Exhibitionists meet here!
By Timbrs
I was out there for a while today. A few people walking. Park rangers took down the camping sign and there was a note posted on the guard shack stating the camping area is closed until further notice. sad
By DKRTR
Generally, the turtles lay their eggs around the full moon in june. Unexplainable closures, moves, rule changes have been the norm around J.B. for many years!! Trust, but verify!!
By popeyemorgan
Up visiting in Destin this week and next. I was gonna drive out to JB for the day and talk to the rangers. They ever give a reason why they took down the camping sign? I don't mind sleeping on the boat, but a tent on the ocean side is much better.
By Titfreak
popeyemorgan wrote:Up visiting in Destin this week and next. I was gonna drive out to JB for the day and talk to the rangers. They ever give a reason why they took down the camping sign? I don't mind sleeping on the boat, but a tent on the ocean side is much better.
I spoke to Koz the other day about it. His understanding is that the campers were leaving more and more trash behind to the point that they just had to go. I've seen some serious garbage left behind by those people and am sort of amazed that they were allowed to continue for as long as they were.
IMO no one would ever even notice your tent set up out there in the evening.

Tf
By Titfreak
I got this info from Koz earlier today:

"J.B. made the news today, the N.P.S. is closing the camping section due to 'nudity, drugs and trash'."

Can any other locals confirm? .. or add more insight on this?

Tf
By ndbeachcpl
TF, we saw the news story last night on WEAR TV, Pensacola. The officials stated that the campers have just become too big a problem, for the reasons mentioned to you. JB was the last beach in the area that allowed camping, as the others had already shut it down because of the problems.

The report also said that the park was in the process of creating a new outline for the park. That could be good, or bad.

The reality is that many of the campers were completely inconsiderate of others, and their trash was damned irritating. With spring break coming soon, it was only going to get worse, so this might help stem the trash tide.
By Titfreak
Thx for the info guys.

"The report also said that the park was in the process of creating a new outline for the park. That could be good, or bad."

...this sounds like it could be interesting. Hopefully there'll still be room for a few naked folks out there once all this settles down.
By ndbeachcpl
Hopefully, TF.

I guess it would be way too optimistic to hope there was any chance that they would consider setting aside an area as clothing optional. The superintendent bemoans the budgetary problems, but the example demonstrated by Haulover clearly shows that 'clothing optional' is a potential solution.

To me, this would clearly be a zero-sum relationship, or a win-win if you prefer.
By nakedfisherman
The camping area has been closed with the "official" reason being too many trashy campers and complaints of nudity.
Of course the trash photos the NPS used to show in the news articles could have been the worse incidents over the past ten years, etc.
And the NPS can claim they have had copmplaints over anything, including nudity.
But they can not provide any complaint reports to review of course.
They can not even provide proof of anyone being arrested for anything either.

This closure fits the agenda to close most of the park to all humans.

I strongly suspect the "creating a new outline for the park" will be to make certain areas off limits to humans due to nesting shorebirds and other endangered species.
By popeyemorgan
I saw the news article and found some more information on the reasons behind the closure. They mentioned they had 50 Lewd acts in 2016 on that stretch of beach. I searched the police reports for the area and could find only one actual report of any incident that was reported on the camping side of Johnson’s beach. What they are calling lewd are really where they caught and warned 50 people about being nude on the beach.

I suspect closing the camping was going to cause an uproar from the public so they had to make up a pretty strong argument for their actions. So they are portraying it as bad as they can to justify the strong arm tactics. I believe they have been wanting to do this for some time and they have been unable to shut the camping down. I have been on the other parts and the regular beaches get trashed far worse than the camping area did on a daily basis.

In a way this can be a good and bad thing. We will still come in by boat and park down by J and H Post and with less campers it may mean less patrols. It will eliminate the drunks and the people who are trashing up the beach.

When I was searching the police database, most of the incidents reported were Parking violations, public intoxication, underage drinking, disturbing the peace, resisting arrest, Theft and so much more. The more I read the more we seem like the good ones and get picked on the most.
By Titfreak
Timbrs wrote:went today,beautiful day. No rangers in site.Quite a few neked people out, good day. Heading by boat tomorrow and sat.
That's great to hear! Have some fun for Leggs and I while you're out there this weekend. ;)

Tf
By RickyStark
I suspect the camp closing has something to do with the fact that families would camp there, unaware that is used by nudists, and then complain to the rangers, would then have to ride out there on their ATV's to check out the situation. For us sun lovers, no camping is GOOD NEWS. Less need to dodge families with kids. As I understand the law, nudity is not prohibited on Federal park lands unless it's posted NO NUDITY (like Bon Secour). Never the less, local law enforcement will come and check things out if someone calls 911.
By Titfreak
Nice crar!!
It's always nice to see some titties out at JB.
Too bad all the exhibitionists here are so slow to post pics. :shock:

I'd love to see more of her!

Tf
By popeyemorgan
Always check to see if there are new messages in here and just realized how long this thread has been going.

1189 Replies and over 269052 views is pretty amazing for a topic and still an active topic after 4 years.
By popeyemorgan
What a great weekend at JB, we had to walk a bit to get nude on both days but it was so worth it. Didn't see anyone else out nude besides us. Saw a lot of boats on the bay side but didn't recognize any of them. Also, never saw a range either day. I did see tracks of an ATV going down the beach but I think it was the volunteers ATV and not the rangers.

So who was at JB this weekend?
By sfcouple49
Titfreak wrote: And Ricky; it's been my experience that the best way to see stuff like that
on JB is to bring her with you. lol
Tf
Well said TF!! lol.

A lovely lass you have there crar. Adorn this thread with her as often as you like!
By sfcouple49
popeyemorgan wrote:Always check to see if there are new messages in here and just realized how long this thread has been going.
1189 Replies and over 269052 views is pretty amazing for a topic and still an active topic after 4 years.
Our west coast beach thread died with the break-up of VW-VC. This thread and the COFF one (in Private Shots) are all that actively survive from "ante-bellum VW". We jealously applaud your tenacity from our coast. Should our travels take us back to the Panhandle we will join y'all on the JB sands. Keep the posts coming!
crar19 wrote:Where is the best side to lay out gulf or bay side
Well now that you've presented a photo of the other side.... looks like the view is as awesome from the "gulf" side as the "bay" side. lol. Irresistible crar19 - all hands are oiled and ready for application!
By Titfreak
Another lovely view crar.

Leggs and I have always preferred the gulf side. To me the view and the sound of the water
is much more appealing than the bay side. Personal preference there though, I suppose.

Looks like we may be down there again in a cpl of months. It's been a while, I'm happy to
hear that the ranger/sheriff's dept stuff has settled down from what it was before.

Tf
By crar19
photosRMWHD970.jpg
photosRMWHD970.jpg (225.98 KiB) Viewed 22602 times
The gulf side it is. That's where we were the last time. Looks like this will be this years on the beach. Would this be considered legal if confronted by the rangers?

No...his property sold what the based upon what th[…]

8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]