Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
I got to thinking, which sometimes can be a dangerous thing.... We have naked women, jokes, a Pub, Sunday Morning COFFettes, Gearheads...... BUT no DJ. So. The Spin Doctor is in, breathe easy. Here's a place to relax and chill with whatever gets your mood started.

My tastes vary, and I'm always open to new music to try. Here's what I have in mind, share what you like, comment on what others suggest. Let's build our own eclectic musical library. Stuff you like. Stuff you like to make out to. Stuff that just makes you think or feel. That's what art, poetry, lyrics and music do..... Make you feel..... Like the idea? Take the turn table for a spin then?

Here's a nice start......

Jude Christodal

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout ... 3_UyFT2MTY

Attachments
IMG_20140825_185445.jpg
IMG_20140825_185445.jpg (145.28 KiB) Viewed 29918 times
Here's another......

An oldie. I grew up with a lot older cousins with some eclectic musical tastes, this reminds me of a lot of summer nights hanging out with the big kids.....

Enjoy......

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ka8fJbDK95 ... e=youtu.be
Attachments
IMG_20140825_210711.jpg
IMG_20140825_210711.jpg (133.51 KiB) Viewed 29906 times
My musical tastes have been all over the place lately... to the point that even when I look at my own YouTube history I'm baffled. I'll post some of randomness tomorrow... need sleep now.
These are some of my recent faves.

Have you listened to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - "Timekeeper" - love this whole album

Mother Mother "Bit by Bit"

Reptar "Houseboat Babies"

Romeo Santos "La Diabla" in case anyone like to bachata....iy iy iyeee....sexy!
In the mood for something a little softer... Lana Del Ray - Born to Die
Come on take a walk on the wild side
Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain
You like your girls insane

Choose your last words,
This is the last time
Cause you and I
We were born to die
Except... "soft" doesn't for me for too long, so I'll take the mildly reworked dubstep version: Born to Die.
Lindsey Sterling is amazing! Some of the stuff she's posted on Youtube over the last couple of years is crazy good.

I actually had a whole list of songs I was going to post about... original and genre-bending covers. Radioactive by Imagine Dragons and her cover (with Pentatonix) was one of the ones I was going to mention.

(And on the subject of Imagine Dragons... while I'm not a fan of angry-shouty rap, the mash-up they did at the Grammys with Kendrick Lamar was amazing!)
What started me thinking about covers was that on my way back from lunch I had my iPod on shuffle and it queued up Michael Hutchence - The Passenger which a great cover of Iggy Pop's Passenger. It's rare that a cover is really better than the original... usually they're different, good, a nice change, etc... but rarely truly "better". This one is definitely better. Nothing against the original... it's on my iPod too, but Hutchence's version is definitely the better one in my opinion. (And it almost makes up for the horrendous Batman Forever movie...)

Another great cover than was better than the original was Hurt, by Johnny Cash. I've got a lot of Nine Inch Nails on my iPod (went through a very angry time in my life listening solely to them... it's still my "bad mood" go to music) and the original "Hurt" is a great song, but Trent Reznor's version doesn't make me tear up and it probably never will. I just watched the Cash version while I was typing this post out and I'm still a little misty eyed. :cry:

If you look up the song on Wikipedia there's an interesting little bit about what Reznor thought of Cash doing a cover:
When Trent Reznor was asked if Cash could cover his song, Reznor said he was "flattered" but worried that "the idea sounded a bit gimmicky." He became a fan of Cash's version, however, once he saw the music video. “I pop the video in, and wow... Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps... Wow. I felt like I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore..."
I was going to post some more... but I think I'll head home and leave everyone else some songs to talk about. If I don't' shut up I'll end up posting about every good single from the last 30 years. :lol:
Eclectic mixes everyone!

Thanks for all your suggestions.
I'm jammed up at work but noticed the thread moving.

FAST, I especially like the photos you added.

Dubstep, nice. You know, this is a great way to explore some new sounds, educate me please!

The suggestions without links I will pop in quote and add as needed. I'm a big fan of sound tracks. Often a movie gathers together a nice mix of unrelated music.

Please keep the party rolling......

John Legend - All of Me:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
IMG_20140826_174717.jpg
IMG_20140826_174717.jpg (75.53 KiB) Viewed 29834 times
rockclimber wrote:FAST, I especially like the photos you added.
Taylor Momsen... pretty girl. Just once in my life I would have liked to date a girl like that, just to see what it was like. :twisted:

Dubstep: Yeah, great fun. Hard hitting, "motivational" :lol: (if you think 140BPM motivates), and keeps the day at the office moving forward! I love that it can run through such a range... hardcore, dirty beats in a club, or soft and melodic chilling out with friends.

Kiyoshi Sugo is definitely on the softer side, he's kinda' Tokyo's low-key answer to Skrillex.

Music for the night before...

I'm With You

Knocking On Your Door

Or the morning after...

Awaking
All I see
Faces vacantly staring back into their lives
with all their dreams now just memories they never realized
all their thoughts are grey but if they could just see your smile
they’d be coming back to life

And now I dream in your sound but before this song is through
I want to be awake with you
Because you make believe that there’s nothing I can’t do
I want to be awake with you
And while I was looking up the links for his videos I found this:

Babymetal - Megitsune
And...
Babymetal - Gimme Chocolate

Apparently that is totally legit... teenage girls in goth lolita costumes singing and dancing j-pop to metal riffs. God I love Japan! :lol: (Yes my iPod has an eclectic mix... no, this is not on it. Yet!)

Ok, tomorrow I'll go back to actual music I own. :mrgreen:
A new "Chill, " something I found surfing around,

Chillstep...... Relax, pour some chablis, tell me what you think?

--------------[Track List]----------------
[ 00:00 - 5:25 ] Elysian - In Love
[ 05:25 - 10:11 ] Kaj & Soundnet - New Age Voyager
[ 10:11 - 17:13 ] Edward Maya - Stereo Love (Yonta Remix)
[ 17:13 - 21:29 ] KieronAGore - The Light (Fluence Remix)
[ 21:29 - 28:40 ] Killigrew - Coming Home
[ 28:40 - 32:38 ] Nyanara - We Are The Same
[ 32:38 - 38:50 ] Polyphony - Motionless
[ 38:50 - 44:39 ] Sarah Blasko - All I want (BENY Remix) ((sweet)) RC
[ 44:39 - 50:42 ] SoundNet - Losing Hope Was Freedom
[ 50:42 - 55:26 ] Vacant - Hollow
[ 55:26 - 1:00:39 ] Western Eyes - Portishead (Widdler Remix)

And then there's this one, also by Sarah Blasko......

Hey Ya! Cover (Outkast)

:mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_20140826_234631.jpg
IMG_20140826_234631.jpg (79.62 KiB) Viewed 29817 times
FastFive wrote:
rockclimber wrote:FAST, I especially like the photos you added.
Taylor Momsen... pretty girl. Just once in my life I would have liked to date a girl like that, just to see what it was like. :twisted:

II count myself the luckiest for having the women in my life I have had. Taylor is beautiful assuredly, but for me, as beautiful as a woman may be, (and here we celebrate more or less just that) it's that beautiful mindfuck that blows me away..... I'm gonna drop into dork here, for sure, beauty is what catches our eye but it's the mind inside that captivates over and over again......

I meet a lot of people every day, mostly they are stressed and not giving their best sides. I love to get to know them and discover the uniqueness and inner beauty that makes them what and who they are. Women fascinate like nothing else I know, that little tidbit makes us all lucky. (especially with our COFFettes....)

Now Thumper, tell us a tad more about that club night with Lady T?? Sounded like there was a whole Lotta more story there....

Peace.......

Rock, I think you misunderstood what I meant to say (or I wasn't actually clear). Yes, she's a good looking girl, but when I said I'd like to date a girl like that I wasn't referring to her beauty... I was talking about her, herself. She's a dark and intense girl! If you watch a few of the Pretty Reckless videos ("Heaven Knows", posted above, "Going To Hell", "Messed Up World", "My Medicine" etc) and then realize that she does all her own writing, and considers her music the purest portrayal of herself... that's what I was talking about.

A relationship wouldn't last very long (honestly, I could never keep up... sooner or later I'd want a normal life), but it would be one hell of a ride while it lasts. :D
So I've added some new music to my playlist, thanks guys! Fast, I had heard of her band but never really delved into her music until now. She has a very striking voice. Just from what I've seen, she does seem pretty intense! And I agree, Stirling is amazing! Considering where she started, to what she has become now, is pretty damn incredible. She never gave up, even when she was told she was not marketable. You got a big "Awwww" out of me when you posted that night that you were still misty eyed! If I were there, I would have done everything possible to dry your eyes...interesting how music moves us...

So here are a few favs that I'll sing to in the shower, or in the car :lol:

OK Go, the Rube Goldberg machine version of "This Too Shall Pass" (I NEVER get tired of watching their video!!!)

Metric's "Black Sheep"....sigh I LOVE LOVE LOVE Emily Haines voice! I really want to learn the chords to this one too

Ok... This link might not fit the bill for this thread, but then again it just might...
It's a glimpse at AC/DC in their early years.....a CLASSIC

I am still a rock n roll fan after almost 46 years of listening to it. People may think me foolish for still listening to the old time rockers, but for me it gets into your blood and becomes a part of you. I can't sit still when this particular song is played...

AC/DC is one of the best in my mind...Crazy how they incorporate bag pipes into a song and it still sounds amazing!

BTW... hi HONORA . I left a message to you on the town hall thread, in case you missed it.
Just a drive by, but Jimmy Shaw and Emily Haines are incredible. I went by their place on Ossington Ave.
in Toronto a few weeks ago.
It is very hard to find and Ossington isn't what it used to be but it was raining and I was humming Artificial Nocturn.
That and The Void are two of my favorite Metric numbers. I've met them both, very gracious too. And cool people. Very.

Back to work......
Attachments
Emily+Haines+James+Sjaw+Canada+Haiti+Arrivals+YtE0MtlfVQvl.jpg
Emily+Haines+James+Sjaw+Canada+Haiti+Arrivals+YtE0MtlfVQvl.jpg (81.02 KiB) Viewed 29768 times
honora wrote:So I've added some new music to my playlist, thanks guys! Fast, I had heard of her band but never really delved into her music until now. She has a very striking voice. Just from what I've seen, she does seem pretty intense! And I agree, Stirling is amazing! Considering where she started, to what she has become now, is pretty damn incredible. She never gave up, even when she was told she was not marketable.
Whoever said she's not marketable must've been too old to understand the power of geeks and youtube. :lol: I think the first time I saw here would have been when she was doing duets with Peter Hollens. They did the Skyrim theme a couple of years ago, and their epic Star Wars medley too.
You got a big "Awwww" out of me when you posted that night that you were still misty eyed! If I were there, I would have done everything possible to dry your eyes...interesting how music moves us...
You're making blush again... :oops: (and get a little warm, even with the AC on)

Admittedly, there's not a lot of music that evokes that much emotion from me. (Gotta' find my man-card... I'm sure it's in my pocket here, somewhere.) While there are certain songs though that have so much impact (like Hurt) that you kinda' can't help it, other times (for me, at least) it's not necessarily the song, but the memory that goes with it. Take for example Angel by Sarah McLachlan which is an achingly beautiful song: it doesn't make me misty eyed, but stirs up a lot of emotion in me. That song was so huge the year it came out, and that summer was the last summer I spent with an amazing girl I once knew. :cry:
OK Go, the Rube Goldberg machine version of "This Too Shall Pass" (I NEVER get tired of watching their video!!!)

OK GO is so much fun. Their first video (Here It Goes Again) on the treadmills would probably be considered one of YouTube's first viral music videos I think. I think it may be one of the first significant things I remember seeing on YouTube, actually.

Have you seen their latest? The Writing's On The Wall The work that went into it is - as usual - brilliant. Whoever came up with ALL those perspective tricks (and then physically set them up!) has a crazy mind. :lol:

Musically (not in terms of videos) they make me think of a modern, up-dated Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark (which I had on vinyl when I was... like.. 10!). Really great 80s new-wave... Pacific Age is a fantastic LP.

Pacific Age
Forever Live & Die

Metric's "Black Sheep"....sigh I LOVE LOVE LOVE Emily Haines voice! I really want to learn the chords to this one too

That's good stuff. I've heard the name before... not sure where. Maybe on some CD I have somewhere, or the radio. I like it though!

I was going to post some more of my collection of obscure (and some not so obscure) covers, but this post has already run too long. :mrgreen:
Honora,

Black Sheep, that's one I had not heard.
Nice, thanks!
Yoga pants, I have no words.....
Fast, the more you post the more I want to know about you, so no matter how long it make take, don't stop :lol: :oops:

I get it about associating memories with the songs, and that is what affects us and stays with us. I think that is a goal of the artist, to create that connection with their work.

I have seen pretty much every OK Go video, and I agree they are all genius! I like the White Knuckles vid too, so creative e and just plain adorable...

Rock, whaaaa? You have met Emily and Jimmy?! Wow I'm jealous! Ok, you HAVE to give me more details about that! I saw them in concert and they sound just as good live. I did notice the Artifical Nocturne quote; very cool. I kinda like their older albums though but some of their newer stuff is still awesome
John, lol THE Classic huh? I wonder what tracks I would find on that one! Btw, I don't remember that pic; did you put that together?

Hey ICU! I did see your comment (thank you btw!) and I replied at the Town Hall :mrgreen:
Honora,

I will detail you out on a bit, my heads filled with sweaty Yoga and German pretzels and beer, lol!
Actually my almost ten month shower project is finally done and I need to cart out the drywall. Mud, ladder, tools., paint etc.
Once that's done I'll jump in and maybe we can trade stories, yoga sweat and song suggestions?

Five! You my brother, have some wicked nice selections. I'm loading the iPod up tonight.

I'll leave you with this...... From the Gentlemen of the Road stop over.

:ugeek:
Attachments
20140827_222242.jpg
20140827_222242.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 29732 times
Miss H, I did not put that together. That is one of Thump's creations. It's me, Grumpy, Berty, jr and Thumps I think.

You don't remember it? It must have been done when you were on one of your forays away from here. What tracks might you find on it? I don't even remember. It's an age thing. :roll: Give me some time. I'm sure we can cum up with some titties... I mean titles. :oops: :oops: :shock: :mrgreen:
That's mine in the bottom left John.

This would have been 2011, it was right after we picked up the 66 Lincoln Continental.

Got a plastic glass of wine and Settling in with the pod. Also. Vintage 2011, ha ha. Was a good year I guess.

This pic good John?
Attachments
IMG_20140827_230256.jpg
IMG_20140827_230256.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 29726 times
rockclimber wrote:Five! You my brother, have some wicked nice selections. I'm loading the iPod up tonight.
Cheers. :mrgreen: Like I said at the outset... I'm ALL over the place as far as music tastes go.
I'll leave you with this...... From the Gentlemen of the Road stop over.

I have the "Sigh No More" album on my iPod... Little Lion Man is a great, frantically paced song. There's a few more on that album very much worth listening to like The Cave and Dust Bowl Dance (which just seems to keep building and building and building to the frenetic crescendo... this live video even more so). Awake My Soul is another really good one... but that's a strange video. What...? An afternoon on a hill, an SD card worth of video footage and 4 minutes of shouting at a pretty blond? :?

And if you like folk rock like Mumford & Sons, Flogging Molly is another great band... even less mainstream sounding.
Worst Day Since Yesterday makes me laugh every time. :lol:
I Damn straight love Awake My Soul!
And Flogging Molly is also a personal favorite.
I Will Wait is incredible too. One of my Buddies
has a personal connection with Mumford' parents
which is wild.
Yet he doesn't get into the music, go figure.....

Still figuring my stuff out here, maybe half a glass
of wine would have been wiser, ha ha.

honora wrote:Fast, the more you post the more I want to know about you, so no matter how long it make take, don't stop :lol: :oops:
I actually logged in to post what I'd intended to write this morning, but got side-tracked with RC's Mumford & Sons video. Now it's past my bedtime. :lol: I promise to be back tomorrow. ;) Every time I think of a great song to add to the thread it leads me thinking about 3 or 4 others... and so on and so on.
I have seen pretty much every OK Go video, and I agree they are all genius! I like the White Knuckles vid too, so creative e and just plain adorable...
I hadn't seen that one. Loved it. :D

Lastly, as I'd mentioned last night, I didn't own that Baby Metal album... yet. I downloaded it this morning and listened to it on my drive to work. It is a gloriously strange, silly, jump-around-and-head-bang-like-a-fool album that no normal person ever would have dreamed of producing. It's great!
I think all have dropped off to bed, I will join you in a few, I know I owe a tale, Honora, details to follow! Funny we haven't done this before?

Nite All.......Leaving you with one of my favorites, I have this looped 16 times. I leave it to you to guess why.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoKVU0p_hfc
Attachments
Black_Dada-foto1.jpg
Black_Dada-foto1.jpg (176.25 KiB) Viewed 29719 times
Hmmmmmm
I can see my post above but new ones don't show up. How long til the delay is gone?
honora wrote: Rock, whaaaa? You have met Emily and Jimmy?! Wow I'm jealous! Ok, you HAVE to give me more details about that! I saw them in concert and they sound just as good live. I did notice the Artifical Nocturne quote; very cool. I kinda like their older albums though but some of their newer stuff is still awesome
Well, I love Metric for a variety of reasons. First, I love her lyrics and follow her posts avidly. Her writing is amazing and I think she speaks to women in a way that is very perceptive. Artificial Nocturn for one, Synthetica, ( I noticed) Breathing Under Water is another. Every time I hear it I think young over frazzled moms dealing with life feeling like they're breathing under water. The other has to do with the way they run their lives and music from a business standpoint. They do it all themselves. I admire that. I would love to have the freedom to live that way teamed with a thoughtful artistic woman such as Emily. Not that I am unhappy with my own life, that isn't what I'm saying at all. Rather, more like a series of walkabouts or extended vacations of the sort most of us would have a heck of a hard time swinging with our work and family commitments but we all have our ideal scenarios don't we? I think it appeals to my artistic side, I have three or five, depending on the counting, projects I am working on and have yet to complete after years of working when time allows. That makes it hard to be creative and take things to completion. And on top of that next month I start a new journey which will leave even less time.

So....I joined their update group and when they announced their tour I was able to order my tickets the first hour of the sale. I noticed they had several options including VIP and Valet and Early Entry so I ordered the full package. (NOT super expensive I might add) Funny, I got 4 tickets intending to bring friends and it worked out that I didn't get a response; so I ended up going with a family member and en route discovered there was a 21 and older only clause! Beer sponsor, go figure. SO I go alone, settling in my family member with an ipad and pizza across the street in our hotel.

I had these three extra tickets, so I did what I usually do, looked for anyone in the ticket line who looked like they were in the service, I found two and gave them away. The last I gave to a girl who was worrying about getting close enough to see. She was a pretty rabid fan and was getting upset so she got the third. I gave her the early admission VIP pass and told her to go in early and save a spot for her boyfriend to come up and join her. That seemed to take a while to sink in, but the grin on her face when it did was worth it.

Anyways, I went in, showed my stuff and this girl came out and escorted me in, got me a cocktail then took me into the fan area and got me a shirt backstage. Took my info and FedExed me a second one for the other actual admission ticket I kept. Are you getting the sense of VIP with Metric yet? By now I was impressed! SOOO, second cocktail and she leads me back to the others, about 20 people, and then to a side door, and opens it and in we walk right into the theatre and right to the front of the stage. The gap is about two feet between the bar and the stage. Not being shy I went right to the middle. The opening act was great! And when Metric opened with Synthetica they came right out to the edge and said hello, it was, wild!

Now remember the ipad? I spent a good part of the concert taping via phone to pad. I figured it sucked to travel to a concert and get shut out so at least that helped. Emily and Jimmy were right in front of me for most of the night. Definitely not a night to forget!! At the end of the concert they came to the edge of the stage, (my give away girl and her BF found me and were right next LOL!) chatted a bit, Jimmy was honored by having his portrait added to this huge mural of famous artists who had performed there and they were surprised to see him added into the mix with Hendrix and Slash and BB King etc.... So during this after concert meet n greet, I got to shake hands with each of them and chat a little bit. Actually they talked for quite a while but being right smack in the middle and up front I was right in the thick of it! I have some pictures somewhere I'll load. I really liked Josh Winstead, very cool to talk to.

I think that level of personal attention they are able to offer is part of what they give their fans by running the business of Metric themselves. There are no handlers or corporate people to mange their images. It was a GREAT night and after I grabbed my ipad watcher and hit the club district around the hotel for a few hours. It was a fantastic evening!

OK, Details requested and delivered, I'm off to bed (Wow, its late! I get a cookie for staying up right?) and looking forward to the weekend!! :ugeek:

Who has interesting plans for the Labor Day Weekend? Off topic for this thread but what the heck!
Ok... no more distraction and side trips! (Looking at you Honora... Ms. Yoga Pants... you are very... very.. distracting. :oops: )

Last summer Depeche Mode was on tour and the first week of September they were coming to town. I'd really wanted to go but unfortunately they were playing the night before I had an insane three-day schedule coming up for something else so there was no way I could make it to a concert right before that. A friend of mine who was going made sure to rub it in. :roll: We got into a discussion about how great Depeche Mode is and ended up talking about what their best work was.

She insisted that "Music For The Masses" was the best since it was the biggest step forward the band made and was point that people began to take DM as serious musicians, and not just another British synth-pop group. Fair point, but aside from Strangelove and Never Let Me Down Again what songs do you remember from that album? Honestly there are no bad songs on the album, but some are just forgettable.

You know those evenings when you're just sitting around with friends... chatting, drinking, whatever and everyone ends up debating favorite this, that, or the other and then invariably you end up playing the "stranded on a desert island game" - as in: If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 CDs/books/movies/etc would you want to have with you?

For me, "Violator" is always on my list.

Always!

Musical tastes change over time, something new comes along, you discover something old... but Violator is always (to me, at least) the absolute pinnacle of Depeche Mode, 80s music, and among the best albums of all time.

You might disagree with me... but you'd be wrong. :mrgreen:

There isn't a weak moment on the entire CD. When I listen to music my iPod is usually set to "shuffle" as I like a varied mix (as evidenced by my posts in this thread) but Violator is one of those albums that I just hit Play from Track 1 and let the entire thing play through. I have a short musical attention span... this is one of the few CDs that I can listen to from start to finish... no shuffle, no skipping.

It starts off strong... World In My Eyes hits you with synthesized beats from the very first note. The signature sounds of Depeche Mode, refined over a decade of making music.

Next up is the slower, but not necessarily softer Sweetest Perfection. More drum machines, mixed with a little guitar and more distortion. Also, the kind of lyrics that leave you a little breathless when you close your eyes and associate the song to someone special.
The sweetest infection
Of body and mind
Sweetest injection
Of any kind
I stop and I stare too much
Afraid that I care too much
And I hardly dare to touch
For fear that the spell may be broken
Personal Jesus starts with a double tone that sounds like something you'd hear from a PA system in a public building, and then dives right in as one of the hardest hitting songs on the album! Probably one of their best known, most popular, and most covered songs!

Quickly following is Halo, another dance beat with nothing held back, which is then starkly contrasted with Waiting For the Night... as far from the last two tracks as a song could be. Soft, melodic, haunting, dark... vocally driven with the musical composition taking a backseat through almost the entire song.

Arguably Depeche Mode's greatest song, Enjoy The Silence comes back to dance beats and drum machines under the keyboards and synthesizers. Basically, the defining song of the album and possibly a defining song of a decade of electronic music, at it's core still a love song... "all I ever wanted, all I ever need, is here in my arms".

Policy of Truth steps it up a notch for Depeche Mode, with some of the most aggressive (relatively speaking) vocals on the album. Loads of electric guitar distortion laces the entire song through to the final strained notes.

One of the softest songs on the album, Blue Dress is one I absolutely love... a compliment to Sweetest Perfection, a song that takes you away if you just close your eyes and let your mind wander. A song about watching a gorgeous girl dress and realizing it's what makes your world turn!
Something so simple
Something so trivial
Makes me a happy man
Can't you understand
Say you believe
Just how easy
It is to please me
Because when you learn
You'll know what makes the world turn
The final act of Violator, Clean is the crescendo... all ominous bass beats, heavy drums, and distorted guitars!

Like I said... from start to finish, a masterpiece. Defining a band, a genre, and a decade!
Excellent choice bro!

Personal Jesus and the whole album, are high on my list, your review speaks for itself!

Have you heard Marilyn Mason's cover version? Edgier I think, I like it.

Marilyn Manson - Personal Jesus:
Attachments
IMG_20140828_143509.jpg
IMG_20140828_143509.jpg (120.01 KiB) Viewed 29686 times
Yep... I think I have it somewhere. It's not in my iTunes, so it must be on a CD somewhere that I never converted.

I have to admit though... that dude freaks me out. :?

He does some damned good covers though!

Sweet Dreams

Tainted Love (the original was utterly iconic... while Manson's version rips it's heart out and eats it raw)
Freakazoid for sure. Seems to attract some hot women though. I'll stick with the casual nerd look though, I have all I need, lol which triggers another......

Let the weekend begin!
Attachments
awol nation.jpg
awol nation.jpg (193.01 KiB) Viewed 29683 times
Who sings in the shower?

What do you like?

I used to know "American Pie" by heart and could belt it out. That and "America."

"America" in the shower is just weird but I can still belt out parts of "American Pie" until the dog howls.... ha ha. Well, not really, I prefer my peace and quiet, though with all these shower pictures lately, I wouldn't mind the company...... I wash a mean back and can turn bathing into quite a bit of fun given half a chance.

I am amazed at all the great music everyone has shared, Here's another I like, Majic Man, "Paris" See what you think?
Attachments
emma-stone-singing-in-the-shower-easy-A.gif
emma-stone-singing-in-the-shower-easy-A.gif (923 KiB) Viewed 29668 times
Jbe wrote:Ok... I'm not into all the cool music you guys are in to... But here is a song by the Eagle's I like

Busy Being Fabulous
I don't actually have any Eagles aside from Hotel California since, honestly... what is a music collection without Hotel California?

I do, however, have some Don Henley.

Dirty Laundry is pretty much guaranteed to be on whatever playlists I have loaded. Come to think of it, so is Boys of Summer and pretty much always All She Wants To Do Is Dance (which was more or less the theme song for a friend of mine growing up... this girl could not sit still at a party if any good song was playing... mid conversation she'd just jump up and dash off to dance at the drop of a hat). There's probably others, but those are the ones that come to mind first. I mean, it's a 32Gb iPhone, and I've got less than half a gig of free space left. Last time I was on a trip I had to delete music to make room for the pics I was snapping.
Henley is great, Five, I like your taste in music.

Here's a great one for mellow evenings, Half Moon Run, Full Circle The whole album is great. I saw them in concert a few years ago, it was really a nice surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azV0Y7v6wsg

Another great track is "Call Me in the Afternoon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_yengUrkaU

Dress To Kill 5 year anniversary C2 MTL 11.jpg
Dress To Kill 5 year anniversary C2 MTL 11.jpg (177.88 KiB) Viewed 29629 times

RCNCO wrote:Who sings in the shower?
On the subject of the very adorable Emma Stone singing (in the shower or otherwise) has anyone else seen her "Lip Sync Battle" with Jimmy Fallon? He's done a few with different guests, but this one in particular is epic. :mrgreen:

That's a funny video Five, lol

Here is my contribution, U 2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

http://www.u2.com/media/index/mediaplay ... o/setId/16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love it, just love it. :D :D :D

Leaving us subliminal messages manda? ;)

U2 is awesome... easily the greatest band of their generation, and going by longevity & quality, probably one of the greatest ever. I've wanted to see them in concert so many times and for one reason or another it's never worked out each time they've come here. I've either been away, been single (concerts alone suck... I did that once), or been too broke to buy the tics.

One day though... one day!

My personal favorite album of their would be POP, which I know is not the 'popular' choice by far. Everything before and after is of course brilliant as well. :D

No...his property sold what the based upon what th[…]

8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]