Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
Wow it's been awhile I think I need a spanking for not posting for wayyy too long!

I found a GREAT link to a recipe finder that I think all of you will really like.

Ok, Here's how it works, look around at what you have on hand to possibly use to make a meal.

Once you have a good idea what you have on hand and ready to use, go into the site and input your ingredients available. Then search. The site will search for available recipes that will work with what you have on hand.

Is that not a great idea or what?????

Write and let me know how it works for you Okay?

I hope to hear about some fun new recipes soon!!!

Here is the link:

http://www.supercook.com/#/recipes

TTYS!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Attachments
! PROPIC BEAUTY QUOTE MANDA.jpg
! PROPIC BEAUTY QUOTE MANDA.jpg (54.24 KiB) Viewed 15451 times
Thumper wrote:I'll be popping into that lineup as well!

Little Thumper is doing his purple happy dance at Manda's return!!!!!!!!!!
POIDH!!!
I just gave this recipe to a friend of mine and I wanted to share it here with all my friends here.

PLEASE COMMENT.

Key lime pie is kind of hard, there are so many ways to make it and there is never a lot of lime in it. Try this.

Key Lime Pie

Key Lime Pie lightened up, this one keeps the tang and graham goodness of the traditional dessert but with a lot less calories and fat.

Serves 8

Ingredients

Crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 ounce premium white chocolate, grated or finely chopped (this is a very fun twist. Use a high quality chocolate.) You can add another two ounces of chocolate into the pie mix but leave it a chopped courser.)
2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 tablespoon canola oil (I substitute olive oil almost always.)
Cooking spray (or more olive oil.)

Filling:
1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt (you can try it with a lime one maybe?)
1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice or fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind (This is zest. you have to grate it fine. If you don't have a zest tool use a wide tooth steak knife and scrape.)
3 large egg yolks ONLY Organic!
1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed ( Iwould use real whipped cream, don't scrimp and the fake stuff is just nasty. A few extra calories won't kill anyone.

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. To prepare crust, combine crumbs, sugar, salt, and chocolate in a bowl, stirring well to combine. Add butter and oil; toss with a fork until moist. Press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until beginning to brown; cool completely on a wire rack.

3. To prepare filling, place yogurt and next 4 ingredients (through milk) in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 350° for 14 minutes or until set. Cool pie completely on a wire rack. Cover loosely, and chill at least 2 hours. Serve with whipped topping.
Nutritional Information
Amount per serving

Calories 280 (more if you do it my way.)

Fat 8.9 g
Satfat 3.6 g
Monofat 3.4 g
Polyfat 1.3 g
Protein 6.6 g
Carbohydrate 43.2 g
Fiber 0.4 g
Cholesterol 84 mg
Iron 0.6 mg
Sodium 147 mg
Calcium 144 mg

xoxo it's beautiful out.
mandadees wrote:PLEASE COMMENT.

Key lime pie is kind of hard
Speaking of 'hard'.... ooh my =, that profile pic... is it new? :oops:
Thumper wrote:Dear sweet Manda!

Trust me, I would nibble on your pie at any and every opportunity!!!!!

Need some meringue for that?

Mmmmm cream filling in over supply after reading that. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fast, I'm glad you like it! :D :D :D
mandadees wrote:Fast, I'm glad you like it! :D :D :D
I just realized the full-sized version of it is right at the top of this page! How did I miss that?!? :?

Geez... now I've got visions of you with frosty meringue topping all your tastiest bits. :oops: :oops: :oops:
mandadees wrote:

Mmmmm cream filling in over supply after reading that. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well I'd hate to see THAT go to waste!!!! :shock:
Of course, in this case, the pie nibbling is just pre-sert (like dessert, but first! ;) )

For the main course, I'd slip you some homemade sausage!
We could have bangers and mash!

Then, at the end, I could cover you with pudding.....

(Isn't food fun? :twisted: )
Thumps, is "chef de cuisine" another of your many talents? Is that why Lady T keeps you around? :lol: There has got to be a joke here somewhere about making a fine meal, putting it on Lady T (or Manda- in this case) and eating it off her. :oops: :oops: :o :o ;) ;)
FastFive wrote:
mandadees wrote:Fast, I'm glad you like it! :D :D :D
I just realized the full-sized version of it is right at the top of this page! How did I miss that?!? :?

Geez... now I've got visions of you with frosty meringue topping all your tastiest bits. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am sooo glad you like it Fast! xo M
honora wrote:A past coworker of mine made Key Lime cookies. Heaven in a basket. I really wish I could have gotten her recipe!
i posted one for you sweetie that I thought you might like to try. I need to clean it up and repost it here too.

Have a great weekend!
Hi gang! :D :D :D :D :D

It’s summer and sometimes an easy twist to a basic recipe can make a delicious night. Try this one for a nice tomato summer soup. This takes about 2 hours start to finish so open a nice wine and make it an evening. Feed each other with love! ;) ;) ;)

Smexy Yummy Summer Tomato Soup for Your Tummy

Ingredients

7 cups peeled and chopped tomato (Leave the skins on and keep your pieces
manageable in soup spoon size as an alternative)
1 cup finely chopped carrots
3/4 cup finely chopped onion (alternatively mix in some finely chopped shallot for
appearance)
32 oz carton of chicken broth
1 tablespoon table sugar
2 teaspoons sea salt (a low sodium salt substitute will alter it some but not too bad.)
3 tablespoons butter (salted or unsalted)

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (here you can substitute any of the many flour
substitutes we have discussed in this thread. If you need help, IM me. XO)
1 cup 2% milk (Skin or low fat substitution will change it a little but it will be fine.)
2 teaspoons dried basil (or fresh if you have some. Better presentation with a few leaves on top :lol: )
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (you can substitute for fresh garlic as you like for taste.)
One large pot and a sauce pan

Directions

Take a large pot, add the tomatoes, carrots, and onion. Add broth until the tomato mix is covered and bring to a boil then reduce to a medium to high heat to keep a low boil for about 5 minutes; then reduce the temperature to medium-low and simmer for a half hour. Stir in the remaining chicken broth, sugar, and salt to the thickness you like in your soups. You may want a thicker heartier soup and should reduce the amount of broth added here accordingly, remember you will simmer to reduce at the end anyway but don’t want an overcooked final result.

Melt your butter over medium-low heat in a small saucepan. Then whisk in the flour, stirring until thick. Next, add in the milk and whisk in the milk until smooth. Cook and stir, whisking constantly until thickened for about 5 minutes. Then stir your milk mixture in to the stockpot. Add your basil, celery salt, black pepper, and garlic to season. Continue to simmer the soup on low to reduce and thicken, about 1 hour.

Serves 4 and about 250 cal./serving. Have fun!! XO
Hi gang! :D :D :D :D :D

It’s summer and sometimes an easy twist to a basic recipe can make a delicious night. Try this one for a nice tomato summer soup. This takes about 2 hours start to finish so open a nice wine and make it an evening. Feed each other with love! ;) ;) ;)

Smexy Yummy Summer Tomato Soup for Your Tummy

Ingredients

7 cups peeled and chopped tomato (Leave the skins on and keep your pieces
manageable in soup spoon size as an alternative)
1 cup finely chopped carrots
3/4 cup finely chopped onion (alternatively mix in some finely chopped shallot for
appearance)
32 oz carton of chicken broth
1 tablespoon table sugar
2 teaspoons sea salt (a low sodium salt substitute will alter it some but not too bad.)
3 tablespoons butter (salted or unsalted)

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (here you can substitute any of the many flour
substitutes we have discussed in this thread. If you need help, IM me. XO)
1 cup 2% milk (Skin or low fat substitution will change it a little but it will be fine.)
2 teaspoons dried basil (or fresh if you have some. Better presentation with a few leaves on top :lol: )
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (you can substitute for fresh garlic as you like for taste.)
One large pot and a sauce pan

Directions

Take a large pot, add the tomatoes, carrots, and onion. Add broth until the tomato mix is covered and bring to a boil then reduce to a medium to high heat to keep a low boil for about 5 minutes; then reduce the temperature to medium-low and simmer for a half hour. Stir in the remaining chicken broth, sugar, and salt to the thickness you like in your soups. You may want a thicker heartier soup and should reduce the amount of broth added here accordingly, remember you will simmer to reduce at the end anyway but don’t want an overcooked final result.

Melt your butter over medium-low heat in a small saucepan. Then whisk in the flour, stirring until thick. Next, add in the milk and whisk in the milk until smooth. Cook and stir, whisking constantly until thickened for about 5 minutes. Then stir your milk mixture in to the stockpot. Add your basil, celery salt, black pepper, and garlic to season. Continue to simmer the soup on low to reduce and thicken, about 1 hour.

Serves 4 and about 250 cal./serving. Have fun!! XO
Attachments
Tomato-Soup-via-New-York-Times-Cooking.jpg
Tomato-Soup-via-New-York-Times-Cooking.jpg (95.65 KiB) Viewed 14484 times
right about now, I could use something stiff.......hmmm

like a stiff, good cold margarita and a plate of nachos. Or maybe I should just go to bed.
Well Hii!!

Let me see if I can find some recipes for a couple of these wishes.
mrdangerous wrote:I'm kinda picky in the soup department. I do love me a good Irish potato soup, though.
I do too MrD. It's so easy to make plain old potato soup but now I can put my thinking cap on.
NudeNirvana wrote:right about now, I could use something stiff.......hmmm

like a stiff, good cold margarita and a plate of nachos. Or maybe I should just go to bed.
Hey NN,

The best margarita's and nacho meals include something stiff don't they? :oops: :oops:
Jbe wrote:Happy birth-week, Manda! Wishing you all the best. Hope you are having a great celebration!!

Hi John! Thank you so much! <3

I've been really busy lately. I think I need to post a recipe, it is just too quiet here lately.

TTYS
Thank you goes to John for the keeper of dates. And once again I'm quite a few days late :( and a dollar short. Happy Birthday Manda. And yes it is unnervingly quite here. Almost reminds of a song Glory Days. But those days should not have passed us by here yet. Fun, friendship and kibitzing should never go out of style.

A wonderful G'Day to you Miss Manda and all our friend here.
8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]