Political discussions about everything
By johnforbes
"Taxpayer-funded staff of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor have worked hand in glove with schools and libraries to boost her book sales, according to a detailed report.

The Associated Press said Sotomayor has earned at least $3.7 million from book sales since she joined the court in 2009. Of that, she has raked in at least $400,000 since 2019 from sales of her children’s books.

The AP noted that unlike other branches of government, which would forbid taxpayer-funded staff from assisting in such ventures, the nation’s highest court has no formal code of ethical conduct."
By Clownkicker
So what's your point? That Congress should crack down on the judicial ethics of this Court?

That's what Democrats have been trying to tell you, dummy.

Now, did Sotomayor fail to declare all those earnings, just like the Republicans on the court?

If not, your thread is just more pointless partisan distraction from Dishonestjohn.
By johnforbes
Mr Forbes is, as ever, urging ethical behavior by all on the Court.

Whether it is a cushy lecturer gig overseas, or a hunting trip, or staffers trying to sell books, it is all influence sellling, eh?

When Mitt's son, and Kerry's son-in-law, and Pelosi's son, and Joe's son all were on energy boards in Ukraine, and none of them had any energy expertise or fluency in the language, everybody knew they were selling access to power.
By Clownkicker
I'm still missing the part where you post some evidence of crimes being committed by any of those people, johnny.

You know, the way there is evidence that Republican Justices broke the law by refusing to report gifts they received.

I'm sure you have boatloads of evidence of criminal behavior, right? Otherwise you wouldn't be harping on this sort of silliness for years on end. One would think the Republicans in Congress would have found this damning evidence you have by now after their years of investigations.

We know you wouldn't still be here whining about nothing but more of your typical impotent partisan innuendo.
By johnforbes
Clowntoker had criticized the ethics of some justices, and Mr Forbes -- polite and gracious as always -- had hastened to concur.

Because of his fairness -- one might even say his legendary fairness -- Mr Forbes also aspired to have such standards apply to affirmative action justices such as the "Wise Latina" and Ketanji 'I'm not a biologist and cannot define 'woman'"...
By Clownkicker
So you DON'T have any evidence of criminal behavior by Sotomayor the way we have evidence of criminal behavior by two of the Republican Justices on the Court.

That's what I thought.

As I said, this thread is just more of your usual onanistic partisan hypocrisy.
8th Amendment

Once again, when presented with an unrefutable arg[…]

"The Coming Ice Age"

"As Ewing and Donn read the evidence, an Ice[…]

"There was no intent to defraud,..."john[…]

Eaten by Indigenous Natives

Thanks for Clowntoker for his agreement that each […]

Karma operates in odd ways, but Schiff -- who lied[…]

An Email from Joe Canadian

Amen, there really is a lot of space vacant in the[…]

Climate Corps

Just when you thought the federal govt couldn't co[…]