Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
By 327retro
Time for a little fun, been to quite here.
Attachments
the-only-thing-a-guy-likes-more-than-a-chevy-is-a-chevy-girl.png
the-only-thing-a-guy-likes-more-than-a-chevy-is-a-chevy-girl.png (565.41 KiB) Viewed 67927 times
By 327retro
Forgot one. Got to love the gal that wrote this.
Attachments
tumblr_m61khoHerS1ruu4q2o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_m61khoHerS1ruu4q2o1_1280.jpg (94.02 KiB) Viewed 67926 times
By 327retro
redback wrote:Spot on on both counts my friend. Keep on truckin. :D :D :D :D
As long as the good Lord allows me to RB. Great weekend Mate.
By 327retro
Jr, this ones for you my closet Mopar buddy. Just take a look at the tail lights and you may know what it is. Sorry about the people in the way. Sooner or later I'll find some more photos of that baby.
Attachments
Grumpy & Pepper.jpg
Grumpy & Pepper.jpg (116.81 KiB) Viewed 67884 times
By 327retro
Sorry about that Jr., When I previewed the photo both tail lights were in the photo I'll have to shrink it down for the next time.
By Thumper
71 Cuda?
Knowing you, Grumps, I'm guessing Hemi?
By Coffjr
Grumpy and Thumper,

I actually think it's a 68 or 69 Barracuda. The 70s and 71s had different tail lights. Yes, I am a closet Mopar man! But damn, I got to get rid of my F150 and get me a Chevy... :D
By 327retro
Hey Thumper, good to hear from you man it's been a while. Not a 70's and sadly not a Hemi.

Jr. I knew you'd get it. 68 Barracuda fast back. Pepper bought it while I was playing in the OD Green Machine. Damn thing only had a 318, wanted to drop a 340 in it but they were expensive and hard to come by in the early 70's.

Later guys.
By Coffjr
Grumpy - I heard those 318s were dogs. Now if you could have found a nice 340 with a six-pack - that would have been one screaming car. If I had to do over again, I'd had found a Hemi or AAR Cuda instead of my 383 to buy - but then I'd probably had more speed tickets.
By 327retro
Jr. you have no idea. That engine was pure garbage! And a gas guzzler to boot. A 235 Chevy 3 on the tree pick up could out run it. Beautiful car but why MoPar put such a crap engine in it I'll never understand.
By 327retro
Thought about putting this up on groaner jokes but most likely fits here better. Reminds me of #2 son who now is quite the gear head.
Attachments
074920160904-CEFE5530-S-46090618.jpg
074920160904-CEFE5530-S-46090618.jpg (61.12 KiB) Viewed 67662 times
By 327retro
Don't know what administrative problem is but just lost a good invite to this particular forum. I'm becoming less and less pleased with how things are being run here.

Since I speak from the heart and what's on my mind at the time I'll have to take a quick snap shot of my thoughts.

I have spoken about my 62 Chevy Pickup/Ute to our down under friends. And mentioned it was a daily driver till the block cracked. I have never posted any photo's of the old boy to my recollection so I'll post my long road to making this truck a sleeper. It's not going to be a Rat Rod nor a very pretty Hot Rod. Jr., Thumper, RB and myself may know what I'm talking about but it should not exclude the visitors I'm certain stop by here.

For those people more so the ladies Don't be uncomfortable to ask questions. We are all inclusive here. Don't tell me y'all haven't eye a pretty Hot Rod, Bike or a damn fine Restoration. What I (we) talk about is a thing of beauty only equal to the beauty of a woman and just as expensive. :roll: :) ;) Recon I got my tit in a wringer with the ladies in that last statement. Hit me with your best shot ladies. There is no chauvinism here.

Back to my 62 and the start of a sleeper.
Attachments
62-01.JPG
62-01.JPG (287.68 KiB) Viewed 67653 times
By Coffjr
Yes, Grumpy - I do know what you are talking about. That pick-up would be a great sleeper. I thought about making a sleeper Mustang - 'Bullet' style car but in a 1965 or 66.
By Coffjr
And since we are sharing photos - here is my #1 car at a car show this last summer.
Attachments
mustang..jpg
mustang..jpg (162.92 KiB) Viewed 67545 times
By 327retro
Jr. that is one sweet ride and a rag top to boot. Judging by the air cleaner you seem to have kept the engine compartment in stock shape. Got those James Bond style wheel cutter hubs I see. Love the color btw. Real nicely Jr.. The only (minor) complaint I have is that beauty is a tad out of focus.

It's been a long time since we talked about the Bird you were working on. Any progress? Back burner or did you get a good offer? BTW, I just noticed the 62 was a tad out of focus, wtf? Grumph! Recon reducing from Raw has it's flaws. Will have to work on that myself.

Finally got to a Hot Rod show this year on Saturday 22 Oct. at a Micky D's. Got to see some local talent I've missed for a few years. What a relaxing day. Those that don't get it don't know what they are missing. It's an education in engineering, time, money, thought, physics, beauty, history. We Hot Rodder's and racers have improved the automotive industry more that anyone is willing to acknowledge.

Got to git, photos to follow.
By redback
Jr, thats a dinkum set of wheels. Well done mate. How about some stats. Other than Steve McQueen looked pretty cool drivin one of those I dont know a lot about stangs so when was she built an what makes it go?
Grump, that ute looks like a class project. Keep us updated. Bein a boy from the bush I love utes. OOps, sorry, trucks. lol
By redback
Jr, your earlier comment on speeding tickets made me think of my darling daughter. Much to my consternation she recently bought herself a 16 Evo. For the same money she could have got herself a Commodore Redline. Young people today, no class. She has let me drive it but only as long as she is in the shotgun. She wont let me take it out on me pat malone.
When I asked her why not she gave it to me str8. she dont trust me.
She may be blonde but she sure aint dumb.
By Coffjr
Thanks Grumpy. The engine compartment is in great shape - real clean with many stock sticker or engine tags. It's real close to a completely restored car - it has a few non-stock parts like belts, plug wires, hose clamps, etc....small stuff. I would say the picture being out of focus was to cover up any flaws.......but it has none other than the driver. :lol: She is a clean straight car coming from a dry climate (no rust problems). The picture was taken from my iPhone.

Thanks Redback - this Mustang is a 1964-1/2 (but registered as a 1965) Mustang. Built in Dearborn, Michigan on July 3rd 1964. She has a stock 289ci with an 4-barrel carb. It's has an automatic transmission. Fully optioned car with power top and factory installed AC to name a few. The major difference between the 1964-1/2 & 1965s is that the 64-1/2s have generators while the 65s have alternators. The 65 Mustangs were built starting in August of 1964. The color is Guardsman Blue - only offered in this year. Steve McQueen drove a 1968 390GT fastback in Bullet - great car and great movie.

The bird is still on hold. I have had the under dash wiring replaced - it was real bad. Put on an electric fuel pump - mostly used for starting the car when it's been sitting for a while. Better front sway bars for handling. Bolt on front disc brakes because I like to stop when I want to stop. Just trying to make the car a drive better. The paint job is the last to be done.
By 327retro
Hey RB, how have you been mate. Yep that old girl is going to take a little time unless I win one of those lottery's. Started to take some of the panels & grill of to pop out some dents. It was a basic farm truck built over in Georgia USA. Bought it back in 2001 or 02, used it as a daily driver, in fact Sugar drove it for a year or two. It is a 3 on the tree btw with sloppy linkage. It was a hoot when guys would stop to see why Sugar was under the hood in her work dress and came up with a foot and a half pry bar to get the thing back in neutral then motor on down the road. They couldn't figure out how to do it. Go to Love a Country Girl.

No worries RB, Ute is fine by me. I have another friend from OZ that has a Holden Ute, (Chevy El Camino here in the Colonies) if I recall it's an early 70's and has had it since new.

Got to git for now.
By 327retro
I did notice the lines Jr.. Nice to hear about the condition. It can be such a pain in the butt (where the wallet is kept) to restore some of these things of beauty. Then to be able to tool on down the road with a ride that was part of many turning points in automotive history has to be a damn good feeling. (kind of like your first wet finger up on lovers lane with Marry Ann in your dads Bel Air) :roll: Couldn't help myself.

The only Stang at the show (which I was surprised at) was this Mach 1 and have to admit sounded real nice, perfect rumble. # 2 son caught it as it was leaving.
Attachments
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG (147.48 KiB) Viewed 67375 times
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG (171.63 KiB) Viewed 67375 times
By 327retro
One more you may like Jr.. It wasn't a fast back but a nice cuda non the less. Think I may have 2 or 3 other Mo-Pars I'll post. I'll have to talk to # 2 son and see If he didn't catch some Mustangs, as I mentioned I thought there would be more than just that one Mach 1. Any way Jr. you did real good with your ride man, your efforts were well worth it. (if caught or captured, I'll disavow any knowledge of Fo Mo Co) ;) :roll: :) :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0076.JPG
IMG_0076.JPG (155.42 KiB) Viewed 67374 times
By 327retro
Just to close the night out I'll put another angle of the Ol' 62 up. Although I have some ideas of what I want to do with the Ol' boy, I'm open to any suggestions and discussions. It will be a daily driver again, so full on show truck is out of the question. (?) BTW 99% is surface rust. The real rest is the usual spots and mostly repairable as can be seen under the turn signals in this photo.

BTW I notice there are some lurkers on here and will extend welcome and join in on the conversation. I may be a stone cold Chevy man but as you may see it's friendly banter. It's about Hot Rods, Restoration, Motorcycles and improving beauty from the past. And if any ladies wish to join in the conversation or post with there rides your more than welcome. I personally have known some very lovely ladies over the years that were/are quite some damn fine gearheads.
Attachments
62-02.JPG
62-02.JPG (265.78 KiB) Viewed 67372 times
By 327retro
Sorry about the quality Sugar isn't accustom to the new camera and the battery was running low. That's me & # 2 son checking out the Chevy next to the Super Bee.
Attachments
Rod show 005.JPG
Rod show 005.JPG (237.06 KiB) Viewed 67355 times
Rod show 004.JPG
Rod show 004.JPG (145.59 KiB) Viewed 67355 times
By Coffjr
what can I say?
Attachments
IMG_1162.JPG
IMG_1162.JPG (120.3 KiB) Viewed 67349 times
By Coffjr
Grumpy, nice looking Super Bee from what I can see. Hard to tell the engine, might be a 440?? I don't know how they were equipped.
By 327retro
Hey Jr.

The girl eating on the wing was funny as all git out JR..

The Super Bee if I recall was in fact a 440. But wasn't a 6 pack version that I noticed. My bad. Got a new camera and Sugar is not accustom to it yet. She's more into nature photography, but # 2 son and I are working on that. Sugar got one more photo of a 62 PU that wasn't bad when the battery died.
Attachments
Rod show 002.JPG
Rod show 002.JPG (238.68 KiB) Viewed 67342 times
By redback
Bloody nice photos there fellas. Il have to get my act together and start attending some car shows and share some Aussie versions with ya.
But time for a rant.
It seems I'm going through a time where everything seems to go wrong. Latest was last Sunday morning. Donna, my wife, was out walking her dog when a brain dead moron tried to drift trough a roundabout. Well his ego far exceeded his talent. He lost it and collected both Donna and her dog.
Now, I love a hot car/bike/ute/truck and the sound of a powerful engine is music but PLEASE keep it all in perspective. THINK before you act. You can have fun without endangering other people who are just going about their normal business. If you want to show off and show your mates how good (or bad) you are then please use a little forethought and Keep it in a controlled and safe environment, NOT on a public street. The consequences can be devastating.
Donna was lucky, she managed to avoid most of it. She has a badly damaged right leg but no broken bones or internal injuries. If she wasn't trying to save Jena as well she may have avoided that. She had surgery on her leg yesterday and will be home again today (Tue). She will need care for a few weeks but she will be ok.
Jena (Donna's dog) wasn't so lucky. She has 6 fractured ribs, collapsed lung and internal bleeding. So far her vet bill is somewhere around $5000 and rising. Now keep in mind, as far as Donna is concerned, Jena is not a pet, she is a family member. They have been together for 11 years and are inseparable. The grief and stress Donna is going through right now is off the charts. To make it worse, Donna lost her mother a month ago, she is really hurting. Jena is doing well but she is still critical.
I don't know about you but I don't have a lazy 5k in my back pocket. The grief and financial stress this idiot has and is putting us through because of his stupidity is unbelievable and completely unnecessary. Its all well and good to say this idiot will have to pay (and he will) but 1st I have to pay then go through a long process to be reimbursed. More unnecessary stress.
Not to mention the grief he has put himself and his family in. He now has a record. He has been charged and will most likely lose his licence and car. He will have to pay for all the damage he has caused. All because he didn't use the brain God gave him.
So PLEASE my friends, don't put yourselves or anyone else through this crap. PLEASE, have fun but think and keep safe.
Attachments
14650326_10210222864106623_2107149639982202293_n.jpg
14650326_10210222864106623_2107149639982202293_n.jpg (64.82 KiB) Viewed 67305 times
By 327retro
RB, I can't express enough of how angry I feel at this news. I'm so thankful to the Good Lord above your wife is on the mend, it could have been so much worse. Please give Donna our love and prayers for a quick recovery. Give her one of your groaner jokes every day. They say laughter is the best medicine. The again Donna may get better quicker just so she can run after you with an iron skillet to beat you about your head & shoulders for subjecting to such jokes.

I all to well know how a dog is part of the family. Sugar, myself and the boys have had those critters since we were pups ourselves. It's heart breaking to see one suffer or pass. At 11 years old Jena may never fully recover in more ways than one. I really hope she does recover for more years of companionship.

Years ago in my younger days, we had back roads in the country to drag race or a local drag strip. We had highways being built we would use. Anything straight for a 1/4 mile with enough for shut down left over. Drifting practice was done in an empty parking lot mostly in the snow or on a back country dirt road. Not to many of those left anymore. Even back then we had those dumb ass TT racers. Traffic light to Traffic light where people would be put in harms way. I'm constantly reminding # 2 son if you think your that good prove it on the track. I will make him read your note as a stark reminder not to get stupid.

RB, dear friend. Our prayers for your wife and you at this troubling time.

Love Grumpy & Sugar
By Coffjr
Sorry to hear about the bad news RedBack. Glad to hear your wife and her dog will recover. I also know what it's like to have a dog as part of the family.
By redback
Thanks for your prayers and wishes.
Donna is home and havin the time of her life givin me a hard time. lol. Spose after 30 plus yrs of me givin her grief Im due for a bit of payback. Tryin to keep her off the leg is a full time job. She is a very independent lady and hates not bein able to do things for herself.
Altho she is happy to let me get in touch with my feminine side when it comes to housework. lol.

Jena was touch and go for a while but she has improved greatly in the last 48 hrs. Still amazes me how tough dogs can be. 4 days after receiving 6 fractured ribs she is up and walking. Dont think I could do that. Anyway all her signs are good for a recovery. Jena is a jack russell x, full of personality and attitude. We are praying we get the same dog back but its wait an see for now. I was raised on a wheat farm so Im more into working dogs but this little girl has gotten to me. I never thought Id be this cut up over a dog but yeah, Im hurtin too. Maybe its because I hate seeing Donna so torn.

As for the driver. Seems hes one of these new breed kids that think the world owes them. All hes worried about is his car. After hearing this and seeing the evidence the next day I have lost all sympathy and respect for him. He was driving a 50th anniversary Ford Falcon, bout 60K worth of car. I cant understand why if these people love their cars so much they treat them like paddock bashers. Personally I prefer to keep my rubber on the rim. My daughter's partner is a bit a rev head too but he and his mates go to the track on open days when they want to try out their toys. Also there are pro drivers there that pass on tips. As you can see in the photo, his drive line through the roundabout was completely wrong to be doing what he did, he powered way too soon and the scary part is he didn't back off. He hit Donna at full noise, snapped off a tree at the base and destroyed a fence. And he "loves" his car.
Anyway, here in Oz we have "HOON" laws in place to combat these idiots. The police are going full on to charge him under these laws, not just traffic laws. If they succeed he will lose his licence for a very long time and his car will be destroyed. As I said earlier, the consequences of stupid can be devastating.

Grump, I love that line, "if you think your good prove it on the track". Mind if I use it? Actually I dont care if you mind or not, Im gonna use it anyway. lol. As for the groaner jokes, I just tell her they are yours..lol. She may not be as nimble on her feet as she used to be but her thowin arm is still good and her aim is spot on. She can throw a skillet like a frisbee..

If what wrote earlier can save just 1 family from this grief then mate go for it. Show as many as you like. Stick it on facebook or twitter or what ever. Put it in the local paper. Believe me, words cant describe what I and our daughter and friends went through last Sunday waiting to find out if Donna had injuries we couldn't see.
I love a hot car and a big engine, I love to drive fast, drift, but I do it when and where I cant hurt anyone, An open paddock or on a track, but when stupid people are in control of a powerful engine on a public street it becomes a deadly weapon.
Accidents happen, if he blew a tyre and lost control or if he was avoiding a child that had run out in front of him I could understand and live with it but this is not the case. This is just plain stupidity that shouldn't have happened. I'm sorry for ranting again but I'm a professional driver and I love driving and it really gets to me when I see these idiots out on the road.,

Ok, rant over, lets get back to fun stuff, hot cars and pretty ladies.
By Thumper
Hey Red

I don't know if you saw my well wishes on the Town Hall thread, but I thought I'd mention them here. Very very happy that your loved ones are going to be ok. It truly could have been much worse.

Glad to hear that little prick is going to get the book thrown at him. He should be charged with attempted murder or attempted manslaughter, to my mind.

Gearheads are great, proud to count myself among their number, but jeez...there's a place and time, and public roads are neither.

I've been around a racetrack a time or two, and that's where the speed demon stuff should be. I've seen enough carnage on public streets to last a lifetime. People need to realize that driving is a privilege, and not a right.
By 327retro
That's some camo paint job RB, to bad it's a Ford.

I did get a hold of some of that paint. Tried it on the right fender of my Ute. Turned out pretty good, what do you think.
Attachments
62-03.JPG
62-03.JPG (231.55 KiB) Viewed 67132 times
By redback
Yeah, Grumps, if I had a ford Id paint it camo too...lol
Not sure I like it on the chev tho, sorta takes away some of its character.
Lookin forward to seein more.
By 327retro
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your a man after my own heart RB, could never do that to a Chevy.

I hear the Holden may be making a come back down under. We called it a Chevy El Camino. Wouldn't mind if it came back here. It was more of a gentleman's farm Ute here in the states, not a rough pick up truck as we are accustom to. But had a style & class all it's own.

I'm slowly taking parts off to hammer some dents out and get ready for paint. I need to get at the frame in order to reinforce it for the power plant I plan on putting in her and have the thing sand blasted and painted. Makes replacing cab & bed mounts plus other bushing so much easier.

We here in the colonies will be celebrating Thanksgiving on the 24th. It's a time of thanking God for our good fortune with family, friends and neighbors that we have made it through another year, even if at times it doesn't seem so. Without going into some factual history of the Pilgrims and why we celebrate Thanksgiving, I'll just say I'm Thankful that your wife is still with us and say a prayer of thanks at our dinner table for that RB.

RB. I haven't used PM in such a long time I'm not certain how it works any more, but keep an eye out for one from me.

All the best to you and your Mate. G'Day
Grumpy & Sugar.
By mandadees
Sorry to read about your wife Redback. I am glad she is ok. Sending huggs! <3
By Coffjr
Now, now boys - don't go bad mouthing Fords. After all, F O R D means - first on race day (into the pits). ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all....a day late.
By redback
mandadees wrote:Sorry to read about your wife Redback. I am glad she is ok. Sending huggs! <3

Thank you Manda, wish I could receive them in person.
By redback
RB. I haven't used PM in such a long time I'm not certain how it works any more, but keep an eye out for one from me.

Sent one back at ya, Grump. Let me know if ya got it.
By 327retro
Well now there are some FoMoCo sayings I've never heard before RB. :lol: Don't forget though that blue ford Mustang Rag Top is Jr's. I won't say anything about his Pickup. :roll:
Haven't gotten anything yet RB. I'll have to try again in a few days if nothing pops up. Give your lady an extra hug or two form us.
By Coffjr
Not wanting to start a war on words BUT (and remember, I'm a closet MOPAR man).

Chevy = Cheapest Heap Ever Visioned Yet
Chevy = Can Hear Every Valve Yell
CHEVROLET= Constantly Having Every*Vehicle*Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques
CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time
CHEVROLET= Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil *** Every Time
CHEVROLET= Cheap Heavy Equipment, Very Rusty, Overly Loved, Eventually Towed

Ashes to ashes,
dust to dust.
If it wasn't for our Chevy's,
our tools would rust.

And the last one:

From the past 10 years, about 95% of Chevy trucks are still on the road. The rest made it home. :lol:
By 327retro
Them thar is fightin words ya young whipper snapper! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's one from the car show for ya'll. :P Hehehe.

Looks like attachment wont load. Oh well try later. :evil:
By 327retro
Lets see if I can't get this car show pic up that didn't load last week. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG (179.62 KiB) Viewed 66551 times
By redback
sorry Jr, I couldn't resist temtation
Attachments
15780750_10154856237852974_1383460795527163864_n.jpg
15780750_10154856237852974_1383460795527163864_n.jpg (90.1 KiB) Viewed 66496 times
8th Amendment

Speaking of lard-encased posteriors as johnforbes […]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]