Political discussions about everything
US flag shaped in KKK hoods exhibit creates controversy
MIAMI (WSVN) - An art piece featuring the American flag in the shape of Ku Klux Klan hoods in Wynwood is stirring up alarm among some South Florida residents.

The faculty artwork on display in a University of Miami art gallery has already garnered a lot of attention, even though it has not officially been on display yet.

The piece, called “American Mask,” includes three American flags shaped as KKK hoods. The eyes are burned out with nothing but darkness behind them and are on poles with bases shaped like swastikas.

The artist said the piece is designed to make people think about how some have tried to disguise bigotry as patriotism.

Patrick Young, who works in the building, is offended by the work, but the artist said she finds it disturbing as well. “This is disgusting. This is disrespectful, and people just don’t understand it,” said Young. “I can’t see it being a positive message no matter what way you put it.”

“What can this actually help?” he said. “Burning an American flag, I have no idea what this symbolizes, what this helps out. Who does this reach?”

Artist and UM professor of sculpture Billie Lynn said that her own artwork is offensive. “I actually find it offensive, to tell you the truth,” she said. “And when I sew them, when I make them, I find it very disturbing. The piece is my way of trying to challenge people to think.”

http://wsvn.com/news/local/us-flag-shap ... n-wynwood/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do you have some problem with this, namandgulf?

You have the U.S. flag disrespectfully shaped into a crash helmet on your head.
Does that mean you hope to see the U.S. in some sort of a wreck or disaster?

I can't see your crash helmet being a positive message no matter what way you put it.
What can this possibly help? I have no idea what this symbolizes, what this helps out. Who does this reach?
Clownkicker wrote:Do you have some problem with this, namandgulf?

You have the U.S. flag disrespectfully shaped into a crash helmet on your head.
Does that mean you hope to see the U.S. in some sort of a wreck or disaster?

I can't see your crash helmet being a positive message no matter what way you put it.
What can this possibly help? I have no idea what this symbolizes, what this helps out. Who does this reach?
He can do what he wants. Its you libtards who whine about everything. Im just pointing out the hyp9ocricy
So you like the flag being stuffed into someone's asscrack, but are bothered by people kneeling before it?

Just what goes on at your perverted church anyway. Instead of kneeling to pray to Jesus, are you clowns sticking statues of him down your pants or something?

Maybe you can use the helmeted namandgulf as an asshat.
A piece of fabric with stars and stripes fashioned into a bikini isn't a flag. Google flag etiquette Google master, and see for yourself. There is no disrespect in using stars and stripes in that manner.

But we find it telling that you go from fabric right to shoving things up someone's ass when that was never part of the discussion.
I guess you homos always revert to type.
Look at this way Clown.....
A black guy calls another black guy, "Hey nigger!".. black guy doesn't mind,
Now a white guy calls the same black guy, "Hey nigger".....black guy feels insulted.

Now a white girl wear a bikini in the American flag colors....I don't mind.
Now a nigger kneels during the national anthem and in front of the American flag.....I mind ! I feel insulted.

Are the black guy and I both hypocrites? Either we are ...or we are not! :o
8th Amendment

Speaking of lard-encased posteriors as johnforbes […]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment