Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
By rockclimber
rockclimber wrote:The topic tonight in another group has even poetry and literature. Yeats has been a favorite of mine for some time, here's a taste.....

William Butler Yeats....

"Wine comes in at the mouth

And love comes in at the eye

That's all we shall know for truth

Before we grow old and die.

I lift the glass to my mouth,

I look at you, and I sigh."

And on that toast I'm off to bed!

The topic tonight in another group has even poetry and literature. Yeats has been a favorite of mine for some time, here's a taste.....

William Butler Yeats....

"Wine comes in at the mouth

And love comes in at the eye

That's all we shall know for truth

Before we grow old and die.

I lift the glass to my mouth,

I look at you, and I sigh."

The topic is classic short poetry and classic literature.....

Feel free to chime in....

And on that toast I'm off to bed!
Attachments
IMG_20150116_005707.jpg
IMG_20150116_005707.jpg (165.63 KiB) Viewed 12218 times
By rockclimber
One more.....

Her Touch

I enter the room and see her
She beckons me closer and offers me a seat
Without a word, she touches me, feels my hair
With an arch of her brow she indicates that she knows what I need

Closing my eyes, I let her touch me
She smiles knowingly as she moves my head
I know it’s been a long time, I remember her cute smile
I hear the faint clicking in the background that’s so familiar

Her touch on my temple, my neck is so sensual
Her touch on my ears is as light as a butterfly landing
Her touch as she moves through my hair is exciting
Her touch as she gently massages my shoulder is wonderful

Finally, after minutes of exquisite pleasure I know it’s over
The last remaining covering is removed
She holds up a mirror and says…
Do you want me to trim your eyebrows too?

Have a good Friday!

:ugeek:
By mandadees
rockclimber wrote:One more.....

Her Touch

I enter the room and see her
She beckons me closer and offers me a seat
Without a word, she touches me, feels my hair
With an arch of her brow she indicates that she knows what I need

Closing my eyes, I let her touch me
She smiles knowingly as she moves my head
I know it’s been a long time, I remember her cute smile
I hear the faint clicking in the background that’s so familiar

Her touch on my temple, my neck is so sensual
Her touch on my ears is as light as a butterfly landing
Her touch as she moves through my hair is exciting
Her touch as she gently massages my shoulder is wonderful

Finally, after minutes of exquisite pleasure I know it’s over
The last remaining covering is removed
She holds up a mirror and says…
Do you want me to trim your eyebrows too?

Have a good Friday!

:ugeek:
LOL! You had me going RC! I'm so glad your feeling better :)
By mandadees

“Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted.”

― Sylvia Plath

By rockclimber
mandadees wrote:

“Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted.”

― Sylvia Plath

Go to bed Wiggle butt, ha ha!
By rockclimber
honora wrote:I threw my hands up and screamed when I saw this :lol: Ooooohhh this is going to be SO good!!

Steven Spielberg to direct Ready Player One

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

THAT will be freaking awesome!!
By rockclimber
Halo Five is supposed to a wildly great VR experience too!

October 27th is the release date just announced while I was writing this!!!

There are two sides to every story, you have to watch the two new trailers, I'll have to get the links after I post this.

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/games/Halo ... 62555.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/game ... s/xbox-one" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, not a book or movie, but the storyline is evolving more and more. Halo Nightfall is a live action storyline on X box only as well. Not Spielberg unfortunately, lol.

RPO was pretty great Honora, a little slow at first but the action and plot really sucked me in fast. I'm a sucker for VR, lol.

The current NHL 15 game is so freaking realistic at a glance, I have to double take to be sure I'm watching VR and not a real game. For a second or so anyway.
By rockclimber
The trailers, just out a few minutes ago.....

Halo 5: Guardians "Two Sides To A Story" Trailers (1080p 60fps):
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Woot!
By 327retro
Hey Guys & Gals,

I think about this time last year there was some kidding around and a brief discussion about Tasers. Manda & others expressed some interest. I came across this article that hopefully will be of particular interest to the ladies if they don't want to obtain a CWP with extra training. I hope I get this link to come up proper.

http://www.patriotfireteam.com/2015/02/ ... ifference/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Later Ya'll

Grumpy (327retro)
By FastFive
Damn... I'd started a book review earlier, was a few paragraphs into it, and then when I came back from lunch found myself logged out and my content gone. :roll:

I'll have to restart that later tonight or something. :evil:
By rockclimber
I just finished a great thriller, Human Intelligence, by Klaus Marre. Marre used to be a White House reporter and was a witness to the Pentagon attack on 9 11.

Its a great read and Kindle only. I used the app and read it on my phone.

If you like thrillers with a twist, give it a read. Starting a Native lore book about Ravens and Crows next.
Attachments
IMG_20151006_010706.jpg
IMG_20151006_010706.jpg (16.42 KiB) Viewed 11890 times
By FastFive
FastFive wrote:Damn... I'd started a book review earlier, was a few paragraphs into it, and then when I came back from lunch found myself logged out and my content gone. :roll:

I'll have to restart that later tonight or something. :evil:
Well I never actually got back around to retyping that review I'd posted but got lost months ago. Sorry about that.

Here's the Cliffs Notes of my review:
The Expanse is a series of novels (5 thus far) by James S.A. Corey. The first book, Leviathan Wake is freaking awesome!

And they just get better from there!

The end.
Seriously... if you like sci-fi in almost any shape, you won't be disappointed. The series is set in the near-future, in a 'realistic' world. Space travel isn't hyperdrives and warp speeds... you can't press a button to jump from one solar system to the next. In fact, humans haven't even gotten out of our own solar system at the point in time the series starts. Space travel can take weeks between planets, months if you want to get beyond the asteroid belt. Space ships aren't cushy yachts with gravity and the like... they are industrial and military tools. Gravity requires magnetic boots clomping across the deck, or constant acceleration.

And it's dangerous. It's gritty, it can be messy, and even something as mundane as hauling ice to supply water to Earth or Mars (the two main human habitations) can get you killed if you're not careful.

The reason I decided to come back to this now is that SyFy has been working on a TV series based around the books for quite some time and the premiere is coming up soon... Dec. 14th for Ep. 1 and Ep. 2 the following night.

Lucky for us, they've put Ep. 1 online this week: http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/videos/101-dulcinea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And it's really good! Thankfully, the writers of the novels (James S.A. Corey is actually two people) are involved with the TV series as Producers, so they have a high level of control over the direction and feel of the show.

A lot of people are saying The Expanse will be like Game of Thrones in space. I kinda' see how they might think that. Story-wise, it's entirely different, and nothing like GoT... but in terms of scope and grandeur, it's a fair comparison.

All in all, definitely worth your time to both read, and watch!
By honora
I about to start Dark Matter by Blake Crouch :geek: My Saturday night excitement!

What's everybody reading now? For me it's been almost entirely medically related, so it'll be nice to get lost in a thriller :D
By FastFive
mrdangerous wrote:Nighthawk by Clive Cussler
Anything by CC is pretty much guaranteed to be a fun read. I'm a few books behind lately though. I've been collecting his books since I was 15 years old... and I've more or less got the complete collection. Well, "had" a complete collection... a few have gone missing over the years... loaned out, forgotten to who... one or two were damaged in a flooded basement. Maybe one day I'll complete the hardcover set again. Aside from the main Dirk Pitt books I really enjoy the Isaac Bell books... everything about the early 20th century era makes for fascinating reading.

Personally I'm currently reading the "Old Man's War" series my John Scalzi. Loving it big time... serious sci-fi action.
By FastFive
honora wrote:So I have finished "Ready Player One" and I was really blown away by this book! (It has been a long time since I've had this particular feeling). I couldn't put it down and I finished it in 3 nights...

It's a futuristic scifi action book combined with a nostalgic taste of the past. Sorta like Matrix meets Goonies :D I cannot WAIT for the movie to come out now! Without giving away too much of the plot, it does consist heavily upon 80's movies and such, so I do wonder how this movie would get past the copyrights, but I'm sure Zak Penn will figure that out. As the case usually is, the book is ALWAYS better than the movie, so again I would definitely recommend reading this.
The new trailer just came out yesterday... looks freakin' amazing!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment