled cocktail glass and return to freezer.
Mix hard a standard-size Creme Egg and Vodkas in a cocktail mixer.
Add ice, Creme de Cacao, Bailey's, Half & Half, and a few drops of chocolate syrup on top. :)

for after the Easter Egg Hunt! Happy Easter

:)
After the Easter egg hunt and after the grandkids have gone home, I might just have to whip up one of those. Or maybe two, care to join me Manda?

Happy Easter Sweetness!
After the Easter egg hunt and after the grandkids have gone home, I might just have to whip up one of those. Or maybe two, care to join me Manda?

Happy Easter Sweetness!
Mmm, love company Skeeter,

It's really good too Thinker. I really appreciate all of you posting recipes too. This is so much fun, I can't believe it's been almost four years running! :)

Now that Easter is over bikini season is here, so how about a focus on nutrition and diet for healthy recipes for Spring?

Who has some sexy ass recipes?

Lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Manda Darling, you have no idea how much I'd love to keep you company. Anytime, anywhere, with or with out Cadbury Martinis.

And with or without your bikini! Love the new propic, gets me in the mood for . . . well, you know!

Bikini season of course . . . what were you thinkin' ;)
Cornish Pasties?

Now that's a Freudian slip if I ever saw one. But who could blame you? My mind often wanders toward nipples when I'm writing to Manda, some sort of fixation I think. :)
Global Cooling

I'm not a millionaire like you Clown.. :( It take[…]

MUGA Hat

Clown...you misspelled ...MUGA.! :O

"Your 10,000 square foot home can easily incr[…]

8th Amendment

I was applauding Elkin's IQ. He was the very firs[…]

"The Coming Ice Age"

It is late April here, and April really is the cru[…]

Walk Like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULk8-DGC7Hs

Eaten by Indigenous Natives