Political discussions about everything
By elklindo69
Miami Republican congressman posits Donald Trump candidacy may be Democratic plot
@PatriciaMazzei

Miami is a hotbed for phantom candidates, complete with four federal criminal convictions in two separate cases to prove it.

So perhaps it's no surprise that a local Republican congressman thinks Donald Trump's bid for the GOP presidential nomination could be a similar ploy.

Miami Rep. Carlos Curbelo, whose district saw two phony candidates run in a pair of elections before he took office, has taken to Spanish-language media to suggest that Trump's campaign could be a Democratic scheme to hurt the Republican Party.

"I spoke to @ahoraoscarhaza on @z92miami about absurd comments by @realDonaldTrump and I offered my theory that he's a phantom candidate," Curbelo tweeted last week after an interview with the popular radio host Oscar Haza.

In another interview with Colombia's W Radio, Curbelo, who supports Jeb Bush for president, piled on.

"There are too many important national, local international topics to waste time talking about a person who, I repeat, in my judgment is irrelevant -- and who quite possibly is a phantom candidate recruited by the left to create this entire political circus," he said.

And he further explained to Miami radio host Roberto Rodríguez Tejera.
"I think there's a small possibility that this gentleman is a phantom candidate," Curbelo said. "Mr. Trump has a close friendship with Bill and Hillary Clinton. They were at his last wedding. He has contributed to the Clintons' foundation. He has contributed to Mrs. Clinton's Senate campaigns. All of this is very suspicious."

A Trump spokeswoman did not respond to a request for comment regarding Curbelo's remarks. But the Florida Democratic Party, which had chastised Curbelo in a statement before the interviews took place, did.

"The only thing more absurd than Donald Trump's conspiracy theories is Congressman Carlos Curbelo's theory that he is some secret Democratic plant," Communications Director Max Steele said. "Curbelo's bizarre claim is an insult to the intelligence of his constituents and goes to show just how much damage Trump is doing to the Republican Party's brand. Unfortunately for Curbelo, Trump is only gaining in the polls.

"It's time for Congressman Curbelo to take off his tinfoil hat and give an honest answer about Donald Trump and his bigoted remarks."

Curbelo did repeatedly denounce Trump's remarks in the same interviews. He described them as "nefarious," referred to Trump's "disgusting and unnecessary rhetoric" and twice called Trump a "demagogue."

The freshman congressman faces a 2016 re-election challenge from Democrat Annette Taddeo, whose campaign sent two fundraising appeals last week invoking Trump's comments and asking supporters to "join Annette to denounce Trump's prejudiced comments."

The Democratic Hispanic Caucus of Florida tried to rally a group to protest Curbelo's "silence" Friday outside his West Miami-Dade district office. Only four people showed up, Curbelo told interviewers by phone from Capitol Hill.

"I'm very sorry that people try to take advantage of this situation," he said.
By johnforbes
We all remember the first day Clownhicker darkened the door of this forum.

He limped in, clutching a dogeared copy of Das Kapital, and claiming "Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny."

It was a sad day for rational discourse.
By Clownkicker
Look at this useless turd johnforbes.
He's pretending my post is somehow dumber that RealTool's post immediately above it, as though RealTool's post represents "rational discourse" to him. :lol:

Yup, he's got nothing but his hypocrisy, as always.

johnny, when you can actually refute something I actually said, that day you will be a man, my little pile of dung.
I would say I'm not holding my breath, but whenever you post your useless steaming piles of crap, I don't have a choice.
Last edited by Clownkicker on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By johnforbes

It was a windy day, presaging the windy nature of Clownslacker's posts.

He limped in, clutching a dogeared copy of Das Kapital, and claiming "Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny."

By johnforbes

It was a windy day, presaging the windy nature of Clownslacker's posts.

By tvd
johnforbes wrote:and claiming "Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny."
Jesus H Chrisis...that one was too much for even me to ignore!!!

Who the hell are you trying to impress? Alex Trebek? (And for Elk.... :roll: :roll: :roll: )
By johnforbes
Hillary destroyed 32,000 of her emails, then wiped the server, and now apparently the server is "lost."

Many months ago, the FBI should have seized the server because what Hillary obviously did was far worse than what Petraeus did.
By RealJustme
Let a private in the military be suspected of sending or receiving classified documents on their private email and watch how fast the DOJ and the DOD swoop down and seize everything in the soldiers home to avoid potential spoliation of evidence.

There is no acceptable reason that Hillary's server wasn't seized the day they learned she was conducting State Department business on it. NONE
By sillydaddy
I recall General David Petraeus paying the price for mishandling classified information......

But it's different with Hillary......Hillary is a Clinton..

And these days, that's as good as being Black......

The law doesn't apply to them.
By johnforbes
There are 110 sanctuary towns/cities.

They say "We don't like the federal law on illegal immigration, so we won't enforce it."

That's anarchy, and the DoJ does nothing.
By tvd
Clownkicker wrote:To this day johnforbes doesn't know the difference between "anarchy" and "civil disobedience".

And he keeps insisting he's a lawyer. :lol:
Oooppps....there it is again.....the old "you used the wrong word" argument. Obviously you are right with whatever shit you are stirring, because the opponent used the wrong word.....yesssssss.
By Clownkicker
Jesus H. Chrisis, tvd, johnforbes pretends he's a lawyer who graduated from Yale Law.

If you can't hold him to what he says about a legal matter, who can you hold responsible for anything they say?
It's actually an insult to HIM, not me, when you say he doesn't mean what he says in this case.
(By the way, there is a huge legal difference between "anarchy" and "civil disobedience". Even YOU should know the difference. It's important.)
Remember the last time I called Insipid on what he said, you came back and criticized me for doing it, then he came back and reiterated that he said exactly what he meant, which means you missed his point and I didn't.

If johnforbes wasn't such a weasel, he would come back and admit he said exactly what he meant and you would have egg on your face again.
By johnforbes
Come now, young master Clownhicker.

I've never stated my educational background in anything more than the most general way.

However, I do admit to having more degrees than Clownlicker, who has none.
By Clownkicker
johnny, of course you told us all you had a law degree and you denigrate Harvard Law.

You said you got the law degree because you didn't know what else to do with yourself at the time.

But I guess it's possible you're just another conservative liar. That wouldn't surprise me much.
By johnforbes
Clownhacker, can't you read?

I've been to law school. And, like everybody else in Washington, been a lawyer before moving on to bigger and better things.

Background of both Doles, both Clintons, both Obamas? Non-practicing lawyers.
By sillydaddy
Hillary's explanation of the classified emails found.....

she says the emails were not deemed classified when she received them! LOL

Hence the need to use the government servers......don't you think.
By Clownkicker
johnforbes, can't you read your own silly garbage?

"I've been to law school. And, like everybody else in Washington, been a lawyer before moving on to bigger and better things.
Background of both Doles, both Clintons, both Obamas? Non-practicing lawyers."-johnforbes

Once again johnforbes tells me I am absolutely correct in calling him a lawyer and that he should generally know what he's talking about regarding legal issues, but tries to make it sound as if I am wrong while he's admitting I was right.

And tvd, note the deafening silence from johnforbes about whether he meant to say "anarchy" or not.
Instead of simply admitting he meant to say it and make you look foolish for jumping on me about word choice again, he tries to distract from the truth by pointing elsewhere.

So did he distract you, or can you finally admit I was correct once again in my criticism of his post?
The alternative is to believe he's just a big weasel without the balls to admit he made a mistake in his word choice.
Take your pick.
You're going to have to learn that you, and not I, am insulting the posters' intelligence by saying they didn't mean what they said.
You're O for 2.
Are you going to make the same mistake a third time and blame me again instead of them?
By johnforbes
Heavens to Betsy, will nothing please Clownhicker?

He seems peeved whether I'm a lawyer or not.

It is, of course, anarchy when 110 towns intentionally and deliberately defy federal law.

That's hardly the same as Thoreau not wanting to pay a poll tax.
By Clownkicker
See, tvd? johnforbes reiterated what he said. He said what he meant.

I was exactly correct in my criticism and you unfairly criticized me for something I don't do.
But despite the two guys telling you you were wrong, I'm sure the next time I call them on something they actually said, you'll still be thinking I'm just picking on the "wrong word".

You need to understand that these clowns are as ignorant as they appear. It isn't just me.
By RealJustme
I was exactly correct in my criticism and you unfairly criticized me for something I don't do.
But despite the two guys telling you you were wrong...
Clown, take a deep breath, write down your thoughts, then proof read them to insure they make sense before you attempt to answer my two very simple questions.

1- What were you criticized for not doing?
2- What was he wrong about?

Carlos ;)
By Clownkicker
Nobody's talking to you, douche bag.

But it certainly isn't my fault that you don't speak English adequately.
There is nothing wrong with that post.

Go troll somewhere else.
By Malcolm
Well, you can knock me down
Step in my face
Slander my name
All over the place

Do anything
That you wanna do, but
Honey, lay off of my shoes

Don't you
Step on my blue suede shoes
Well, you can do anything
But lay off of my blue suede shoes

You can burn my house
Steal my car
Drink my liquor
From an old fruit jar

Do anything
That you wanna do, now
Honey, lay off of my shoes

Don't you
Step on my blue suede shoes
Well, you can do anything
But lay off of my blue suede shoes..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Ond-OwgU8
By Clownkicker
Well it's one for the dummy,
Two for the schmo,
His mind is unsteady
But no, john, no

Please don't you
Go on that fab gay cruise.
Though you can do anything,
You look bad when you wear chartreuse.
By sillydaddy
The niggers are having their last hurrah......soon the pendulum will begin swinging the other way.

They are rioting in Ferguson......again. Can you believe it,..and the cops didn't have to shoot anyone !

So some punk nigger thought his "brothers" would see him as a hero if he shot it out with police. The cops

dropped him like a bad habit....but to his father's dismay he lives!

So his family will only see medical bills...no cash! LOL.
By Clownkicker
You can pan my post,
Throw a snit,
Yammer and babble like an old dimwit,
Do anything
that you wanna do,
But johnny, you're still a big snooze.

Don't you
Go on that fab gay cruise.
You'll just bore everyone
So stay off of that fab gay cruise.
Committee Suppressed