Open Discussions about the VoyeurWeb.com site
By vwjcdnm156
Will the Funbags site be more current than 2010? In the past it was 2 to 3 months behind actual date. Sorry if this has been covered already.
By VWSupport
FunBags will get back up to date! There will also be a search feature added shortly. Right now the tech team is still in recovery mode for FunBags, so please bear with them on this!
By FAQ
Please tell them their RAID setting is incredibly stupid for archiving images. An image with banding is not a useful image at all. Full and complete backups. A huge percentage of the images were corrupted. I can only imagine what it is like today. The webmaster at funbags needs to read emails!
By rockclimber
Corrupted or sabotaged????
By FAQ
rockclimber wrote:Corrupted or sabotaged????
corrupted. Happened before the exodus, long before.
but I suppose it could be looked as sabotage - by the person installing the RAID backup and choosing to make files partially loaded across several drives. Makes zero sense for JPEGs. This would not have been a decision made by some puny little contract employee. Backups are the life of any digital world, and those decisions are made high up in the food chain.

What is in teh past is in the past. Today. many contri have corrupted JPEGs in Funbags. It is a real disappointment.

Besides, since the new-VW left the security curtain down for so long, all the images are out on the internet and free for the asking. Makes the worth of Funbags further diminished in my eyes.
By Administrator
Hello Gents,

After the migration of Homeclips onto a new engine to automate it, we will be moving onto Funbags, which is our largest portal and get some major housekeeping done to it. Once we are done with Funbags, the images that are missing, etc will all be removed or correctly linked. We will be paying extra attention to this section and create a modern infrastructure to categorize, add search functions and other features to give the users a much more robust experience when they get into the members area. We will be starting on Funbags this weekend and should have most of it done soon. Ill keep everyone posted when we migrate changes and take it live. Stay tuned and thank you for your patience and understanding.
By Mitt
Will this be completed in 2012 or beyond? What kind of compensation will FB members get. Is it the same 90 days of nothing like RC and HC which I am also a member of? Is this going to be allowed to be posted??
By Administrator
Hey there MItt.

We will grandfather all the memberships for FunBags and HomeClips until we are up to par with updates and the sites are functioning properly. Everything will be solidified in the coming week so yes, we will complete these things within August 2012.
By rockclimber
Thanks for the effort. You can only do what you can do. I almost hesitate to ask but. The corrupted files I think I would just leave as a small Thumbnails....heres why.

Number one...those are someones artistic work...admittedly damaged....but theirs nonetheless. Why remove it. A far better idea is to reach out to.them for replacement images. You get to preserve the relationship with your contributors a :roll: nd their fan base.

Two.....its positive and easier to.leave the images up. Ask.people to.flag.corrupted files.so you can contact the contributor for reimaging. That is a win win. People who find images to.repair. ould receive a small.reward.... perhaps a sixty or thrirty day membership to one of the other paid areas? Which is another opportunity to grow your subscriber base.

Three.... its positive and proactive and cost less than trashing a few corrupted files. You can even brag about repaired
By rockclimber
Thanks for the effort. You can only do what you can do. I almost hesitate to ask but. The corrupted files I think I would just leave as a small Thumbnails....heres why.

Number one...those are someones artistic work...admittedly damaged....but theirs nonetheless. Why remove it. A far better idea is to reach out to.them for replacement images. You get to preserve the relationship with your contributors a :roll: nd their fan base.

Two.....its positive and easier to.leave the images up. Ask.people to.flag.corrupted files.so you can contact the contributor for reimaging. That is a win win. People who find images to.repair. ould receive a small.reward.... perhaps a sixty or thrirty day membership to one of the other paid areas? Which is another opportunity to grow your subscriber base.

Three.... its positive and proactive and cost less than trashing a few corrupted files. You can even brag about repaired
By Administrator
The only contributions that will be removed will be the ones that we don't have. Voyeurweb had a hiccup mid 2011 and they lost a little bit of data which was never recovered. Those contributions will not be housed as we don't want dead pages within the members areas. Stay tuned. We will accommodate so everyone is happy to the best of our ability. I've made sure that this never happens again. Cheers to a naughty weekend!
By rockclimber
I got the impression vw was nissing a large percentage of corrupted.images. two percent is a few fifteen percent is huge. Thanks for the effort. Just offering suggestions to improve the contri pages they are hugely....sparse.
8th Amendment

Once again, when presented with an unrefutable arg[…]

"The Coming Ice Age"

"As Ewing and Donn read the evidence, an Ice[…]

"There was no intent to defraud,..."john[…]

Eaten by Indigenous Natives

Thanks for Clowntoker for his agreement that each […]

Karma operates in odd ways, but Schiff -- who lied[…]

An Email from Joe Canadian

Amen, there really is a lot of space vacant in the[…]

Climate Corps

Just when you thought the federal govt couldn't co[…]