Political discussions about everything
Dudes, Obama has pissed of some of the Democrats up for election.

http://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation/exc ... d-midterms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
President Obama delivered a blow to Democratic Senate candidates looking to distance themselves from his flagging approval ratings Monday, saying lawmakers avoiding him on the campaign trail were “strong allies and supporters” who have “supported my agenda in Congress.” “The bottom line is, these are all folks who vote with me; they have supported my agenda in Congress and will continue to do so. These are folks who are strong allies and supporters of me, and I tell them, I said, ‘You know what, you do what you need to do to win. I will be responsible for making sure our voters turn out. ”
Born: 23-Sep-1889
Birthplace: New York City
Died: 14-Dec-1974
Location of death: New York City
Cause of death: unspecified
Remains: Cremated (ashes scattered at sea)

Religion: Jewish
Race or Ethnicity: White.....Yeah,right....jew
Sexual orientation: Straight.....Yeah, right

Nationality: United States
Executive summary: Today and Tomorrow

Wrote syndicated column Today and Tomorrow for thirty years. Headed President Woodrow Wilson's think tank to formulate a plan for world peace, coordinating the work of 125 individuals. The famous Fourteen Points of 1918 was based on the final report of this group.

On mass culture

Lippmann was an early and influential commentator on mass culture, notable for not criticizing or rejecting mass culture entirely, but discussing how it could be worked with to keep democracy functioning. In his first book on the subject, Public Opinion (1922), Lippmann said mass man functioned as a "bewildered herd" who must be governed by "a specialized class whose interests reach beyond the locality." The elite class of intellectuals and experts were to be a machinery of knowledge to circumvent the primary defect of democracy, the impossible ideal of the "omnicompetent citizen". This attitude, while it could be considered elitist today, was held as liberal by the standards of the 1920s, endorsing the continuation of civil society rather than populist fascism.

Later, in The Phantom Public (1925), Lippmann recognized that the class of experts were also, in most respects, outsiders to any particular problem, and hence, not capable of effective action. Philosopher John Dewey (1859–1952) agreed with Lippmann's assertions that the modern world was becoming too complex for every citizen to grasp all its aspects, but Dewey, unlike Lippmann, believed that the public (a composite of many "publics" within society) could form a "Great Community" that could become educated about issues, come to judgments and arrive at solutions to societal problems.

From the 1930s to the 1950s, Lippman became even more skeptical of the "guiding" class. In The Public Philosophy (1955), which took almost twenty years to complete, he presented a sophisticated argument that intellectual elites were undermining the framework of democracy. This book was very poorly received in liberal society.[7] :lol:
Attachments
shut-it-down.jpg
shut-it-down.jpg (31.73 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
Even setting aside politics, every person should read his book Public Opinion.

It is a fabulous discussion of how journalism is even possible, and how the many events in the world are reported and then summed up in the media.
8th Amendment

"The lenders were repaid, happy, and would do[…]

An Email from Joe Canadian

^^^^^^^^^ Unsurprisingly, Joe Canadian is still li[…]

Eaten by Indigenous Natives

^^^^Well, he's right about that. I AM embarrassed […]

Date Sexy.

My wife took advantage of a cold snap to pull out […]

NY Penal Law § 170.10: Falsifying Business Records[…]

My wife is similarly coy about her life before she[…]

Committee Suppressed

What adipose Milley heard is hardly germane. Who […]