Political discussions about everything
By snakeoil
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-air-f ... cant-fight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-bu ... mbat-17636" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-d ... ree-2016-9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Three weeks ago, a memo dated Aug. 9 (one week after the Air Force declared the IOC – Initial Operational Capability – of the F-35A) by Michael Gilmore, the Defense Department’s director of operational testing, obtained by Bloomberg News,highlighted several deficiencies.

“The program is actually not on a path toward success but instead on a path toward failing to deliver the full Block 3F capabilities for which the Department is paying almost $400 billion by the scheduled end of System Development and Demonstration (SDD) in 2018.”

According to chief of the Pentagon’s top testing office, at least 15 capabilities in the F-35’s current software version, known as Block 3i, are either still in need of a fix or aren’t ready for testing.

“Unresolved Block 3i deficiencies in fusion, electronic warfare, and weapons employment continue to result in ambiguous threat displays, limited ability to effectively respond to threats, and, in some cases, a requirement for off-board sources to provide accurate coordinates for precision attack. Although the program recently addressed some of the Block 3i deficiencies, many significant deficiencies remain and more are being identified by operational test and fielded units, many of which must be corrected if the program is going to provide the expected “full warfighting capability” described in the Operational
Requirements Document (ORD).”
Why worry? It's just taxpayers money!
By RealJustme
Why worry? It's just taxpayers money!
Yep, that was basically the Obama Administration's response when told by the military they didn't need the costly program that Democrats forced down their throats as part of the budget. The program was a handout to democratic donors. Obama refused to listen to the military that the money could be spent elsewhere.
By snakeoil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_ ... ghtning_II" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The first F-35A (designated AA-1) was rolled out in Fort Worth, Texas, on 19 February 2006. In September 2006, the first engine run of the F135 in an airframe took place.[197] On 15 December 2006, the F-35A completed its maiden flight.[198] A modified Boeing 737–300, the Lockheed Martin CATBird has been used as an avionics test-bed for the F-35 program, including a duplication of the cockpit.[92]
My god Justme. Get off this Obama shit for awhile! You are obsessed with the bullshit that Breitbart feeds you. Check the facts once in a while.
By snakeoil
BTW... The military pushed for this airplane and Lockheed said that they would sell the plane to our "friends" and it would drive the costs down. Ha Ha. I saw this airplane at Luke AFB in Feb. and one flew back to base sounding like it was a tin can full of ball bearings. The flight emergency crews chased it down the runway as they do in all airplane emergencies that can land.
By namngulfvet
snakeoil wrote:The helmet used by F35 pilots costs $400,000++
while I have to agree $400,000 is a bit much but look at the technical crap that goes into it. One fighter can take out targets over 20 miles away.
By RealJustme
My god Justme. Get off this Obama shit for awhile!
It was Obama and his minions who said they needed it, it was Obama and his minions that approved of the builder, it was Obama and his minions that approved the spending for it. It was Obama and his minions that spent the tax payer's money for it. How can we leave Obama and his minions out of this discussion? You do realize they were built and paid for before Trump even entered office...don't you?
By snakeoil
Justme wrote:
It was Obama and his minions who said they needed it, it was Obama and his minions that approved of the builder, it was Obama and his minions that approved the spending for it. It was Obama and his minions that spent the tax payer's money for it. How can we leave Obama and his minions out of this discussion? You do realize they were built and paid for before Trump even entered office...don't you?
Switch your brain switch to THINK. The first F 35 was delivered in 2006. That was during the Bush era. That means that the F 35 was in the design stage several years before 2006. Obama was probably not even in the Senate when the F 35 was being considered.
By Clownkicker
I'm afraid you would need to get a model Justme-35A to get the "think switch" upgrade.

The lack of such a switch in this original model is one of the many flaws that keep him in the political board's maintenance shop so frequently.
By RealJustme
Glad to see the libtards are in agreement with Trump on the F-35. For 8 years not a peep from Obama, he just handed out the tax dollars.

President Trump lambasted the costs of the F-35. He took to Twitter to criticize the cost of the Defense Department’s most expensive weapons program, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. Trump called the cost of the F-35 program “out of control,” driving jet builder Lockheed Martin’s stock price down 4 percent by midday and causing its market value to drop by $4 billion. Candidate Trump released a statement "The Obama Administration is trying to argue that just because taxpayers have flushed more than $100 billion down the proverbial toilet so far, we must continue to throw billions more down that same toilet. That violates the most elementary financial principles of capital budgeting, which is the method companies and governments use to decide on investments. So-called sunk costs, the money already paid on a project, should never be a factor in investment decisions. Rather, spending should be based on how it will add value in the future." Once elected President Obama assigned an oversight committee resulting Lockheed Martin to immediately announcing they had found ways cut 100's of millions in costs from the program,
Trump, the libtards hero!
By snakeoil
I'll set Justme off a bit more...Lockheed won the contract for the Joint Strike Fighter (F-35) in 1997. Bill Clinton was President at that time. The studies on the Joint Strike Fighter were probably done 5-10 years before the contract was awarded.
By Clownkicker
"For 8 years not a peep from Obama, he just handed out the tax dollars."-RealStool

For 8 years there wasn't a peep from Senators Cruz, Hutchison, or Cornyn either. Quite the opposite. They were clamoring for the program.
Why wouldn't these anti-tax-and-spending Republican hypocrites fight Obama on this waste of taxpayer money, Tool?
By RealJustme
"For 8 years not a peep from Obama, he just handed out the tax dollars."-RealStool

For 8 years there wasn't a peep from Senators Cruz, Hutchison, or Cornyn either
There was a Yuge peep from Trump.
By snakeoil
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/d ... ost-234719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lockheed Martin is praising President Donald Trump’s personal intervention — and obsessive criticism on Twitter — for slashing the price of the long-troubled F-35 fighter jet, the Pentagon’s most expensive weapons program ever.

But the evidence suggests that the price reduction would have happened even without Trump.

The main factors driving down the price of each jet include the fact that the military was planning to order them in larger quantities for U.S. forces and allies, according to company and military officials, lawmakers and a POLITICO review of several years of program data. Earlier pressure from the Obama administration and Congress to shave expenses also played a role.

“This would’ve happened if Hillary Clinton had been elected president,” said Loren Thompson, a defense industry consultant who works for several top Pentagon contractors.
More lies from the Liar In Chief.
By Clownkicker
So there WAS a peep out of Obama, eh? But none from the 'fiscally responsible' Republicans I mentioned. :o

Are you telling me RealTool is just making up stupid shit again? Crud...what a weasel.

No...his property sold what the based upon what th[…]

8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]