Political discussions about everything
More than 1,300 pounds (590 kg) of bronze Roman coins dating to the 3rd century A.D. have been unearthed by construction workers digging a trench in Spain.
If I had insider information about the discovery I could have dumped my 42 bronze Roman coins before the value dropped out of them. Now they're about as rare as a Hillary cough.

The person who discovered them was pretty stupid to announce 1,300 pounds of them were discovered, they could have sold them in small lots prior to everyone realizing the market was saturated with them.

Oh well!

Oh wait, hey Clown would you be interested in some extremely rare bronze Roman coins, I'll give you a special one time deal?
Tool, the value of your imaginary 42 bronze Roman coins didn't change one iota, dummy.

Probably not even if you happen to own 42 of the exact same coin that was just found in bulk.
Those coins will never hit the broader market. They will likely go into a museum as a single exhibit.

But you don't own that particular coin, so the total number of your 'existing' (imaginary) coins hasn't changed at all.

That you don't understand how ancient coins are valued only tells us that you have no business 'investing' in something you know nothing about. (Just like the rest of your investments.)
Instead you see all this only from the perspective of a crook who can maximize his ill-gotten gains through dishonesty, which isn't surprising. That's how conservatives view all resources.
Probably not even if you happen to own 42 of the exact same coin that was just found in bulk.
Those coins will never hit the broader market. They will likely go into a museum as a single exhibit.
Shows how little you know, I only have 6K invested in the coins and those were choice coins (they're bronze not gold) I was hoping they would go up in value, that will no longer happen. There is no way the coins discovered are going to end up in a museum, but let's just pretend they did. The fact that they exist will diminish the rarity of similar coins. No charge for the lesson clown.
That opinion might mean something if you owned 42 of the exact same coin that was found in bulk.
But you don't. You don't have any of them at all.

"There is no way the coins discovered are going to end up in a museum,..."-RealTool
They're in a museum already, dimwit.
They are currently in the Archeological Museum of Seville.

"The fact that they exist will diminish the rarity of similar coins."-RealFool
No, it won't. Such finds only reduce the rarity of the SAME coins, of which there are no others like these.
"We haven't known of anything similar until now."-Ana Navarro, Archeological Museum of Seville

Found along a public road going to public property.
Looks like the government owns them.
They won't be for sale on the broader market. They will be kept together for their historical value.
They will have no impact on the rare coin market at all.

The value of your specific coins is based on their quality, rarity, and the current popularity of the particular Caesar depicted on them. None of that has changed with this find.
If you did your homework and acted like an actual investor instead of an uninformed gambler, then you have nothing to worry about. But if you just speculated on "some old Roman bronze coins" with no idea what they actually are, then you can't call yourself an investor and yes, you probably got garbage. Undoubtedly they saw an ignorant and greedy clown like you coming a mile away. We could safely bet your most prized specimen is in mint condition with "34 B.C." stamped on it.

No charge for the lesson, Tool.
What can I tell you, tvd? I know stuff. You don't.

I have collected coins since I was six or seven years old. Started with Mercury dimes and Lincoln pennies, back when you could still find steel pennies, buffalo nickels, and silver coins in circulation.
I have a friend with a really beautiful Roman coin collection, though his is entirely in silver.
(I'm hoping he leaves it to me in his will. :D )
He has told me about the large forgery market in ancient coins, which Tool undoubtedly bought into.
But I have enough sense to know I don't know enough to be an "investor" in rare coins (beyond U.S. coins.)
Still, I have little doubt I know more than RealTool about them, so I'm pretty sure Tool doesn't know enough either.
I collect them because I think they're beautiful, and that's all.

At some point I am going to offer the Bode Museum in Berlin my 1962 World's Fair silver medallions for their incredible coin and medallion collection. They're the one thing I have that they don't.

The Bode has many Roman coins, but their 20th Century U.S. coins and medallion collection is still weak. They have a glaring hole in the World's Fair portion of the collection, with only a truly lousy specimen of the 1962 gold-plated bronze trade dollar, https://www.etsy.com/listing/263543838/ ... =related-1and none of the medallions at all (which are far nicer than the dollar.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1620480432 ... noapp=true

http://www.aviewoncities.com/berlin/bodemuseum.htm
(Don't leave Berlin without seeing it. I go every time I visit Berlin.)
"Numismatic Collection
The Münzkabinett in the Bode Museum has one of the most important numismatic collections in the world with over 500,000 coins and medals. The oldest coin dates back to the seventh century BC and was found in Asia Minor. More than 150,000 coins are from the antiquity,..."
Amazing what a wheel chair bound cripple shut in, confined to one room but with computer access and Google can come up with in a few minutes.

The next topic for this expert on everything will be fourth dimensional theoretical abstract nuclear physics with an emphasis on ancient Phoenician mating rituals.

Please enlighten us crip.
Such finds only reduce the rarity of the SAME coins,
Ah, I see clown come back for another spanking. They are the same dude as far as value is concerned, they're bronze Roman coins, quality is the big deciding factors when it comes to bronze Roman coins. What you don't understand clown is that the Romans stamped "thousands" of different types of bronze coins, commanders in the field would often stamp their own, there was no official "mint" the gold coins are a different matter, only very few select elites were allowed to stamp their own gold coins, now those coins' rarity are based upon who stamped them...not bronze coins.
Clearly you're running your cocksucker enough for everyone, Insipid, though it was nice of johnforbes to stop by to give you a reach around, I guess.

When any of you assholes can actually refute something I said, then I'll be happy to slap you around some more.
RealTool pretends he refuted something by posting some irrelevant factoids, none of which contradict a word I posted. Meanwhile it's nothing but chirping crickets on the museum and government ownership and being kept together off the market.
But Fuckface Turd Boy Loser Insipid can't even manage to post something on topic. :lol:
He just dropped in to do his usual mewling and say he's got nothin', as always.

Well, dimwit, thanks for nothin'.
Now feel free to go fuck yourself some more. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roll down the street you crippled phoney. Nobody here buys your Google bullshit.
And nobody has to refute bullshit.
No matter what topic comes up, you know all there is to know, thanks to Google.
You are nothing but an angry, frustrated, oxygen thieving shit factory trapped in your wheel chair.
You aren't even worth anything dead because cripples like you can't be insured.
When you finally do the world a favor and drop dead, someone else is going to have to pay to turn you into a pile of ashes. Even then you will cause a problem by plugging whatever toilet they flush you down.
Now go ahead you punk bitch and spew your emoticons like the little girl you really are.
Hell, you aren't even a little girl you crippled piece of buzzard shit.

But maybe your handlers will pull you out of your chair, stuff your diaper in your mouth and fuck you up the ass after lights out.
Dry.

At least someone will be paying you attention. And that's what this is really about isn't it?
Fucking crippled loser.
Someone, fucking ANYONE paying attention to you.
And to you, that's worth another bleeding asshole.
Meanwhile it's nothing but chirping crickets on the museum and government ownership and being kept together off the market.
Clown, I've already educate you to the fact that it doesn't make any difference who has the coins, even a museum, the fact that they exist diminishes the rarity of other bronze Roman coins, spank, spank! :lol:
^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you are but what am I, Insipid?

(Let's keep this moron Insipid dancing. All it takes is a few emoticons and he has another spaz attack. I thoroughly own that punk ass bitch.)
I know you are but what am I?
Seriously?

That's right up there with his taunt to Forbes, "John Forbes is a big doody head."

I keep having to revise down my opinion of this inept, childish cripple.

But there isn't much room left at the bottom.

What this also reveals is that this latest beat down just about has him rolled to the corner in his wheel chair, blanket over his head, sucking his thumb and shaking.

The punk bitch cripple just can't keep up.
No, not "seriously" you moron.
When speaking to children one speaks a language they understand.

What it reveals is when my posts are reduced to the idiotic level or your own, you criticize me for "mimicking" you.

Well, you're right. I copy your idiotic style and get sufficiently stupid and you acknowledge that I'm acting like you.
It's hilarious, every time you do it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way to go, girly boy punk bitch imbecile.
Now dance for us on command some more. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If only TVD were employable. Anywhere.

Alas, McDonald's has changed their cashier stations and TVD's 1980's I-T experience is once again outdated.

But Forbes is always looking for a few, any good men. :lol:
Committee Suppressed

AND YET AGAIN what johnforbes is trying to say is […]

johnny, your old partisan song and dance is not &q[…]

8th Amendment

Geezus, sillydummy, inform yourself already. Trum[…]

The Engoron theory was utter nonsense and the enti[…]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment