Political discussions about everything
By elklindo69
GOP Rep. Murphy resigning after reports of affair

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, an anti-abortion lawmaker who allegedly urged his mistress to have an abortion when he thought she was pregnant, is resigning from Congress.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., on Thursday announced Murphy's plans to leave Congress, effective Oct. 21. The decision comes less than 24 hours after Murphy said he would retire at the end of his term next year.

"It was Dr. Murphy's decision to move on to the next chapter of his life, and I support it," Ryan said in a statement. "We thank him for his many years of tireless work on mental health issues here in Congress and his service to the country as a naval reserve officer."

Murphy's downfall came quickly, within days of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette publishing text messages between the married congressman and Shannon Edwards.

A Jan. 25 text message from Edwards told the congressman he had "zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," according to the newspaper.

A text message from Murphy's number in response said his staff was responsible for his anti-abortion messages: "I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more."

Edwards, it turned out, wasn't pregnant. Murphy recently acknowledged his affair with Edwards, which became public as a result of her divorce proceedings.

The newspaper's revelation came as the House on Tuesday approved Republican legislation that would make it a crime to perform an abortion after 20 weeks of fetal development. Murphy, a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus, is among the bill's co-sponsors and voted for it.

On Wednesday, Murphy announced he would not seek re-election, saying he would "take personal time to seek help as my family and I continue to work through our personal difficulties."

Ryan said he supports the resignation.

"I've spoken to Tim quite a bit the last few days," Ryan told reporters at an event in Chestertown, Maryland. "I think it's appropriate he move on to the next chapter in his life."

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf is empowered to set a date for a special election to fill the seat.

The Post-Gazette also published a six-page memo apparently written by Murphy's congressional chief of staff and dated June 8, in which she accused Murphy of subjecting his staff members to "threats, hostility, anger and harassment."

Neither Murphy nor his office has commented on the newspaper report.
Even though Hillary flunked the DC Bar, she went to the best law school in America.

She was in the W House, a US Senator, and Sec of State.

She knew very well what classified email was, but placed it on a private server so she could delete her evidentiary trail.

This was apparently because access was being "sold" via the Clinton Foundation.

Comey wrote a letter letting Hillary off 3 months BEFORE the FBI even "investigated" her.

Nobody should forget this enormous scandal.
Even though Hillary flunked the DC Bar, she went to the best law school in America.

She was in the W House, a US Senator, and Sec of State.

She knew very well what classified email was, but placed it on a private server so she could delete her evidentiary trail.

This was apparently because access was being "sold" via the Clinton Foundation.

Comey wrote a letter letting Hillary off 3 months BEFORE the FBI even "investigated" her.

Nobody should forget this enormous scandal.
elklindo69 wrote:Trump has sexually assaulted dozens of women and admitted it on tape. Yet conservatives still supported him.

Yup...those conservative values.
Care to back that up with a link or two. Or is this like the confirmed Golden showers episode.. You know where some asshat lib pulled it out of Clowns asshole.

FYI. If Rep Murphy is resigning at least they are doing the right thing. More then any Democrat has ever done. Showing the Right is more honest then the criminal left wing loons
On FACE the NATION, this morning Dickerson kicked the Left in the teeth
when he confirmed that after all these months Mueller still has no evidence of Russian collusion.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Intrepid
A month or so ago the Comrade AssClown Loser Marxist Tool was crowing about Manafort being indicted, "any day now."

And we note it's well beyond Otis Dogshit's confident prediction that Trump would be gone in, "less than a month."

But yes, I agree with JJF, a special prosecutor cannot simply fold his tent and go away empty handed after wasting millions of dollars.
johnforbes wrote:Probably they will charge Manafort for not registering as a foreign agent.

And perhaps they can nail some Republican for spitting on the sidewalk.
Yeah Johnnie...the FBI conducted a no knock raid on Manafort's property to gather evidence in order to convict him as not registering as a foreign agent.

:roll:
Did the FBI raid Hillary's home or office after she kept classified email on a private server, thus endangering national security?

Was she raided for the largest public corruption in American history -- the Clinton Foundation?

Nope, she was above the law.
There you go, johnny. You essentially answered your own questions. The answer is "no".

Now, what do you think about Manafort? Should HE get away with his crimes?

I predict silence from hypocrite johnny on this.
Well, silence or an irrelevant copy and paste.
Nobody who commits a crime should get away with it.

If Manafort didn't register as a foreign agent, but should have (there are some nuances here), then obviously he should be charged and pay whatever price for that.

Should Hillary get away with violating the statute, which she clearly did, re classified email?

No.
Elkin, Elkin, come on.

Comey had no capacity to "clear" anybody; he was the cop (FBI), not the prosecutor (DoJ).

Also, what Comey said made it crystal clear -- and undeniable -- that Hillary contravened the statute.

It isn't healthy for a country to have two standards of law -- one for the rich and powerful, the other for the rest.
The beauty of the situation is that Jeff Sessions is not the trier of fact.

He doesn't need to know, or think, or believe Hillary is in fact guilty.

All he need do is look at the facts set forth in Comey's July 2016 press conference and take the matter to a grand jury and see what they say.

That's how the system works, and it ought to work that way for a Sec of State just like for a garbage man.
8th Amendment

Speaking of lard-encased posteriors as johnforbes […]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]