Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
By Coffjr
Skeetz - haven't had the chance to test drive the Hellcat yet. Is it true about the different color keys - red or black?

My days of going fast are over when I almost lost the back end of a car going off a freeway ramp at 55. The car was doing fine but the new tires weren't. I thought the rubber was much softer than it was.
By rockclimber
Skeetz wrote:
rockclimber wrote:
Skeetz wrote:Dodge Charger Hellcat!

707 HP, 204 MPH Top end, Good old American Muscle, Awesome ride! Even Grumpy would love this MoPar!

can you drift with that?
Uhhh, Rock . . . .did you mean the Charger or the snow blower? 'Cause I might just be crazy enough to try it with either of'um!
I'm playing with you, the WRX STI is good for drifting. I did a little this week when the coast was clear just for fun.
By Skeetz
Now it's me that was playing. That snow blower would be better suited to pulling stumps anyway! Would probably fall over if a guy got it sideways.

Jr, Yes it is, Red is for Race! Black is for racing to the grocery store! Different chips for different trips.
By Coffjr
Welcome back Grumpy - computer fixed or new one??
By 327retro
The normal patch and hope Jr. Number 2 son is gathering info on building one for me. Only so much one can patch on an antique, computer wise.
By Coffjr
Grumpy - not like rebuilding a antique car or truck. Too many changes. My old computer has Windows Professional XP and a bunch of applications that don't run on regular Windows 7 - all but one runs on my Windows 7 Professional. I know nothing about Windows 8. Not like putting a big hemi into an older car or truck.
By redback
Ok I know this. An XP is a Ford Falcon circa 1960 something' It only has 4 windows, not 7 or 8. and a Hemi wont fit, At least not without plenty of No13 hammer work.

As for fixing computers, I find a No5 hammer works best.
By Skeetz
Yep, that's been my motto for years,

"If it won't fit . . . get a bigger hammer!"
By 327retro
Yep ya got that right Jr.. RB, are any of those like a long handled 10 lb sludge hammer? My favorite problem solver. Sugar won't let me shoot anything in the house, she bitches at me for all the holes in the floor. :roll:

If at first ya don't succeed get a bigger Hammer!

I'll leave ya'll with this thought.
Attachments
womans-backhoe-revenge.jpg
womans-backhoe-revenge.jpg (65.61 KiB) Viewed 102678 times
By rockclimber
Hey grump,

That link isn't working, try using the URL tab then paste the link inside that?

Glad your back.
By 327retro
I did notice that Rock. I did delete it so I could get the URL to make it work, recon that delete didn't work either. It isn't up at my end, how the heck did that happen? I'll try to get it working later. Thanks for letting me know about the secondary problem as well Rock. When you have an antique country boy working with an antique computer things are bound to go off bubble. :)

BTW RB, Are you sure your not from SC? "Bless her heart" is a phrase used here. Depending on the individual subject being discussed can be a compliment or used instead of BITCH. We are rather proper here. Facial expression & body language telegraph the true intent. Hehehe. Later ya'll.
By 327retro
One more before I have to git. Think about it.
Attachments
dodgevagina.jpg
dodgevagina.jpg (70.85 KiB) Viewed 102646 times
By redback
TW RB, Are you sure your not from SC? "Bless her heart" is a phrase used here. Depending on the individual subject being discussed can be a compliment or used instead of BITCH. We are rather proper here. Facial expression & body language telegraph the true intent. Hehehe. Later ya'll.

No mate, Im still in the southern hemisphere, just been hangin out with you blokes too long, startin to pick up some bad habits.......lol
By redback
TW RB, Are you sure your not from SC? "Bless her heart" is a phrase used here. Depending on the individual subject being discussed can be a compliment or used instead of BITCH. We are rather proper here. Facial expression & body language telegraph the true intent. Hehehe. Later ya'll.

No mate, Im still in the southern hemisphere, just been hangin out with you blokes too long, startin to pick up some bad habits.......lol
By 327retro
redback wrote:TW RB, Are you sure your not from SC? "Bless her heart" is a phrase used here. Depending on the individual subject being discussed can be a compliment or used instead of BITCH. We are rather proper here. Facial expression & body language telegraph the true intent. Hehehe. Later ya'll.

RB, I wouldn't dream of corrupting such a fine upstanding Southern Good Ol'Boy as yourself, honest! :roll: :lol: BTW, did the company make good on your pickups repair after the container dropping on it? Just one of those random thoughts that popped into my mind. Great weekend mate.
By 327retro
Thinker wrote:
327retro wrote:One more before I have to git. Think about it.
That explains "Ram Tough!" ;)
Not much into Mopar's but like your take on the subject Thinker. I did whiteout part of the original caption to keep the banter civil and not start a Car-Wars. In a Galaxy far, far away there was a planet called Chevy. A peaceful planet where open headers, nos and engineering was the order of the day. One day an evil empire wormed it's way in, started giving out a drug called obamenex. A very powerful addictive sleeping drug worse than meth. The leaders of planet Chevy soon circum to this never ending onslaught of the evil empire and a need for more obamanex. Planet Chevy is now Government Motors an outpost of the evil empire. Thankfully the population has gone underground to take our planet back. We have been flushing obamanex down the toilet where it belongs. Sadly it seems to be effecting the marine life. Were working on an antidote, seems the critters aren't happy with the crap there being fed by proxy I recon.

Great weekend Ya'll
By 327retro
Have any of your read about Government Motors suing to keep use from working on our own vehicles??? Including oil changes? They claim we don't own the vehicles we purchase because of there patent rights. Anything the government touches gets broken almost beyond repair.

I haven't been able to follow up on that story, but might be something for us gearheads to keep an eye on and certainly pass it around to see what the heck is up with this total bull crap. Think it can't happen? The balloon has been floated.

"They came after the Christians; and I did nothing because I wasn't a Christian. They came after the Jews; and I did noting because I wasn't a Jew. They came after those that owned a gun; I did nothing because I didn't own a gun. Ya'll get the picture. When they come after you there won't be anyone left to help your sorry ass.

This is a discussion forum about hotrods, big rigs, motorcycles, lovely ladies, tricks about how to solve problems with restoration, oil ***, general how to stuff with hot rods etc. And just general fun stuff about all of the above. Have to thank Jr. for reminding me of something I had forgotten in a string fix for oil ***. It was a few years back but this is the point of this forum. Ladies are More Than Welcome Here for there input, we guys don't have exclusivity. Just think Sugar has 3 gearheads she has to live with and she is a biker.

Some random thoughts for what they are worth. Hope they made us all think before thinking becomes outlawed.
By 327retro
Don't get that *** was censored. "Oil ***."

Any way, time to lighten up. A funny about big rigs.
Attachments
Truck-Jokes16.jpg
Truck-Jokes16.jpg (68.43 KiB) Viewed 102598 times
By rockclimber
327retro wrote:Have any of your read about Government Motors suing to keep use from working on our own vehicles??? Including oil changes? They claim we don't own the vehicles we purchase because of there patent rights. Anything the government touches gets broken almost beyond repair.

I haven't been able to follow up on that story, but might be something for us gearheads to keep an eye on and certainly pass it around to see what the heck is up with this total bull crap. Think it can't happen? The balloon has been floated.

"They came after the Christians; and I did nothing because I wasn't a Christian. They came after the Jews; and I did noting because I wasn't a Jew. They came after those that owned a gun; I did nothing because I didn't own a gun. Ya'll get the picture. When they come after you there won't be anyone left to help your sorry ass.

This is a discussion forum about hotrods, big rigs, motorcycles, lovely ladies, tricks about how to solve problems with restoration, oil ***, general how to stuff with hot rods etc. And just general fun stuff about all of the above. Have to thank Jr. for reminding me of something I had forgotten in a string fix for oil ***. It was a few years back but this is the point of this forum. Ladies are More Than Welcome Here for there input, we guys don't have exclusivity. Just think Sugar has 3 gearheads she has to live with and she is a biker.

Some random thoughts for what they are worth. Hope they made us all think before thinking becomes outlawed.
I read that too. Stupid idea by a stupid attorney looking to bull hours. Jeez.
By redback
rockclimber wrote:Have any of your read about Government Motors suing to keep use from working on our own vehicles??? Including oil changes? They claim we don't own the vehicles we purchase because of there patent rights. Anything the government touches gets broken almost beyond repair.

You have got to be joking...............
By redback
redback wrote:
rockclimber wrote:Have any of your read about Government Motors suing to keep use from working on our own vehicles??? Including oil changes? They claim we don't own the vehicles we purchase because of there patent rights. Anything the government touches gets broken almost beyond repair.

You have got to be joking...............
Changed my mind. Its not a bad idea. That means we only hire the car instead of owning it so when we wreck it we just take it back and get a new one.
Dont waste time on services and oil changes. Just run it till it seizes and get a new one.
Works for me.
By 327retro
Hey RB, no it wasn't Rock that gave out the warning it was me.

Rock wrote: I read that too. Stupid idea by a stupid attorney looking to bull hours. Jeez. (Couldn't agree with Rock more.)

RB; I think you hit on a brilliant idea. Since we don't really own the vehicle "WE" purchase with our very hard earned money, according to the car manufacturer. It should very well be the total responsibility of the manufacture to maintain that vehicle for life without additional cost. In fact if I'm correct the cheapest American vehicle is "about" $20,000 large. Hey Big 3 how about you sell them @ around $5,000 and then dictate your bull crap for the next 10 years. Without your built in obsolesce.

We'll keep making improvement as we have always done. The big 3 will keep steeling our ideas. The manufactures seem to have forgotten there roots. Maybe it's time for us back yard gearheads to get some long over due compensation from these corporate thieves! It is after all the back yard gearhead that gave all of them a start. Not to mention constant improvements over the past 100 + years.

Keeping it real, Greasy side down Shinny side up! Regaining Freedom one nibble at a time.

Grumpy said that. Meep Meep I'm gone.
By redback
327retro wrote:Hey RB, no it wasn't Rock that gave out the warning it was me.

Rock wrote: I read that too. Stupid idea by a stupid attorney looking to bull hours. Jeez. (Couldn't agree with Rock more.)
Sorry mate, I was just clickin away on this thing and as usual it did what it wanted, not necessarily what I wanted. Computers must be female lol ... Maybe I should put a gear stick on it, then maybe I be able to drive it.

Anyway, back to subject, I agree, that has to be the most ridiculous comment Iv heard for a while. I dont care who makes it or who owns the patent, when I pay for something its MINE and Ill do with it as I choose.
Dont let em get away with it, our freedom is hangin by a thread as it is.

Just to stop you yanks from thinkin you got a monopoly on idiot politicians I heard on the news that a farmer here in Oz is under investigation for "swearing", thats right "swearing" at his sheep. Seems some greenie politician thinks it might upset them or give em a inferiority complex.
Now you know why they took our guns off us.
By 327retro
Hey RB, not a bad idea about the stick, maybe a rear splitter for when the main drive just seem to tread air. This damn antique computer thing is giving me grief of late. Hope it lasts long enough for me to build my own.

I've heard that some major aftermarket companies are going after them. Which if not for them there vehicles would be Hyundai's now. Just yesterday I heard that there are criminal charges being brought against Government Motors for hiding a serious ignition switch problem.

Any time the government gets there fingers in anything it's screwed up. Sad really that all common sense and reality vanishes when some enter the lala land of politics. Seems Collage's have that effect as well on most here in the colony's. Recon it's the same lib crap down your way.

Hey RB, you can't disrespect the politicians only girl friends they can get. Don't swear at there Sheep. Seems it's the only decent pussy they can get. And you can quote me on that.

I try my best not to dwell on your most precious Loss of Freedom my friend. I very much Love my OZ friends. The loss of protecting Yourself & Family. Is a tragedy by all account in Gods own words. A means of enjoyment as in target shooting and teaching your children the safe handling of a firearm. Hunting for food just to name some minor advantages of gun ownership. Recon the government thinks they can do all of that. Who do they come to when there stupid asses are in trouble? Yep, the ones they want to put into camps. How did our wonderful countries get such stupid leaders?

Got to get mate.
By redback
Hey RB, you can't disrespect the politicians only girl friends they can get. Don't swear at there Sheep. Seems it's the only decent pussy they can get. And you can quote me on that.

LOLROFASM

in case anyone dont understand computer talk
Laugh Out Loud, Roll On Floor And Shit Myself.
By Coffjr
Hey Grumpy - I just logged in and have been away for a while. I guess I just missed on an opportunity to save myself some money. My F150 started to have down shifting problems - yes, an automatic. When I stopped, I could feel it go into 1st after a delay - then press down on the gas and it surged like going into gear. Then slowing down where it should be down shifting into 2nd - very long delay before it finally shifted. Took it into AAMCO and they did a service on it and didn't see any problems except for metal in the tranny fluid - it also smelled burnt. A week later, it got worst where it had a very long delay up shifting into 2nd gear. I had them put in a re-manufactured transmission. The kicker - the truck is 8 years old with 38,000 non-hauling miles on it. Ford just laughed and wanted $$ to replace. AAMCO did the swap and opened up the old transmission to find burned forward clutch gears. Something else was wrong but they never found it.
Now if this vehicle belonged to Ford and I'm only driving it - I should have returned it for one with a better transmission without any cost. Ha, like that is ever going to happen.
By 327retro
RB, Love you mate. I may not have worded that properly but you got it. And I'm still laughing at your response. Your a sick puppy and that's a good thing. Jr. and others can vouch for that.

Speaking of sick puppies. Hey Jr.. Man I cant believe your trans went out @ 38,000 miles. And yes they wouldn't have figure out the other problem. Metal shavings work there way through the pump system, hold open the ball check valves that are meant to shift at a certain rpm or power demand if I'm correct in my assessment. AAMCO as other nation wide trans shops have either people in training or book learned techs needing hands on for a few serious years. In part your screwed as I believe it's a 3 to 5 year 100,000 mile limited warrantee. I may be way off on that but you should look into that. Regardless of your 8 years your mileage should hold some weight with some possible compensation. "Don't hold your breath" but a properly worded nasty gram to Ford with facts and figures "may" help with some compensation. Get a stick/straight drive next time. The Grumpy wouldn't intentionally steer ya'll wrong.

Great weekend to ya'll. Meep,Meep, I'm gone!
By redback
RB, Love you mate. I may not have worded that properly but you got it. And I'm still laughing at your response. Your a sick puppy and that's a good thing. Jr. and others can vouch for that.

Im groing quite fond of you blokes as well mate, your not a bad bunch, even if you do drive on the wrong side of the road.
By redback
things are getting a bit serious, to lighten things up.
Attachments
11221594_10155602018155112_8302031626404378440_n.png
11221594_10155602018155112_8302031626404378440_n.png (319.76 KiB) Viewed 102466 times
11174855_10155538280415112_8987976890746968866_n.jpg
11174855_10155538280415112_8987976890746968866_n.jpg (129.82 KiB) Viewed 102466 times
10423848_10155551756610112_1883602550335008249_n.jpg
10423848_10155551756610112_1883602550335008249_n.jpg (30.65 KiB) Viewed 102466 times
By Coffjr
RB - I don't know what you are talking about. We drive on the right side of the road here in the US..... :)

Thanks Grumpy for the possible cause and it sounds about right. Now if I had a clutch in my truck, I'd already have to had replace it. I don't ride them - I'm just hard on them. Four years owning my Cuda and I had to put three clutches in it. Maybe I popped the clutch a few times..... :D
By RCNCO
Summer is here.....
Attachments
girls n trucks.jpg
girls n trucks.jpg (28.46 KiB) Viewed 102295 times
By redback
When "Gearheads" become "Dads"
Attachments
10177914_10155686680370112_6918883863126574808_n.jpg
10177914_10155686680370112_6918883863126574808_n.jpg (51.26 KiB) Viewed 102266 times
1382348_10153383077374808_2150914566904561786_n.jpg
1382348_10153383077374808_2150914566904561786_n.jpg (80.77 KiB) Viewed 102266 times
By 327retro
redback wrote:When "Gearheads" become "Dads"

RB, I'm still chuckling at the tie wrap/zip tie in the young ladies hair. She is either a full blown Redneck, practicing to be a cop, or fore sure a gear head. Got to love the dad's response. :lol: Gear Head?

Sorry I haven't been around more, but my computer is giving me some major grief.
By rockclimber
Grump,

You may want to replace it. XP operating systems jus. are not secure. . You can pick up a new desk top probably for about what you might spend in repairs and parts may no longer be available.

http://www.overstock.com/#/Electronics/ ... ubcat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By redback
327retro wrote:Sorry I haven't been around more, but my computer is giving me some major grief.

Like the old saying goes " to err is human but to really fuck up you need a computer"....lol and when a computer fucks up they dont do it in half measures.
Mine was giving me a lot of grief a few weeks back. Ended up with just a blue screen an nuthin else. but its not what you know but who you know. The son of a girlfriend is a computer mechanic and he got it sorted out for me.
Didnt want to use him at 1st tho cause I got a couple pics of his mum on here and that could have been awkward if he found em. hehehe.
Turned out my hard drive was toast so he replaced it with a new one for about a 1/3 of the price. Lost his mums pics tho.
Pity you dont live a bit closer mate.....you could keep him busy while I replace those lost pics.....hehehe
RB, you are a man after my own heart, I've already instructed my family members that if they are shocked by what they find in my computer after my demise, it will be there own fault for rooting around in there!

My daughter was 15 when I became a single Dad, so at least I didn't have to get her ready for school, otherwise I probably would've been raiding the toolbox as well. Zip ties are probably cheaper than scrunchies anyway I would imagine!

Grumpy, don't you say a word, with two sons you have no idea what I'm talking about! LOL
By redback
Skeetz wrote:My daughter was 15 when I became a single Dad, so at least I didn't have to get her ready for school, otherwise I probably would've been raiding the toolbox as well. Zip ties are probably cheaper than scrunchies anyway I would imagine!

Grumpy, don't you say a word, with two sons you have no idea what I'm talking about! LOL

lol, I know what your sayin mate. I have a daughter but I never knew there might be fashion accessories in my tool box when she was growin up. Her mum might have something to say about it if I did tho. lol
When she was young she accompanied me to a truck show. Next day she had posters of trucks on her bedroom wall. Mum was not amused. lol
By 327retro
Net provider don't seem to understand English, antique computer still giving me grief. But I'm back for now.
By rockclimber
What are you running Grump, operating system processor model make?

You need windows 7 or 8 for security, the older stuff is vulnerable to data theft.
By redback
Hey Retro, I think I worked out what wrong with your computer. :lol:
Attachments
20130414_82f7.jpg
20130414_82f7.jpg (64.26 KiB) Viewed 102026 times
By 327retro
rockclimber wrote:What are you running Grump, operating system processor model make?

You need windows 7 or 8 for security, the older stuff is vulnerable to data theft.
An old HP standby updated with Dell Windows 7 after several crashes. But the poor thing is tired. But it's a big work station, maybe that's why it survived this long. In the process of building my own, although my first computer was a Dell and lasted for years. Should have stuck with them. HP is a waste of hard earned money. Note a windows dell system has keep this old gal working beyond her time. Although lately glitch after glitch.

Rock do you know anything about water marks, speaking about computer stuff.
By 327retro
redback wrote:Hey Retro, I think I worked out what wrong with your computer. :lol:
Now hold on one pea picking minute RB. :roll: Nothing filthy about a lovely Sheila showing off in nor out of her wares. Tutorials the ladies provide are for our edification after all. :D

Keeping in the Gear Head tradition. (hope this makes it)
Attachments
Keep Looking.jpg
Keep Looking.jpg (20.07 KiB) Viewed 101987 times
By redback
327retro wrote:
redback wrote:Hey Retro, I think I worked out what wrong with your computer. :lol:
Now hold on one pea picking minute RB. :roll: Nothing filthy about a lovely Sheila showing off in nor out of her wares. Tutorials the ladies provide are for our edification after all. :D

Keeping in the Gear Head tradition. (hope this makes it)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..
I hear you bro..
thats the kind of tradition I can live with.....
By 327retro
One of my loves in life. No this isn't mine but I have one in the process of being restored. Time and money needed.
Attachments
58_1.jpg
58_1.jpg (231.59 KiB) Viewed 101934 times
By Skeetz
Crotchety huh? That's the way us senior citizens get after 70. Your time is comin'!

Hey Grump, that looks an awful lot like the Matchless I laid down back in '62. I slid across the road and rolled up in a ball in the vineyard! When I saw what my leather jacket looked like after that little excursion, it scared the crap outta' me and I haven't been on a street bike since.

I sent you a PM to answer your question on CG's thread.
Eaten by Indigenous Natives

Mr Forbes has never been to New Guinea, nor has he[…]

She has since moved to Salt Lake and is with Hyund[…]

Date Sexy.

My wife’s choice of outfit to go to a small event […]

8th Amendment

Elkin, come on. You are smart enough to explore t[…]

Committee Suppressed

What adipose Milley heard is hardly germane. Who […]

Utterly absurd. Bill C paid 850,000 to Paula Jon[…]

We all remember that time Bruce Lee, who stood a s[…]

The role of Mr Forbes on this fine forum -- and in[…]