Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
By 327retro
Now that's what I call a beautiful gotcha with 17 :P 's added. Don't ya love when a plan comes together. (safely of course)
By Coffjr
This just says it all.....
Attachments
IMG_1943.JPG
IMG_1943.JPG (73.57 KiB) Viewed 58967 times
By 327retro
I wasn't going to dignify this with a response. But it's been a few days and can't help myself. That sick puppy side just kicked in and it's to quite here anyway. :)
Attachments
Chevy pulling a Ford.jpg
Chevy pulling a Ford.jpg (84.14 KiB) Viewed 58939 times
By Coffjr
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, way too quiet Grumpy.
By 327retro
Gearheads aren't always about Cars n Trucks, figure I'll through up some Bikes and see what shakes out. Don't recall if I ever put up the first custom I built and I'm to lazy to go back several years here. No matter, got to kick some ant hills here and see what happens. Sorry ya'll can't see the lace pattern on the tank, side cover and rear fender. Come on now these were taken in the very early (Mumble) :roll: :)
Attachments
57 AJS Matchless 2.jpg
57 AJS Matchless 2.jpg (114.15 KiB) Viewed 58695 times
57 AJS Matchless 1.jpg
57 AJS Matchless 1.jpg (50.68 KiB) Viewed 58695 times
By 327retro
Hey guys & gals,

I've been looking for some photos of trucks I drove for a long time. Sugar finally found one of them. Still looking for the triple digit truck photo.
Attachments
Grump's Truck and Triumph.jpg
Grump's Truck and Triumph.jpg (355.42 KiB) Viewed 58625 times
By NudeNirvana
hey Grumpy, that's a nice one. I always like big rigs if you know what I mean ❤️❤️ NN
By redback
NudeNirvana wrote:hey Grumpy, that's a nice one. I always like big rigs if you know what I mean ❤️❤️ NN

NN maybe you could do a photo shoot on one. :D
By NudeNirvana
Hey Redback, be careful if that's a dare I'm up for it....who has a big rig handy?
By redback
NudeNirvana wrote:Hey Redback, be careful if that's a dare I'm up for it....who has a big rig handy?

If you need a "dare" sweet lady, then its a dare. Wish you lived closer, I could supply one.. :cry:
By NudeNirvana
hey there Grumpy.......love the thread and by the way, I can drive a 3 on the floor just like Sugar. I once had a 1972 Jeep CJ5 with a V8 304 (3 speed). Proves that some of us ladies are "gearheads" too -- Nirvana
By 327retro
NudeNirvana wrote:hey Grumpy, that's a nice one. I always like big rigs if you know what I mean ❤️❤️ NN
:oops: :oops: :oops: Your making me blush.

"hey there Grumpy.......love the thread and by the way, I can drive a 3 on the floor just like Sugar. I once had a 1972 Jeep CJ5 with a V8 304 (3 speed). Proves that some of us ladies are "gearheads" too -- Nirvana"

72 CJ5 that was an AMC Jeep back then. Nice package you had. Hmmm, that didn't sound right, the jeep I mean. :) Did you do any off-roading with it? Had a friend with a 60's CJ granny 4 speed, he would pull up the idle a bit jump out, grab the steering wheel and walk it up a hill. Not the safest thing to do. Wonder how some of us survived pulling stunts like that. Mentioning your Jeep just reminded of that. Don't be a stranger here NN. ♥ ♥ ♥
By 327retro
redback wrote:Damn, wish we could have sleepers like that down under..
Pulling trains and your open spaces down there I've always wondered why you guys don't have conventional tractors. I drove COE's, hatted them. Shifters were uncomfortable, Sleeping over the engine was terrible. Never enough room for your stuff. I know I'm preaching to the choir. The KW's weren't to bad, but man the Corn Binders were the worst! Talk about shake and rattle.

Later Driver.
By redback
327retro wrote:
redback wrote:Damn, wish we could have sleepers like that down under..
Pulling trains and your open spaces down there I've always wondered why you guys don't have conventional tractors. I drove COE's, hatted them. Shifters were uncomfortable, Sleeping over the engine was terrible. Never enough room for your stuff. I know I'm preaching to the choir. The KW's weren't to bad, but man the Corn Binders were the worst! Talk about shake and rattle.

Later Driver.
I hear you , mate. I hate COE's too and for the same reasons. Out inn train country most of em are bonneted. On the east coast tho we mainly use B/Doubles. Because our govment bodies have never driven a truck and all have their heads up their asses, we have some idiotic rules and compliance. One of which is the length laws. Down here the length of a truck is from head light to tail light so to get 2 trailers inside the law we have to compromise on the prime mover, hense cab over for the shorter wheel base. And of course, large sleepers are out of the question.
The one in my propic was originally on a B/ double and then put on as a train after we scored that contract.
They reckon road trains would scare the tourist so they are not allowed on the east coast but from my experience they are a tourist attraction. Probably just as well, some of the drivers we have are a bit iffy. To drive a type 2 road train (propic, 3 trailers, 2 dollies and prime mover. 5 articulation points) you really need to stay on top of it.
These days Im quite happy towing 1 trailer a little closer to home....lol.
By redback
NudeNirvana wrote:hey there Grumpy.......love the thread and by the way, I can drive a 3 on the floor just like Sugar. I once had a 1972 Jeep CJ5 with a V8 304 (3 speed). Proves that some of us ladies are "gearheads" too -- Nirvana
I love a lady who knows her way around a set of wheels. What other units have you had?
Like Grump says, "Dont be a stranger".
Wish I still had that road train, Id ship it over there for your photo shoot....... :lol: :lol:
By 327retro
For some of you old-timers and youngins alike I know this should bring back some memories. I know the Hot Rod seen is different in other countries but has changed over the past dozen or so years to reflect an American style, so lets hear from you guys and gals.
Attachments
6008951263_3e8358cd5d_b.jpg
6008951263_3e8358cd5d_b.jpg (209.2 KiB) Viewed 58236 times
By redback
It seems one of us is moonlighting as an "advise columnist. Not mentioning any names but I think you will work it out.

Dear John

I hope you can help me. The other day, I set off for work leaving my
husband in the house watching TV. My car started stalling and then it
broke down about a mile down the road and I had to walk back to get my
husband's help.
When I got home, I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the
neighbor's daughter!

I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbor's daughter is 19. We have been
married for ten years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted
that they had been having an affair for the past six months. He won't go
to counseling and I'm afraid I am a wreck and need advice urgently. Can
you please help?

Sincerely, Sheila

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a
variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no
debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses
on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of
these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself
is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.

I hope this helps,

John
By 327retro
Not only for country girls anymore. Some are fed up with metrosexuals I hear.
Attachments
18500ceafde4a2ca15b5f5588b693a09.jpg
18500ceafde4a2ca15b5f5588b693a09.jpg (57 KiB) Viewed 57611 times
By Jbe
Grumps, a couple of months ago I saw a ladies t-shirt that said, "I look at raised trucks the way guys look at my butt!" :lol: :lol:
By 327retro
Shame you couldn't take a photo of her with out the fear of getting arrested now a day.

Don't know if I've put this up before, to lazy to check.
Attachments
tumblr_m61khoHerS1ruu4q2o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_m61khoHerS1ruu4q2o1_1280.jpg (94.08 KiB) Viewed 57590 times
By Jbe
Grumpster, actually it wasn't even on a lady. It was on a rack...no pun intended. :? :roll: :lol: I did take a pic of it but eventually deleted it.
By 327retro
Yeah, to bad it wasn't on the proper rack as you so stealthily put it John. You'll just have to get an "old" Blazer or Chevy 4X4 and git out in the hills. I hear the Cougar population is growing out that way. :roll: :)
By Coffjr
Grumpy - now what kind of Cougar are you talking about?? :? :lol:
By Coffjr
A Lexus mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a LS460 when he spotted a well known cardiologist in his shop.

The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his car when the mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?

The cardiologist, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I opened its heart, took the valves out, repaired or replaced anything damaged, and then put everything back in, and when I finished, it worked just like new.

So how is it that I make $48,000 a year and you make $1.7M, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The cardiologist paused, leaned over, and then whispered to the mechanic.......
"Try doing it with the engine running.”
By 327retro
Coffjr wrote:Grumpy - now what kind of Cougar are you talking about?? :? :lol:
The wild kind of course Jr. :) ;)
By 327retro
BBIhNJS.jpg
BBIhNJS.jpg (34.4 KiB) Viewed 57430 times
Hey boys & girls, gearheads and future gearheads, here's a little history of a great old British Motorcycle not to mention an are your kidding moment when you read what the thing went for at auction. RB, you may find this interesting when you read where the Vincent set a land speed record.

The record for the highest price ever paid for a single motorcycle was just shattered by a 1951 Vincent Black Lightning that went for $929,000 at a Bonhamsauction in Las Vegas. The record was previously held by a yellow 1915 Cyclone owned by Steve McQueen which is one of just six known to exist today. It sold for $775,000 in 2015.

This isn’t the first record set by this particular Vincent. One of 31 models of its kind ever built, this Black Lightning was owned by racer Jack Ehret who used it to set Australia’s land speed record of 141.5 miles per hour. That historic achievement, combined with the fact that it’s already a sought-after collectible in unrestored condition with original paint, was enough to push the price to almost seven figures.

"The sale was a trifecta—an original, storied, Lightning—which is a magic combination," said motorcycle historian Paul D'Orleans to the Los Angeles Times. "The sale proves the value of an original-paint competition bike loaded with history."

Built in limited quantities between 1948 and 1952, the Vincent Black Lightning was the fastest motorcycle in the world in its day with a claimed top speed of 150 mph. It was powered by a 998cc air-cooled OHV V-twin engine that produces 70 horsepower. Thanks to weight saving measures like magnesium alloy components, a solo seat, and aluminum mudguards, the bike only weighed 380 pounds.

Hope ya'll enjoyed.
God I love this stuff,
Grumpy
By 327retro
Jr, the Doc has a point. Internal combustion engines do have an aversion to being disassembled while running. :x
By Jbe
A gynecologist had a burning desire to change careers and become a mechanic. So she found out from her local tech college what was involved, signed up for evening classes and attended diligently, learning all she could.

When time for the practical exam approached, she prepared carefully for weeks, and completed the exam with tremendous skill. When the results came back, she was surprised to find that she had obtained a mark of 150%.

Fearing an error, she called the instructor, saying “I don’t want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wondered if there had been an error which needed adjusting.”

The instructor said, “During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark. You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark. I gave you an extra 50% because you did all of it THROUGH the exhaust…”
By redback
Jbe wrote:RB, that's a lady that knows how to shift!
Damn straight. Thought I was pretty good till I saw her.
Put me to shame....lol
By redback
327retro wrote:Not on Face book so I can't get it. I'll have to try Sugars account or something. :(
get on it mate, its worthit.
Jbe wrote:RB, that's a lady that knows how to shift!
After seein this again I decided to retire, I been doin it too long when truck drivers start lookin good. :lol: :lol:
By redback
327retro wrote:Hey RB, as long as they don't have a kickstand you should be fine. :lol: :lol: :roll: :)
Copy that mate, not that far gone ...........yet...
By redback
IMG_2058.jpg
IMG_2058.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 57353 times
For anyone who is interested, the bran new 2nd hand truck the company got me.
By redback
Now for somthing old, for anyone who is interested.
My younger brother found this old girl while out on a fishing trip with some mates. He took me out to see it last time I was down his way. This old girl was actually my fathers truck, circa about the time I was born.
Id love to get my hands on it and do it up but could be a bit costly and I dont have anywhere to store it while I work on it.

Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (1.09 MiB) Viewed 57342 times
1.PNG
1.PNG (657.51 KiB) Viewed 57342 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (703.55 KiB) Viewed 57342 times
By 327retro
Hey RB, Man it's about time you got a conventional. Those COE's suck to put it mildly. I just can't figure out what it is. The high-rise and nose looks like a corn binder eagle. Noticed the twin stacks, there a must. Real nice looking rig RB.

Circa about the time you were born? It's a chain drive then? :lol: Couldn't help that one. Yes you would need a garage and lots of WD-40 to redo that puppy. Although you could keep the patina and save on the paint. That would be one heck of a restoration. Put a big block Holden in it and you've go a nice cruiser. Did Holden ever make a big block down your way? What is or was that old girl anyway. I tried to enlarge the photo but can't make out the name tag.

Got to git, G-Day Mate.
By redback
327retro wrote:Hey RB, Man it's about time you got a conventional. Those COE's suck to put it mildly. I just can't figure out what it is. The high-rise and nose looks like a corn binder eagle. Noticed the twin stacks, there a must. Real nice looking rig RB.

Circa about the time you were born? It's a chain drive then? :lol: Couldn't help that one. Yes you would need a garage and lots of WD-40 to redo that puppy. Although you could keep the patina and save on the paint. That would be one heck of a restoration. Put a big block Holden in it and you've go a nice cruiser. Did Holden ever make a big block down your way? What is or was that old girl anyway. I tried to enlarge the photo but can't make out the name tag.

Got to git, G-Day Mate.
Not bad Grump, it is an eagle. And yeah, its head an shoulders over a COE and that bloody useless KW they have.

What my old mans truck is is a bit obscure. All the badges have been removed so identification is a bone of contension. Going on looks it could be an Austin but it has a ford side banger V8. Other than the engine I cant find anything that resembles a ford badge. If anyone has any idea please let me know.

I dont recall any Holden engine being called a big block. Back then they made 2. A 253 and a 308. The 308 equals a 5lt. Today they make a 5lt, 5.7lt and also use the chev 6lt. Well they did untill the assholes stopped making holdens.
As a point of interest. My father traded that truck in on a bedford J5 back in the early 60's. he passed away in 65. In 74 yours truly put a holden 308 in the bedford. I reckon it was the only Bedford on the planet that could out run a greyhound bus... lol. As for my old mans truck, if I did reno it Id prob swap the ford donk for a little cat.

Chain drive.............yeah Ill pay that one................but keep lookin over ya shoulder mate, Im stalkin ya.... :lol: :lol:
By 327retro
:lol: Ya I figured I'd be getting a payback for that chain drive comment. Ya'll did leave me an opening and I have to keep old timers like John, Jr and you on your toes.

What kind of power plant does that Eagle have? If I recall Holden stopped production back in October 2017, man that sucked. I hear they are now imported from South Korea and the US. Hope somehow Holden does there own thing maybe building high performance engines or something like that.

A 5.0 is a 305 here a 5.7 is a 350cid. A big block was a 427cid on up. I was thinking a bowtie 454cid slightly modified would go nicely in that old girl, keeping it a Rat rod, after making it road worthy of course. I do like your idea of putting a little kitty cat in that thing. Ahh it is nice to dream. If only to be young rich handsome and smarter. (again?) :) I'll put up an old rat rod dually for shits and giggles.
Attachments
RR-151.jpg
RR-151.jpg (63.65 KiB) Viewed 57168 times
By Coffjr
Hey Grumpy - who you calling an Old Timer?? :D And you said something about chain drives - I don't think I've ever seen one - except on a bicycle. Even my Harley was belt driven. :lol:
By 327retro
Harleys have a belt drive? That ain't right. That's sacrilegious.

Here's a chain drive for the younger crowed. :) :roll:
Attachments
9704013228_be5107667d_z.jpg
9704013228_be5107667d_z.jpg (255.03 KiB) Viewed 57118 times
By 327retro
Ok ya'll, Number 2 sons 83 C-10. He can't make up his mind whether to go big block strocker or some sort of LS. Ya another gearhead. :roll:
Attachments
83-03.JPG
83-03.JPG (260.78 KiB) Viewed 56949 times
By 327retro
RB, came across a triple wide the other day at work but couldn't take a photo of it, my camera phone craped out. I was a Western Star with the American Flag and an Eagle. It was quite a beautiful truck. I'm so pissed that I couldn't get a photo of it. I think you would have enjoyed it. I'll include a photo of a triple wide to let others know what we are talking about. Talk about a home away from home.
Attachments
Trippel wide.jpg
Trippel wide.jpg (59.49 KiB) Viewed 55811 times
By redback
why are you wasting money on new tyres ?
Attachments
37969552_1822726344461813_5017244683378622464_n.jpg
37969552_1822726344461813_5017244683378622464_n.jpg (78.29 KiB) Viewed 55010 times

No...his property sold what the based upon what th[…]

8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]