Political discussions about everything
By RealJustme
Trump calls for US foreign policy shake-up, no more 'nation-building'. Donald Trump, in a highly anticipated speech on the heels of his primary-contest sweep across the Northeast, called Wednesday for a drastic shake-up in America’s foreign policy – including “getting out of the nation-building business” and demanding NATO allies pay their “fair share” or be left to “defend themselves.”

“It’s time to shake the rust off America’s foreign policy,” the Republican presidential front-runner said.

In what was billed as a major policy speech, Trump called for an “America first” approach. To that theme, Trump voiced skepticism toward international deals like NAFTA and said a Trump administration would not allow the U.S. to enter agreements that reduce America’s ability to control its own affairs. He panned what he described as the “false song of globalism.”

The speech, read from a teleprompter and focused on policy, was also heavy on campaign-season slams against President Obama and Hillary Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state. He called their policies “aimless” and destructive, and criticized them for not using the term “radical Islam.”

“We went from mistakes in Iraq to Egypt to Libya to President Obama’s line in the sand in Syria,” Trump said. He said this has allowed the Islamic State to thrive -- but said, going forward, the U.S. is out of “nation-building.”

Rather, he said the focus will be on restoring stability, and containing the spread of radical Islam. “ISIS will be gone if I’m elected president,” he claimed.

Meanwhile, he stood by his controversial stance on NATO allies, complaining only four other member countries besides the U.S. spend the minimum 2 percent of GDP on defense.

“The countries we are defending must pay their fair share for their own defense … and if not, the U.S. must be prepared to let these countries defend themselves. We have no choice.”

Trump said, if elected president, he would call for a summit with NATO allies and a separate summit with Asian allies to discuss common challenges – including tackling migration and Islamic terrorism. He broadly called for the U.S. to project strength – and better understand who its friends and enemies are. Regarding Russia and China, he said “we are not bound to be adversaries.”

Trump sought to demonstrate his foreign policy chops as he tries to present a more presidential image – while increasingly turning his attention on the campaign trail to a general election battle he presumes will involve him and Clinton
Dudes, it's about damn time we have leaders who proudly and without shame declare their actions will about America first and stop pretending they represent the world.
sillydaddy is too stupid to understand that this has nothing whatsoever to do with liking or not liking Trump.

"best speech ever given" :lol:

He read it off a teleprompter just like you morons ridicule Obama for doing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It’s time to shake the rust off America’s foreign policy,”
Damn, when he said that it sent a thrill up my leg. Out founding fathers would have stood up and cheered had they heard Trump's speech, just as the crowd cheered when Hillary started choking on her own coughs.

Trump raised the bar today and proved he's ready to handle international matters as President.
Proof Trump's speech was heard loud and clear by world leaders that the United States is tired of being their butt boy.
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier on Thursday criticized U.S. Republican front-runner Donald Trump for a speech in which he said it would be "America first" if he were elected president.

Trump said on Wednesday that if elected, his foreign policy would leave European and Asian allies of the U.S. fending for themselves if they did not pay more for defense measures.

"No American president can get round the change in the international security architecture," Steinmeier said, adding that this was why "'America first' is actually no answer to that".
Germany is a rich country, the fact the United States spends more defending Germany than Germany does is a sham. I told you guys Trump's speech was great, it already has world leaders fearing having to start paying their fair share for their own defense, it's way over due.
If NATO is even still relevant (would its members help us?), why is the U.S. paying over 70% of costs?
Except for the Brits and to a small degree the French the other NATO members are paper tigers and to them it's Europe first, so if the United States is attacked all we can expect from NATO are words of encouragement. United States is the rich "John" while other NATO members are the hookers milking us for their affection. Trump is the first potential President to have the balls to call a spade a spade and he has NATO members shaking in their boots that they may have to start paying towards their own defense since the John is tired of paying their rent.
By Grog
Dang. I thought this was going to be about Trump following Ted Lucifer Cruz's example and announcing Mrs. Palin is going to be his running mate.

My greatest fear is a Trump/Palin ticket. (Please don't throw me in the briar patch. :lol: )
It should come as a surprise to no one that Grog's fixation on hot yet fully unobtainable (given his non existent seduction skills, as fully documented here many times) Shiksas in general and Sara Palin in particular burns as intensely as ever.

The fail is strong with this one.
As is the lotion and paper towel consumption.

Mazel Tov!
Trump's speech shined light on the cockroaches, from world leaders to illegals, they're running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Mexican riots have broken out in Los Angeles. Good, stuff, good stuff, sure to wake Americans up and motivate them to get out and vote to make America great again.
Police clashed with hundreds of protesters in Southern California on Thursday night.

Police cars were smashed up as several hundred demonstrators – many of them waving Mexican flags – took to the streets outside the Pacific Amphitheater in Costa Mesa, Orange County where Trump was speaking.

The protesters flooded the street outside the amphitheater with some stomping on cars, hurling rocks at motorists and forcefully declaring their opposition to Trump - bringing traffic to a halt and creating a tense standoff with authorities.

The violence in Southern California where Latinos make up a large segment of the population suggests Trump may face more of this in the days to come, as he campaigns ahead of the state’s June 7 primary.
Mexico.jpg
Mexico.jpg (136.13 KiB) Viewed 8023 times
Trump got another standing applause when he said "This let them destroy, mentality must end" this after police were told to stand down as a band of illegals destroyed a police cruiser while waiving Mexican flags. The police just watched them destroy because their political leadership feels illegals have a right to vent their frustrations by doing some destroying...it's just tax payers money.
Yes, that is the same attitude which caused the Baltimore mayor to tell the cops to just let rioters wreck that city.

It is sort of the ultimate in lowered expectations, where liberals say "They are blacks, so they must riot and destroy from time to time so we'll let them do it and then let taxpayers fix it back up."
There was a big kerfuffle earlier this week over a John Wayne interview in Playboy over forty years ago. The Duke opined, and I paraphrase, that blacks won't amount to much until they become educated and civilized.

As in so many other areas, he was right on the money.

But you don't dare speak truth in a PC society.
blacks won't amount to much until they become educated and civilized.
That's 100% true, if black leaders and parents were telling young blacks that and backing it up, blacks wouldn't be involved in 5 times the crimes, or 3 times as unlikely to be employed at the same aged white male. Anyone offended by that statement either has their head up their ass or they're a racist with a chip on their shoulder.

My parents always were on me to get my education and stay away from punks and their activities, to judge a person by what they do rather than their skin color. They also taught me that no one owes me anything and that having to accept handouts is a sign of failure, certainly not something to be proud of. Until the American black culture is changed, there will be a high degree of uneducated and uncivilized blacks. Where there has been change in the culture, blacks do just as well as any other group.
cept'n the cops usually gots the opportunity to shoot first or back ! :lol:
The only way a police officer insures they go home to their families night after night is if they don't wait until the bad guys shoots before they protect themselves. We demand police officers run to the threat while we run away, when they get to that threat, it's a given they don't go home if they don't win. Trump understands that and so do most Americans, thus the reason he'll be our next President and when that happens, watch the cockroaches go crazy when the light is shined on them. Let's make America great again
By Grog
There it is. JustFreedManIntrepidBennyMe endorses a policy of shoot first, investigate later. Hopefully he still has Young Marco's ear over a little pillow talk and the manscaped Florida soon-to-be-former Senator can get that notion embedded in every aspect of the GOP platform this summer.

That could be Trump's slogan after you people nominate him: Fire, ready, aim! :lol:
JustFreedManIntrepidBennyMe endorses a policy of shoot first
Libtards live in a fantasy world that the bad guys will always miss when they shoot at the Officer and only then is the Officer allowed to shoot the bad guy's gun out of his hand. God forbid if the Officer hits the bad guy's hand.

So yeah, I believe the Officer should "always" shoot first if he has the opportunity.

Go Trump

My wife is similarly coy about her life before she[…]

Eaten by Indigenous Natives

Mr Forbes has never been to New Guinea, nor has he[…]

Date Sexy.

My wife’s choice of outfit to go to a small event […]

8th Amendment

Elkin, come on. You are smart enough to explore t[…]

Committee Suppressed

What adipose Milley heard is hardly germane. Who […]

Utterly absurd. Bill C paid 850,000 to Paula Jon[…]

We all remember that time Bruce Lee, who stood a s[…]