Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
mmmm Sum ace numbers guys n girls. :)

This is a brill number by Oasis.

Oasis - Cum On Feel The Noize. (I wonder where I've seen that before :P :P )

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So you think you got an evil mind
Well I'll tell you honey
And I don't know why
I don't know why
So you think my singin's' out of time
Well it makes me money
And I don't know why
I don't know why
Anymore, oh no

So cum on feel the noize
Girls rock your boys
We'll get wild, wild, wild
Cum on feel the noize
Girls rock your boys
Til dawn

So you think you I got a funny face
Well I'm not worried
And I don't know why
I don't know why
Along about last week I stopped this race
I'm in no hurry
And I don't know why
I don't know why
Anymore, no no

So cum on feel the noize
Girls rock your boys
Wild, wild, wild
Cum on feel the noize
Girls rock your boys
Til dawn

Well you think we have a lazy time
You should know better
I don't know why
I don't know why
And you say I got a dirty mind
Well I'm a mean go-getter
I don't know why
I don't know why
Anymore, oh no

So cum on feel the noize
Girls rock your boys
Wild, wild, wild
So cum on feel the noize
Girls rock your boys
Til dawn
I luv that number Di a great choice - very sexy. :)

This is my fave version of this song - very haunting I luv it. :) :)

Star wrote:I luv that number Di a great choice - very sexy. :)

Aces Star!

Yours too Di.

Here's one to start your morning!

AC/DC - Thunderstruck:

This one really gets my blood going one of my favorite start me up songs!
I always enjoy U2. Here is a nice You Tube of their greatest hits.

The Best Of U2 - U2's Greatest Hits Collection

This one is nice because it is two hours so I can start it and let it play in the back ground. :)
Most assuredly, there were drugs involved in the conception of this video:

Bjork - Army of Me

I loved her early works... her first 2 albums are stacked away on my "favorites" shelf (as opposed to in a box in the basement somewhere where I put the CDs I'll never listen to again).

A slightly reworked version featured in Sucker Punch... Babydoll's first Dance.

This morning I discovered that Powerman 5000 did a great cover of the song... at first I was only half listening and it didn't quite register, but all of a sudden it hit me. :lol: PM5K - Army of Me
its Emily Haines birthday, lead singer for Metric.

Happy birthday to a fantastic writer and singer!

Happy Birthday Emily Haines:
Attachments
IMG_20150125_125518.jpg
IMG_20150125_125518.jpg (74.34 KiB) Viewed 27038 times
Sometimes I'm in the mood for a little trap...

Black Widow

It doesn't hurt that Iggy Azalea is hot, and Rita Ora is smokin' hot!! (Two-sided tape FTW!)
FastFive wrote:Sometimes I'm in the mood for a little trap...

Black Widow

It doesn't hurt that Iggy Azalea is hot, and Rita Ora is smokin' hot!! (Two-sided tape FTW!)

Nice choice Fast Five hun :) - is that Michael Madsen. I luv the number tho. :)

mandadees wrote:I always enjoy U2. Here is a nice You Tube of their greatest hits.

The Best Of U2 - U2's Greatest Hits Collection

This one is nice because it is two hours so I can start it and let it play in the back ground. :)

Hey Manda ace band U2 I luv the Joshua tree. :) :)

rockclimber wrote:
Star wrote:I luv that number Di a great choice - very sexy. :)

Aces Star!

Yours too Di.

Here's one to start your morning!

AC/DC - Thunderstruck:

This one really gets my blood going one of my favorite start me up songs!

Hey Rocky if u like a bit of rock n raunch youll luv this one-Kiss without the make up !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would like to share a little bit of some music I have been enjoying for quite a number of years. Old time music is probably an aquired taste so I won't bore you with much of it. The Carolina Chocolate drops have been on the scene for some time now and have gone far. They first became known in public long ago one year at the Rhythm and Roots Reunion in Bristol TN and we danced together in front of the stage where the Roan Mountain Hilltopprs were playing. The Hilltoppers are another whole story unto themselves... the Sex Pistols showed up at their door and played hillbilly for a day or so. A few months later Boy George wound up there too up on Roan Mountain! :roll:

here's a little video of the Chocolate Drops up near Boone NC at the Sugar Grove, Doc Watson festival with Arthur Grimes dancin'..... and I usually end up in front of folks' cameras at these things.. @ min 3:15 :shock:

Arthur and I are the same age and he's had some heart trouble... but I believe he has recovered quite well. You might notice when Rhiannon Giddens holds her foot up in the air toward the end... that's the "foot brake" signal that the song's about to end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMToDKmuDg
Well... I told you I wasn't gonna bore you with more old time BUT... this is a more "slicked up" version of the Chocolate Drops and doesn't quite fit the old time genre. :)

Rhiannon Giddens is so beautiful, in my mind, and a beautiful singer. She has a new solo album... she is also a trained opera vocalist. No shit! You should hear her sing in Gaelic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVIaiADsyYo
Lothario2 wrote:Well... I told you I wasn't gonna bore you with more old time BUT... this is a more "slicked up" version of the Chocolate Drops and doesn't quite fit the old time genre. :)

Rhiannon Giddens is so beautiful, in my mind, and a beautiful singer. She has a new solo album... she is also a trained opera vocalist. No shit! You should hear her sing in Gaelic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVIaiADsyYo
Louthario - Great choice! We had the privilege of seeing them perform at a local music festival a few yrs back. Loved them!
Nothing at all wrong with some "old time" and you are absolutely correct she is a beauty with a beautiful voice. I can hear the operatic quality coming through!
And this country boy just loves country girls! Thanks for introducing me to a new talent!

Yes, there is country here in California believe it or don't!
FastFive wrote:Queuing up 80's tunes on YouTube is like biting into a Lays potato chip...

Betcha' can't eat just one!

Africa

And just because it's awesome...

Africa by Perpetuum Jazzile
That last one was an interesting twist.
FastFive wrote:Queuing up 80's tunes on YouTube is like biting into a Lays potato chip...

Betcha' can't eat just one!

Africa

And just because it's awesome...

Africa by Perpetuum Jazzile
Thanks for the Link, FF! What a fabulous group and a wonderful a cappella sound! Or is it really a cappella with all the bodily produced accompaniment?

No matter, I loved it! And as a voyeur I appreciated what the thigh slapping did for all those low cut necklines in the front row! :o
Lothario2 wrote:I just found an interesting Jessica Tonder music/art video... I don't know anything about it other than I thought it pretty cool.

It reminds me a bit of Andrew's work... of English Wife.

https://www.nowness.com/story/ryan-heff ... is-my-home
She does look a little like English Wife Lothario. The music is not to my taste but I liked the video with the sound off, LOL! :lol:
Lothario2 wrote:I agree... the music is a little odd... but MAN the visuals!! I LOVE watching!... and in slo-mo! :P
Very clever creativity!

Here's one that I recently saw and thought has a lot of inspiring creativity as well :
YEY ITS SEXY SATURDAY NIGHT :D :D :D

IM OFF OUT ON THE TOWN :D :D :D

IM BOUNCING ROUND THE ROOM LIKE A COMPLETE NUTTER 2 THIS ITS 1 OF MY ALL TIME FAVE FEEL GOOD NUMBERS :D :D :D :D

FROM THE VERY START JUST LET URSELF GO AND SING/SHOUT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH :D :D :D :D

I LUV IT I GET SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY DANCING JUMPING N SINGING 2 IT:D :D :D :D :D

its ok its cool ive simmered down a bit from last night :lol: but still that number real gone kid set me up in a stomping good mood 4 an ace night :D :D

I luv this very sexy number n i luv the kings of leon :)
FastFive wrote:
Star wrote:
1988? Songs from before you were even born? :lol:

He he yeah they used 2 play it at school :D :D when we scored everyone used to jump up and sing wooooooooooooo :P :P :P :P :P

Heres 1 from before u were born hunny :shock: :o aren't i nawdy i luv u FF hun :) :)
don't u just luv a bit of dramatic music. :) :) I do this sends shivers up n down my spine. :o :D :D

Star wrote:Heres 1 from before u were born hunny :shock: :o aren't i nawdy i luv u FF hun :) :)
don't u just luv a bit of dramatic music. :) :) I do this sends shivers up n down my spine. :o :D :D

Hah! :lol: How old do you think I am? :P
:lol: :lol: He He now 4 those who dont no me they have 2 no in advance i mean this in a nice way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

FastFive wrote:
Hah! :lol: How old do you think I am? :P

there isnt enough room on the page to put all the zeros hunny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK OK enough enough sos FF baby i get a bit carried away my bad u no im just being nawdy i luv you hun. ;) :) :D :P :) :)

This is good 4 a bit of rock n raunch. :D I like a bit of rock n raunch :D
Oh gawd... :roll:

Have I finally reached that point in life when 30-something is "an old guy"? :?
FastFive wrote:Oh gawd... :roll:

Have I finally reached that point in life when 30-something is "an old guy"? :?

he he :lol: :lol: :lol: ur as old as the person ur feeling hun :) :) i rekon ur 36 going on 18 sugar sweet thing. ;) :) :P :) :)

HEY anyone 4 a bit more Av Lav :P

BTW nice choice FF hun i luv Kyoto - Piano Cover :) its well cool. :)
These music threads are alwys 1 of my fave threads i tend 2 overload :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 of my fave Miley Cyrus numbers - Wrecking Ball

Starting my Friday morning off on the right foot!

Daft Punk - Aerodynamic Beats / Forget About The World - Alive 2007

And one of my favorites...

Daft Punk - Contact - Random Access Memories

(I get shivers listening to that song.)
Daft Punk - Contact - Random Access Memories fantastic wonderful brilliant :D :D

No One Saves Us But Ourselves - Kraddy i luv this as well. :D :D

I my have put this up b4 dunno but its sooooooooo wonderful n haunting :) :) :)

Star wrote: my have put this up b4 dunno but its sooooooooo wonderful n haunting :) :) :)

Nice one! Featuring my fellow Canadian Sarah McLachlan who is pretty freaking awesome in everything she does.
Star wrote:These music threads are alwys 1 of my fave threads i tend 2 overload :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 of my fave Miley Cyrus numbers - Wrecking Ball

I like the song too Starlight, starbright. Your too big a personality for just four tiny letters. Ha. People like to ridicule her and her video but I think it is artistically well done and shows off her talents well. I tend not to bother with people who want to throw mud at her because she is risqué. I think it's empowering for women to be as they want to be. If that's naked, cool.

Is it a bit exhibitionist, yes. So what? Revel in your youth and beauty, time flies. I liked how Jeny put it in her thread, go read her, I won't quote.

Few things are as intriguing and beguiling as an intelligent woman in tune with her own erotic inner self. Helping her explore her naughty side is the pleasure we, as men, in my opinion get theme does satisfaction from.

Busy here so I won't expand, later dudes and nekkid dudettes.
So, what would you say is your favorite LOVE SONG??

2 come to mind in an instant; others follow but still.....

Ben Fold's Five The Luckiest
I especially love the last few lyrics when he speaks of the old couple passing days apart; I HAVE SEEN this in person and I believe a person's heart can truly be broken or ready to pass when their strongest love passes....

Extreme More Than Words
Ok so it's talks about love; not a person in particular. But, this song is just so simple and to the point that is it pretty much my all time favorite that I turn WAY up when I hear it! Plus the video of the all the long hair just makes me smile in itself ;)

Let's see what some of yours are? Love songs - anyone? :D
Curse that autocorrect! I run afowl often myself, hopefully I catch it.

Love songs, hmmm Ben Folds comes to mind for me too. I have a DVD of them in concert and that song done live on stage was powerful and beautiful. You're very right Honora, it's a beautiful song.

I have to say there is an Irish group, Snow Patrol, that I find amazing. I've seen them live. Lightning Strike is a moving song on three parts. The first time I was introduced to them, I was moved. It was sort of an object lesson that someone younger than I am could teach me so much through a song. It inspired me to write a poem or at least a few lines. I'll have to dig em up and post it.

Here is a link to a you tube and the lyrics.

"The Lightning Strike"

[I - What If This Storm Ends?]

What if this storm ends?
And I don't see you
As you are now
Ever again

The perfect halo
Of gold hair and lightning
Sets you off against
The planet's last dance

Just for a minute
The silver forked sky
Lit you up like a star
That I will follow

Now it's found us
Like I have found you
I don't want to run
Just overwhelm me

What if this storm ends?
And leaves us nothing
Except a memory
A distant echo

I want pinned down
I want unsettled
Rattle cage after cage
Until my blood boils

I want to see you
As you are now
Every single day
That I am living

Painted in flames
All peeling thunder
Be the lightning in me
That strikes relentless

[II - The Sunlight Through The Flags]

From here the caravans are kids toys
And I can hold them all in my palm
I watch the sea creep round the corner
It connects the dots from here to you
The sunlight burning through the loose flags
Painted high on white church walls
I chase my blood from brain to thumped heart
Until I'm out of breath for trying

Worry not everything is sound
This is the safest place you've found
The only noise beating out is ours
Lacing our tea from honey jars

These accidents of faith and nature
They tend to stick in the spokes of you
But every now and then the trend bucks
And you're repaired by more than glue

Worry not everything is sound
This is the safest place you've found
The only noise beating out is ours
Lacing our tea from honey jars

Why don't you rest your fragile bones
A minute ago you looked alone
Stop waving your arms you're safe and dry
Breathe in and drink up the winter sky

[III - Daybreak]

Slowly the day breaks apart in our hands
And soft hallelujahs flow in from the church
The one on the corner you said frightened you
It was too dark and too large to find your soul in

Something was bound to go right sometime today
All these broken pieces fit together to make a perfect picture of us
It got cold and then dark so suddenly and rained
It rained so hard the two of us were the only thing
That we could see for miles and miles

And in the middle of the flood I felt my worth
When you held onto me like I was your little life raft
Please know that you were mine as well
Drops of water hit the ground like God's own tears
And spread out into shapes like
Salad bowls and basins and buckets for bailing out the flood

As motionless cars rust on driveways and curbs
You take off your raincoat and stretch out your arms
We both laugh out loud and surrender to it
The sheer force of sky and the cold magnet Earth

Snow Patrol - The Lightning Strike (What If This Storm Ends?):

It's pretty long, but I like the transitions. One of my favorites. They have some new stuff coming soon too. I have been so busy lately, I had forgotten until the topic jogged my memory.

There is a Sinatra song I love, but I need to look that one up and hunt for a you tube.
My mother's best friend from childhood, Estelle, married Ralph at a young age. They raised a family, just ordinary folks with ordinary lives.

They did like hockey though, my earliest memories were from watching games at their house and watching their relationship as a child watches his or her elders and learns.

The hockey is another story but just another facet of their simple lives.

As a couple they didn't have a very showy relationship. I guess quiet waters run deep though. One day Ralph went for a haircut and had a massive heart attack in the chair that he didn't survive.

When Estelle heard, she turned white and sat in her favorite chair and softly spoke his name and passed herself. Their devotion as simple as it was has always been very meaningful to me.

Sorry for the late night philosophy but you jogged a fond memory to the surface.
I liked The Luckiest but did not understand one part. It was kind of creepy that he said if he were born 50 years before and saw her riding her bike on his block. I took that as meaning he was OK with being a 56 yo loving a 6 yo. Yuck!

I did like More Than Words. My ex-gf needed to hear the words. I was not ready yet...on the path but not there. I asked her if she would rather have the words or actions. She said actions (which she agreed I did), but wanted the words too.
Thinker wrote:I liked The Luckiest but did not understand one part. It was kind of creepy that he said if he were born 50 years before and saw her riding her bike on his block. I took that as meaning he was OK with being a 56 yo loving a 6 yo. Yuck!

I did like More Than Words. My ex-gf needed to hear the words. I was not ready yet...on the path but not there. I asked her if she would rather have the words or actions. She said actions (which she agreed I did), but wanted the words too.
Not at all thinker, he's asking the question were they born fifty years apart would he have even realized that she was his perfect match? It's a rhetorical question, philosophically an interesting one too.

Here are the lyrics:

Lyrics
I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

This is a beautiful song on a lot of levels.

Bree,

Muse is so damn good aren't they? Bellamy writes so well. Here's one of my favorites :

Muse - Undisclosed Desires:

And this one is another I like a lot, fond memories, who doesn't benefit from a little madness in their lives?

Muse - Madness:

And this one by Cake. this has to be one of the coolest songs and this video while not the original is kick ass!

Cake - Short Skirt Long Jacket:

Later y'all
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Even with the hang over from hell i had 2 laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cos ive just spent bout 15 mins listening 2

honoras choices Ben Fold's Five The Luckiest n Extreme More Than Words>>>>>>>>>>BTW sooooooooo sweet :) :) :)

Thinkers choices Reminiscing by the Little River Band. >>>>>>>>>>>>>well cool. :) :) :)

Rocks choice Snow Patrol - The Lightning Strike >>>>>>>>>>> stunning luv it. :) :) :) :)

Soooooooooooo im all mushed up gushy n feeling soooooooooo sentimental THEN BANG CRASH WALLOP SMACK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i GET Brees Psycho by The Muse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bree i luv the song its just i really wasnt ready 4 it i was feeling luvy dovy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEway since its Sunday Pixie Lott - Nothing Compares>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BTW back 2 the romantic stuff. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Walking down Brick Lane, feeling blue.
Winds blowing lightly and I picture you.
Sweet Sunday morning, nothing to do.
Love is like a dream, when it's just me and you.

Open my window, sing me a song.
Baby can't you see that this is where I belong
With your hand in my hand, still feel that love
Really wish that we could go back to the way that it was.

They say if it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger.
Oh, but I can't be without you any longer.
Everytime I let it go, baby it's true,
Nothing compares to you.
Nothing compares to you.

Sweet Sunday morning, all by myself.
I'd rather be alone than with anyone else.
Watch my mascara dripping down.
Baby how did we end up like this? Where are you now?

Everytime I let it go, baby it's true,
Nothing compares to you.
Nothing compares to you.

I'm running fast, fast as I can, to get you back, just to get you back again.
I can not wait, I can not wait, if we can be, we can be us again.
I cry at night, cry at night, I cry for all the words, all the words I didn't say.
Sweet Sundays, sweet Sundays.

Everytime I let it go, baby it's true.
Nothing compares to you.
Nothing compares to you.
Awww Star I love that song! So romantic :D

Thinker, to be honest I was kinda like "what?" at first regarding that verse in The Luckiest, and I really wish Ben would written that part a little differently :lol: cause what you wrote is NOT what he meant. He's putting the whole soul mate theory in perspective. But honestly I LOVE all the other lyrics of the song and think it's quite beautiful.

Snow Patrol -- love them! Run is awesome!!

ANYTHING from Muse gets me going :lol:
Run is incredible. Stirs memories and feelings everything I hear it. Cakes' Long Jacket is much the same.... But with a different vibe.

Snow Patrol - Run (official video):
Attachments
IMG_20150322_202741.jpg
IMG_20150322_202741.jpg (109.23 KiB) Viewed 26721 times
Committee Suppressed

AND YET AGAIN what johnforbes is trying to say is […]

johnny, your old partisan song and dance is not &q[…]

8th Amendment

Geezus, sillydummy, inform yourself already. Trum[…]

The Engoron theory was utter nonsense and the enti[…]

The Best Man for the Job?