Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
By Coffjr
That's OK Redback - must be Chevy built, urinals only. :o :o :lol:
By 327retro
Hey Jr. :P :P :P :P :P :P

And just to show you everyone has a moment of weakness, this was "my" 55 Ford. And no that's not that's not Sugar, that's Pepper.
Attachments
Pepper Ford 03.jpg
Pepper Ford 03.jpg (293 KiB) Viewed 63096 times
By 327retro
Finally found another photo of my Barracuda. For you closet MoPar man. :)
Attachments
Pepper Barracuda 01.jpg
Pepper Barracuda 01.jpg (231.67 KiB) Viewed 63095 times
By Thumper
Sugar, Pepper....

You've had a spicy love-life, my friend!
By 327retro
Thumper wrote:Sugar, Pepper....

You've had a spicy love-life, my friend!
I haven't put one up of Swallow yet Thumper. ;) Thanks man, I have been lucky of sort, they all pointed me toward Sugar somehow.
By Coffjr
Grumpy - my very first car was a 1955 Ford and a piece of junk - paid and sold it for $150. I only had it for a month before I got my first Plymouth. And yes, I did have a Chevy once - a very nice 1964 SS but only with a 283 and not a 327. It overheated on me due to a bad radiator. Good car except at the end it had a blown head gasket. That's when I got my 1970 'Cuda'. I miss that car but not the speeding ticket I got with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Coffjr
I probably should put this in the jokes section but here it is..........

Study the picture first - then read what happened below.

This actually happened to an Englishman, in France, who was totally drunk.

A French policeman stops the Englishman's car and asks if he has been drinking.

With great difficulty, the Englishman admits that he has been drinking all day, that his daughter got married that morning, and that he drank champagne and a few bottles of wine at the reception, and many single malts scotches thereafter.

Quite upset, the policeman proceeds to alcohol-test (breath test) the Englishman and verifies that he is indeed completely hammered.

He asks the Englishman if he knows why, under French Law, he is going to be arrested.

The Englishman answers with a bit of humor, "No sir, I do not! But while we're asking questions, do you realize that this is a British car and my wife is driving . . . On the other side?
Attachments
post-162-0-94501700-1465468629.jpg
post-162-0-94501700-1465468629.jpg (47.79 KiB) Viewed 63011 times
By 327retro
Coffjr wrote:I probably should put this in the jokes section but here it is..........

Study the picture first - then read what happened below.

This actually happened to an Englishman, in France, who was totally drunk.

A French policeman stops the Englishman's car and asks if he has been drinking.

With great difficulty, the Englishman admits that he has been drinking all day, that his daughter got married that morning, and that he drank champagne and a few bottles of wine at the reception, and many single malts scotches thereafter.

Quite upset, the policeman proceeds to alcohol-test (breath test) the Englishman and verifies that he is indeed completely hammered.

He asks the Englishman if he knows why, under French Law, he is going to be arrested.

The Englishman answers with a bit of humor, "No sir, I do not! But while we're asking questions, do you realize that this is a British car and my wife is driving . . . On the other side?

Kind of sounds like our English buddy Bruce. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By 327retro
Coffjr wrote:Grumpy - my very first car was a 1955 Ford and a piece of junk - paid and sold it for $150. I only had it for a month before I got my first Plymouth. And yes, I did have a Chevy once - a very nice 1964 SS but only with a 283 and not a 327. It overheated on me due to a bad radiator. Good car except at the end it had a blown head gasket. That's when I got my 1970 'Cuda'. I miss that car but not the speeding ticket I got with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't remember what I paid for that 55, $300 maybe. Had a 272 Y block, Stromberg carb, honestly was a good car. Had it for a year until I burned out the forward gears in the automatic. Not accustom to automatic transmissions, my fault, I'm a manual trans guy had a bad habit of shifting to where I wanted to be @ any given time. Sure do miss that back seat. :) :oops: My next one was an Impala SS 4 on the floor positrac 327, 300+hp did a little work) that's the one that kept getting me in trouble. Never should have sold that one. Had it for 3 or so years I think. The Ford PU I owned turned me sour on FoMoCo plus some friends that owned Fords and that's that.

The photos suck in the next 2 I'm putting up but what the heck. As soon as I can find some of my 65 SS Impala I'll put some up. It really was one sweet ride.
Attachments
Pepper Ford 04.jpg
Pepper Ford 04.jpg (123.2 KiB) Viewed 62994 times
Pepper & Bar.jpg
Pepper & Bar.jpg (94.38 KiB) Viewed 62994 times
By 327retro
Hey ya'll, found one of my 62 PU/Ute while it was my daily driver.

Don't forget non-gearheads are welcome to join in with there recollections, questions or just join in. That goes for Motorcycles too. I'm certain Thumper would be more than happy to join in there. I "was" more into custom building Limy bikes, owned a 51 Pan-head, own a 53 Pan-head and several vintage Limy bikes I hoping to restore with a bit more kick to them.
Attachments
Grumpy's 62.jpg
Grumpy's 62.jpg (124.09 KiB) Viewed 62991 times
By 327retro
OK, Let me put some of the ladies I've had the pleasure of knowing with the vehicles they were part of starting with Pepper.
Attachments
Pepper Barracuda 01-vert.jpg
Pepper Barracuda 01-vert.jpg (51.33 KiB) Viewed 62936 times
By 327retro
Swallow with my 72 Chevy.
Attachments
Swallow Chevy 01-vert.jpg
Swallow Chevy 01-vert.jpg (203.09 KiB) Viewed 62935 times
By 327retro
My 62 Chevy, 3 on the tree. This was Sugar's daily driver for a few years. Yep she knows how to drive a 3 on the tree, come on she's a country girl. Sadly I don't have any nudes with the vehicles, always to many people around.
Attachments
Sugar's daily ride.jpg
Sugar's daily ride.jpg (159.8 KiB) Viewed 62932 times
By Jbe
RB, I'm surprised that little pickup didn't flip over from the weight. Is that how you do it in Oz? :lol:
By 327retro
No Oversize Load banner, no red flags, possible over height. No extended mirrors. I don't see the portable scales out yet. That's funny RB. :lol: :lol: :lol: Reminds me of the time I towed a full size Chevy 3/4 ton P/U with a Mazda P/U. :roll:
By redback
Jbe wrote:RB, I'm surprised that little pickup didn't flip over from the weight. Is that how you do it in Oz? :lol:
Actually Jb, I think the nice man in the blue car is politely informing the driver that that is NOT how we do it in Oz.... :lol:
327retro wrote:No Oversize Load banner, no red flags, possible over height. No extended mirrors. I don't see the portable scales out yet. That's funny RB. :lol: :lol: :lol: Reminds me of the time I towed a full size Chevy 3/4 ton P/U with a Mazda P/U. :roll:
Aside from that mate she is pretty legit. He has got it shrink wrapped..... :lol:
By Jbe
Maybe that is Oz's idea of a camper. The guy in the pickup is using the truck cab as his sleeper. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By redback
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jbe wrote:Maybe that is Oz's idea of a camper. The guy in the pickup is using the truck cab as his sleeper. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By 327retro
I did notice the shrink wrap RB. Couldn't see if it was a triple wrapped to code though. :) :roll:

Have to admit, John brought up a good point about the camper issue. The camper is facing the wrong way. Had it been turned the correct way there wouldn't have been a problem. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G'Day ya'll
By 327retro
Jbe wrote:Can't keep up with your loves, Grumps!
Jumpin Catfish John. Here I thought after all this time some of my sick puppy country ways may have rubbed of on you and would have caught the play on words/time line.

Sugar just took a photo of a local Mall Sign. I'll have to get it from her an put it up on groaner jokes. The road sigh from top on down reads, Kolas, Staples, Dick's. Now there is a play on words. Ouch. ;) :) :lol: :roll: So I have a dry sense of humor. Don't tell me you don't sick puppy. :) ;) G'Day
By 327retro
Ok ya'll. I know there aren't to many gearheads here as yet, but we down in the South have just had our first local Hot Rod and Tractor shows. I have to resize the photos but I'll be putting then up as time goes by.

Jr. there weren't any Mustangs, they are hard to find down here. There were some nice old Ford Pick Up Trucks and Mo-Par's though. Sugar and second son had control of the cameras so I have to go through them and reduce size to put up here. Next time I'll have control of Sugars Camera. (I hope)

Anyway for those that like old cars and hot rods, even if passing through, Motorcycles are more than welcome as well. Put your two cents in. Keep it civil, and Ladies are more than welcome to participate. In fact, I personally encourage it.

RB, I've been looking for a photo of my big rig and the Triumph motorcycle in front of it but haven't come across it yet . We can't run trains/wiggle wagons here in the South East but triples do run in the Mid and Southwest. To damn populated here. I came across something else that I need to take a photo of for you RB. Stay tuned RB, I'm working on it.

Motorcycles, Hot Rods and old cars/pick up trucks are a way of life, hell, even those old mahogany boats with the Gray engines have a tail to tell. That is what this section is all about. Share memories, share photos, share thoughts and conversation of days gone by and missed. Submarine race in the back seat of a 55 Ford on a backroad. The stupid new rules in NASCAR. Ya'll get the idea.

Wonderful week to ya'll,
Grumpy
By Coffjr
What - no tractor with a mustang body?? I wonder if it can be done? :lol:

What new rules with NASCAR? I have to admit, I haven't been following it. I've seen some bits of pieces of some races.
By 327retro
Sorry Jr no Mustang bodies on 4X4's nor tractors. May have to suggest that to some of the good-ol-boys, you know one of will drag one out of the lower 40 and try it. :lol:

For my favorite closet MoPar buddy. Made sure #2 son and Sugar took some for ya. More to come, even got a few old Fords. ;)
Attachments
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG (238.56 KiB) Viewed 62151 times
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG (151.34 KiB) Viewed 62151 times
DSC_0132.JPG
DSC_0132.JPG (267.64 KiB) Viewed 62151 times
By redback
If you want Mustangs,Grump, head down under. Ford tried to introduce Mondeo's and Mustangs about 20yrs ago but they didnt take off. The local Ford followers prefered the locally built Falcon. Ford stopped building cars here back in ,13, and reintroduced the Modeo and Mustang so unless you want a pre-loved Falcon you cant get an Aussie Falcon anymore so I spose the local Ford heads figure a Mustang is the next best thing. The bloody things are all over the place now. Poor misguided fools. It was a Ford that took on my missus last year. The Ford lost. Donna still has some issues but she is doing well.

Wiggle Wagon. New one on me but pretty accurate. I like it.

Lookin forward to your updates mate, keep em comin. I got a few back yard mechanic pics Im workin on. Hope to have them up soon. You all should get a giggle out of some.

Was hopin to get to a few car shows this summer but shit happens. Donna has a pretty good digital SLR and was hopin to get her to take some pics to share but her injuries sorta put paid to that idea. Im too tight to fork out for good camera and too old to learn to use one. Hopefully we can get out and about again soon.

Jr, a tractor with a Mustang body........that I would like to see :lol:
By 327retro
Hey RB,

I thought for sure wiggle wagon would have made it down your way after all these years. That's what we Yanks have called call em here. Got a question for ya. Do you truckers use CB radios (citizen band two way radios) in your rigs down your way?

BTW I have a photo of an old hot roded Flacon from the show I was going to include in my next round just for Jr since there were no Mushtangs ;) just to give him a Ford fix. I believe it's an early 60's. Might as well put them up here since you mentioned those little family cars. :roll: :) Sorry I wasn't taking the photos. I bought Sugar a fancy camera for Valentines day and she took it over, she didn't take anything more of the Falcon than this. She's a Chevy and old time patina car lady. Go figure. Sorry, she got my dumb mug in one of the photos. Talk soon Mate.
Attachments
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG (249.3 KiB) Viewed 62125 times
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG (367.97 KiB) Viewed 62125 times
By redback
I thought for sure wiggle wagon would have made it down your way after all these years. That's what we Yanks have called call em here. Got a question for ya. Do you truckers use CB radios (citizen band two way radios) in your rigs down your way?

We use UHF. Better range and more reliable than CB.

"BTW I have a photo of an old hot roded Flacon"

Um, whats a Flacon??????? :lol: Yeah she is an early one. Too many after market parts for me to tell exactly what model. Not sure about the grill but the rest of it looks pretty good. Thanks for that, even your " dumb mug" doesnt spoil the shot.
By redback
Ok, time for a giggle. We all know parts for our rides can be expensive. So heres a few cheap alternative and cheap ideas to fix it when it, and you, are broke.
Attachments
20170402_image_080.jpeg
20170402_image_080.jpeg (52.68 KiB) Viewed 62206 times
20170402_att00028.jpg
20170402_att00028.jpg (43.15 KiB) Viewed 62206 times
20170402_att00023.jpg
20170402_att00023.jpg (70.01 KiB) Viewed 62206 times
By redback
a couple more
Attachments
20170402_image_308.jpeg
20170402_image_308.jpeg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 62205 times
20170402_image_164.jpeg
20170402_image_164.jpeg (94.56 KiB) Viewed 62205 times
20170402_att00027.jpg
20170402_att00027.jpg (35.55 KiB) Viewed 62205 times
By redback
lastly
Attachments
20170402_image_188.jpeg
20170402_image_188.jpeg (58.38 KiB) Viewed 62205 times
20170402_image_083.jpeg
20170402_image_083.jpeg (26.95 KiB) Viewed 62205 times
20170402_image_285.jpeg
20170402_image_285.jpeg (46.23 KiB) Viewed 62205 times
By 327retro
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I see you have some rednecks down your way RB. I think that big'ol boy may need a few more bungee cords thought, kind of a weight ratio thing.
By 327retro
BTW, the grill on that Falcon didn't impress me either. If I'm not mistaken that's a 1963 Falcon. I did some looking on the net at front ends and that year matches.
By Coffjr
Grumpy,

Nice looking Super Bee and thanks to Sugar for the pictures. The Falcon does look like an early 60's model but I don't follow Falcons.
By 327retro
Sugar appreciates your kudos Jr. She said she took some old Fords back in the day photos, but no stangs or birds in this show. Got some more MoPars. I'll work on putting some stuff up as I can, once resized if anyone is interested. Gals always welcome. I know your out there.

Catch ya'll later.
By honora
Since I was young, a 1967 dark green or midnight blue Shelby GT500 was my absolute dream car! Still have yet to make this dream a reality though BUT..... one day it shall be mine!!
By FastFive
honora wrote:Since I was young, a 1967 dark green or midnight blue Shelby GT500 was my absolute dream car! Still have yet to make this dream a reality though BUT..... one day it shall be mine!!
You have impeccable taste is cars H.

I grew up on muscle cars.. to this day my dad is still a firm believer in American muscle, V8s, and rear wheel drive. I've branched out though... I love so many different cars. I can pick favorites from any genre, any era, any country. If ever I won a gajillion dollars, I'd basically just blow it all on the most diverse garage I could afford. :lol:
By honora
Fast, I hope once you win your gajillions you'd remember me? J/k, I'm not like that at all :D

I grew up with a dad who loved muscle cars, and still remember he would always point them out to me while driving around and I'd get all the details whether I wanted to hear about it or not! Lots of Saturday nights were spent at the regional Speedway; fun memories of eating awesome food and yelling over the thunderous engines!
By redback
honora wrote:Since I was young, a 1967 dark green or midnight blue Shelby GT500 was my absolute dream car! Still have yet to make this dream a reality though BUT..... one day it shall be mine!!
Go for it girl. Beautiful car for a beautiful girl. Awesome.
When you get it dont forget the photo shoot. :D
By redback
FastFive wrote:
You have impeccable taste is cars H.

I grew up on muscle cars.. to this day my dad is still a firm believer in American muscle, V8s, and rear wheel drive. I've branched out though... I love so many different cars. I can pick favorites from any genre, any era, any country. If ever I won a gajillion dollars, I'd basically just blow it all on the most diverse garage I could afford. :lol:
Fast, your a man after my own heart. V8 muscle and rear wheel drive......heaven
By redback
[/attachment]
honora wrote:Fast, I hope once you win your gajillions you'd remember me? J/k, I'm not like that at all :D

I grew up with a dad who loved muscle cars, and still remember he would always point them out to me while driving around and I'd get all the details whether I wanted to hear about it or not! Lots of Saturday nights were spent at the regional Speedway; fun memories of eating awesome food and yelling over the thunderous engines!

When I was a teenager my dream car was a Torana SLR5000. Still is and like you Honora I gonna have one one day
8a5ef9d5f6cdc17dc6d2ce733fb66835.jpg
8a5ef9d5f6cdc17dc6d2ce733fb66835.jpg (77.37 KiB) Viewed 61592 times
7601b2e630ac33af5fcd17736be98f69.jpg
7601b2e630ac33af5fcd17736be98f69.jpg (84.47 KiB) Viewed 61592 times
[attachment=0]aaec8804f16b91638241b6bfae9a6c0d.jpg.
Attachments
aaec8804f16b91638241b6bfae9a6c0d.jpg
aaec8804f16b91638241b6bfae9a6c0d.jpg (78.37 KiB) Viewed 61592 times
By FastFive
honora wrote:Fast, I hope once you win your gajillions you'd remember me? J/k, I'm not like that at all :D

Right on! I was a drag strip kid myself... all summer long.

That, and drive-in car shows mid-week at the local diner's parking lot, etc.
By honora
Ohhh Red now that's a beauty! I have a good feeling that, one day our dreams will come true ;) Hmmmm another car on my radar is the Acura NSX. I'm partial to the first generation but the latest models are sweeet!

Fast lol I totally imagined that voice, how can you NOT! :lol:

So what are y'all driving around these days? I'm still loving my IS300 - it's a manual drive and that thing can MOVE! I like the dashboard too; feels like I'm in a time machine lol (yeah I'm a dork) :D The 1985 Ford Merkur XR4Ti was another car I owned briefly that I was in love with. It was handed down from my parents to my older siblings and by the time I got it sadly didn't last long. Sigh...
By FastFive
honora wrote:The 1985 Ford Merkur XR4Ti was another car I owned briefly that I was in love with. It was handed down from my parents to my older siblings and by the time I got it sadly didn't last long. Sigh...
So sad when an XR4Ti is lost... :( I always loved the Euro Fords.

I wanted one of those for ages. The problem is, here in Canada they've mostly been eliminated by corrosion. The chance of finding a clean one, free of rot, is basically non-existent. The few nice ones left are near "show car" status (read: mucho $$$). If ever I had some cash to play with, and found one free of rust and rot, I'd snap it up in a sec. Mechanically, I'm not worried at all... I have enough basic skills to change / repair almost anything on that side of it. Finding one with a blown engine would suite me fine. I'd want to upgrade anyways. Brakes, suspension, all easy to replace and upgrade. Interior? Strip it out and make a track car... who needs carpets anways? :lol:

I'd finish with something like this:
By 327retro
Hey Fast, you do know those Road Rally drivers are completely nuts, right? Think about there navigators looking at a map the whole time, hoping they didn't make an error in timing. Won't even get into the fans that are right at the edge of the track on the curves. Have you done any racing FF? Just curious, it's an unusual specific style of vehicle to want to build. You know me when it comes to this stuff. Sadly, I do know about the corrosion problem up your way and the Yankee states here.

Lil' Red I had a photo of a Shelby GT 500 from a local drive in car show last Halloween I wanted to put up for you but can't find it. :cry: 1967 Shelby GT500 Info
Body Styles
2dr Fastback
Engine Types
8-cyl. 428cid/355hp 2x4bbl
1967 Shelby GT500 2dr Fastback 8-cyl. 428cid/355hp 2x4bbl Info
Number Produced
2,048. $122,000 Avg. Value* They were produced form 1967 to 1970. I didn't look into the value of the other years. I always choke when I see the value of the two I would love to have again. 1948 5 window 3100 pickup and a 1965 Impalla SS 327, four on the floor, posi-track. God I miss those. Even in half way decent condition it's somewhat a pipe dream. I paid $50.00 bucks for the 48, it had a wasted engine. I think maybe 11 or 12 hundred backs in the day for the Impalla. :evil:

RB, dog-gone-it! I have to research Holden. At first glance I thought the front end looked like a Ford Maverick, but the lights are wrong for that vehicle. Then the old El Camino single light or maybe an old Camaro came to mind. Never the less. I like the translation, an Aboriginal word meaning, to fly. (Torana.) With the big meats on the back of that I have no doubt that sucker will fly.

Your weekend is almost over now. We have one more day. It may be an extra day off. But it is to be a day of remembrance for those fallen for our Freedom. A Digger salutes a Yank http://forums.voyeurweb.com/viewtopic.p ... 463#p86756" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your Memorial Day is a bit earlier than ours but was spot on. I know you blokes had a helping hand in Nam, but I better leave it at that. G'Day Mate.
By redback
[quote="honora"]Ohhh Red now that's a beauty! I have a good feeling that, one day our dreams will come true ;)

Honora, I'l give you a ride in my Torana if you give me a ride in your Shelby. we'l see who can scare the pants off whom 1st.. :lol: :oops: :o

RB, dog-gone-it! I have to research Holden. At first glance I thought the front end looked like a Ford Maverick, but the lights are wrong for that vehicle. Then the old El Camino single light or maybe an old Camaro came to mind. Never the less. I like the translation, an Aboriginal word meaning, to fly. (Torana.) With the big meats on the back of that I have no doubt that sucker will fly.

Thats one reason I like you mate, your always happy to research stuff. That car is a 76 model, the one I want is a 79 A9X SLR. Holden reckoned it was the fastest 4door on the planet but Ford reckon theyre GTHO falcon was. either way they both took a lot of catchin..lol

Your weekend is almost over now. We have one more day. It may be an extra day off. But it is to be a day of remembrance for those fallen for our Freedom. A Digger salutes a Yank viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10463#p86756 Your Memorial Day is a bit earlier than ours but was spot on. I know you blokes had a helping hand in Nam, but I better leave it at that. G'Day Mate.

Thanks mate. "lest we forget"
If you wanna do more research google "Long Tan".
By FastFive
327retro wrote:Hey Fast, you do know those Road Rally drivers are completely nuts, right? Think about there navigators looking at a map the whole time, hoping they didn't make an error in timing. Won't even get into the fans that are right at the edge of the track on the curves. Have you done any racing FF? Just curious, it's an unusual specific style of vehicle to want to build. You know me when it comes to this stuff. Sadly, I do know about the corrosion problem up your way and the Yankee states here.
I've been hooked on racing on many types since I was a kid. Faded in and out of watching F1, NASCAR, all sorts of touring cars, etc. But I've always been a rally guy at heart. I blame an early childhood upbringing featuring a steady diet of Dukes of Hazard. Sideways through a forest just resonates with me. :lol:

Followed the WRC since the Group A days of the mid 90s... even through the dry years, the boring Loeb years... so glad it's getting back on form now. :D

Yeah, it's a less well-known niche of the sport, but I love it.
8th Amendment

Speaking of lard-encased posteriors as johnforbes […]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]