Political discussions about everything
By RealJustme
The protester who climbed a ladder to help bring down a Confederate soldier statue was arrested Tuesday, and Sheriff Mike Andrews said his office will pursue felony charges against others.

“Let me be clear, no one is getting away with what happened,” Andrews said.
Takiyah Thompson, a member of Workers World Party and student at N.C. Central University, was arrested after activists held a press conference at NCCU Tuesday afternoon.

In a release Thompson said she was the one who tied a rope around the soldier’s neck so that others could pull the statue to the ground.
The protest left The Confederate Soldiers Monument, dedicated on May 10, 1924, headless on the grass.
I like the nice touch of having two middle aged white males arrest her.
Thug arrested.JPG
Thug arrested.JPG (52.51 KiB) Viewed 3662 times
By Dogzilla
Them tearing the statue down really pisses me off.

Her/him? being arrested makes me smile.

It wasn't hers to tear down. That's not the way to do something. Our Governor....a democrat....had decided to NOT take the statues down.
By johnforbes
The Democrats in Balto just took down four more such statues, so this is akin to some fundamentalist Islamic purge of history you don't like.

Also, doesn't anybody at CNN or MSNBC even know the difference between the Confederate flag and the swastika?
By Dogzilla
All the statues and memorials have existed in peace for a long time. It was the nastiness of the white trash racists who were using our history as an excuse for continued racism, that turned the statues into racist symbols. That's who is responsible now for having them removed. Think about that for a while.
By johnforbes
That's really no excuse for erasing history.

X percent of the population has always been dumb/crazy, and that is the case today, and will be tomorrow too.

Should Washington, DC be renamed?

Why not demolish the WW II memorial because that war was fought, and won, by a non-PC military?

The Left cannot tolerate diversity of opinion.

It is "offended" even by some old statue.
By Clownkicker
Dog, as a white guy my personal sentiment is much like yours, I think. I liked the statues giving a unique flavor to the towns where they stood. I (naively?) never confused them with present-day government or ideals. I would just as soon leave them all in place so I don't have to go to museums to see them. I get pissed off at those who destroy them, just as I get pissed off at ISIS for destroying ancient statues.

But you need to talk to blacks about it. I learned years ago that to many of them, these statues in their own home town they grew up in, are a slap in the face every time they walk by. Many have a visceral and negative response to them which they can't escape because the statues are unavoidable. They aren't benign. To many, those statues do represent their government and institutionalized racism because they are sanctioned by their government. To many, they are memorializing people who considered them to be sub-human. No one should have to face this type of insult on a daily basis.

Most of them were in fact erected in the 20th century as racist memorials, not historic memorials. The current crop of racists didn't turn them into racist symbols. That's what they were originally intended to be. I just never saw them that way.

I will personally hate to see them go because I have the luxury of not being the victim of racism my whole life. As much as I hate to say it, removing them from the streets is the right thing to do.
By Intrepid
Yet those same outraged blacks can't see the liberal plantation the Donkey-Rat party has kept them on for generations.

Heard an interesting comment from a conservative black man yesterday: "How many of those privileged black millionaires (atheletes, musicians, etc) would be millionaires if their ancestors had stayed in Africa?"
By Dogzilla
I know they have to go, but I'm really sorry that there is a good reason FOR them to go. It's too bad that we can't get rid of the nasty racists, and leave historical memorials alone. :(
By Clownkicker
I'm not so sure, Dog. I'm honestly coming to the conclusion that logically he can't see a difference.

He can't grasp how faulty his reasoning is.... on almost everything he posts about.
8th Amendment

Speaking of lard-encased posteriors as johnforbes […]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]