Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
By rockclimber
honora wrote:Let's see.....The Horny Hammer :mrgreen:

I know, real original! :lol:
Damn that's funny H!
By honora
Rock, I thought about taking a part time job some years ago at the adult superstore so I could get their big employee discount. I'm not sure I would turn down a job for quality control though; that would be loads of fun! :mrgreen:
By FastFive
honora wrote:Rock, I thought about taking a part time job some years ago at the adult superstore so I could get their big employee discount. I'm not sure I would turn down a job for quality control though; that would be loads of fun! :mrgreen:
:lol: That reminds me of a vid I saw a while back... a local comedienne (French) visited an adult store. It was hilarious, but unless you understand French the jokes would be lost. I'll try to find the link, but I can't remember where I saw it (but it wasn't YouTube). :?
By rockclimber
rockclimber wrote:

Damn that's funny H!
Hi
Attachments
IMG_20141126_160031.jpg
IMG_20141126_160031.jpg (16.28 KiB) Viewed 13805 times
By mrdangerous
DangerousDi wrote:Mr D: My husband likes to do it now and then, and I like it rather than the hair in my mouth when doing a blow job. Whoops maybe I answered that wrong. I have had mine bare for a long time. Why because I don't like to see gray hairs but mostly because my husband loves it. Now you have two sides. As for sensation, no difference for me.
My wife didn't like it because she didn't like the pre-pubescent look. She does keep hers shaved for me though. ;)
By rockclimber
honora wrote:Rock, I thought about taking a part time job some years ago at the adult superstore so I could get their big employee discount. I'm not sure I would turn down a job for quality control though; that would be loads of fun! :mrgreen:
It's a good discount too! My former partner had a sister in law who worked at one, she loved the job and made good use of the discounts as reported back to me lol!

Speaking of, I think I mentioned, but this is a great one!
Attachments
IMG_20141126_161024.jpg
IMG_20141126_161024.jpg (23.46 KiB) Viewed 13803 times
By FastFive
DangerousDi wrote:Mr D: My husband likes to do it now and then, and I like it rather than the hair in my mouth when doing a blow job.
I for sure don't want to end up with dental floss when going down on someone... :|
By rockclimber
rockclimber wrote:

Damn that's funny H!
I totally misread that! I thought you said hamster, and immediately thought of the ubiquitous Rabbit vibrator!!
I beg forgiveness, I has a surgery yesterday and still moving slowly. I had hamsters as a kid and they were endlessly hilarious with all the stuff they got into.
By rockclimber
Honora,

I sent your well wishes on to Skeetz. Let's hope he gets better soon.

:ugeek:
By honora
There wasn't even a HINT of a pre pubescent look when the guy I was with decided to change it up and shave. I don't understand people who look at it that way.
By honora
Rock, actually I was thinking you joking around at first. Best to wait until the pain meds have cleared before posting ;) (j/k) Hope your surgery went well and you heal quickly..
By Coffjr
Rock - I just logged on and read about Skeetz - my thoughts are with him. Please pass it on.
By Thumper
honora wrote:FF can you imagine being the person who has to think of a name for those things? I wonder what the Thor one would be - hmmm The Penetrator or the Toe Curler! :lol:
I can just see the advertising tag line...
"Our Hammer will make you very, very Thor!" :D :D :D
By Thumper
Rock, pass our best wishes on to Skeets through his daughter.
Lady T and I are thinking about him.
By Thumper
I posted this on Jeny's thread, since she asked for requests, but thought I'd repeat it here.....
Thumper wrote: Requests...hmmmm

You certainly knocked the Bathtub request out of the park! Damn that was good!
More requests....let's see...

Still hoping for Daisy Dukes. Leather miniskirt and FM boots are always good, too.

Oh Oh Oh...and here's a request for you, and also for Honora, Manda, and Jess....lets see an erotic vid of the COFFettes doing stripteases to these two songs...

Hoochie Coochie Man, Jeff Healey
Buttons, PCD

Lets see y'all get your DIRTY GRRRL on!
Whaddaya say, ladies? Christmas present for COFF?
By FastFive
I had to Google "diverticulitis"... yikes, sounds rough. Hope he's okay getting through that.
By mandadees
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Xoxo

Skeeter, stay strong and get better soon!! Xoxoxo
By mrdangerous
honora wrote:There wasn't even a HINT of a pre pubescent look when the guy I was with decided to change it up and shave. I don't understand people who look at it that way.
We had two boys under the age of ten. I guess the size difference still couldn't overcome the mental comparison. :roll:
By mrdangerous
Thumper wrote:I posted this on Jeny's thread, since she asked for requests, but thought I'd repeat it here.....
Thumper wrote: Requests...hmmmm

Oh Oh Oh...and here's a request for you, and also for Honora, Manda, and Jess....lets see an erotic vid of the COFFettes doing stripteases to these two songs...

Hoochie Coochie Man, Jeff Healey
Buttons, PCD

Lets see y'all get your DIRTY GRRRL on!
Whaddaya say, ladies? Christmas present for COFF?
This brings to mind a question: Any of you ladies ever participate in an "Amateur Night" at a Gentleman's Club? A Facebook friend of mind "liked" a strip club and the pic it brought up was an ad for an amateur night contest, and it got me wondering; does anyone actually try that, or do they contract some professionals to play amateurs for the night?
By Thinker
FastFive wrote:
DangerousDi wrote:Mr D: My husband likes to do it now and then, and I like it rather than the hair in my mouth when doing a blow job.
I for sure don't want to end up with dental floss when going down on someone... :|
That was the standard when I was young and nobody trimmed. I just expected to get hair.
By Jess
Thinker wrote:
FastFive wrote:
That was the standard when I was young and nobody trimmed. I just expected to get hair.
Always fun to explain the hair caught in your braces to your parents :D
By Jess
Thinker wrote:
FastFive wrote:
By Jess
Thinker wrote:
FastFive wrote:
By Thinker
I never had braces so that wasn't a problem for me. I would just stop every now and then and remove the hair...and get back to work!
By Natasha
It's been a long time since I've logged into the Town Hall and when I finally do I read that Skeetz has been in the hospital having surgery. :shock: :( Thankfully I found out after the fact and he's reportedly doing ok. :D He's been in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you well Skeetz and offer any of my exxxtra "special"(for clarification of "special" see the fine print at the bottom of the page) services to aid you in a speedy recovery. *WEG*

Thanks to Rock for mentioning he saw I'd posted and for adding a few shots from the wiki pages to his comment. Mostly, thanks for welcoming me back after being gone for so long. Did I read you had surgery too? Hope you're taking it easy, do take care. That offer for my exxxtra "special" services to aid a speedy recovery go out to you as well Rock.

Sorry for interrupting the thread about pubic hair......you never know what you guys will be talking about! LOL! :lol:
I've sure missed this place!

"special"....limited to, anything I say goes butt..... that is all inclusive, subject to approval. Results not typical. hehehehe!
By rockclimber
Coffjr wrote:Rock - I just logged on and read about Skeetz - my thoughts are with him. Please pass it on.
I'll do just that bro, hopefully he's better today, three days post should be better but probably still in house.
By rockclimber
Natasha wrote:It's been a long time since I've logged into the Town Hall and when I finally do I read that Skeetz has been in the hospital having surgery. :shock: :( Thankfully I found out after the fact and he's reportedly doing ok. :D He's been in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you well Skeetz and offer any of my exxxtra "special"(for clarification of "special" see the fine print at the bottom of the page) services to aid you in a speedy recovery. *WEG*

Thanks to Rock for mentioning he saw I'd posted and for adding a few shots from the wiki pages to his comment. Mostly, thanks for welcoming me back after being gone for so long. Did I read you had surgery too? Hope you're taking it easy, do take care. That offer for my exxxtra "special" services to aid a speedy recovery go out to you as well Rock.

Sorry for interrupting the thread about pubic hair......you never know what you guys will be talking about! LOL! :lol:
I've sure missed this place!

"special"....limited to, anything I say goes butt..... that is all inclusive, subject to approval. Results not typical. hehehehe!
Nurse Natasha! I think I need some of that..... Special. Care...... Might take a looonngg time though to get the kinks out...... I'm very kinky, Rofl!

PS, glad not to have to worry about any stray hairs there sexy!!
By Natasha
KINKY....that's my specialty! Whoops you said "kinks"...hehehe! I can get rid of those for you too if that's what you'd like Rock!
Still barely any hair there but if you go north instead of the direct route south you'll run into a little tuft! I gotta have something to play with on the outside too! ;)
By rockclimber
Natasha wrote:KINKY....that's my specialty! Whoops you said "kinks"...hehehe! I can get rid of those for you too if that's what you'd like Rock!
Still barely any hair there but if you go north instead of the direct route south you'll run into a little tuft! I gotta have something to play with on the outside too! ;)
I do so like a tiny "tugging tuft..." I prefer waxed bare but a cute little tuft maybe an inch square or so.....? Something to. Lead you around by perhaps, just a tad of my Dom side showing.....

I had a girl who put a berette in hers once. A little plastic bow berette clip; it was sexy as hell..... Lacy anklets with CFM heels.... It was a great look and even better evening.....

I'm always in need of working my kinkies out, helping hands and other body parts are always appreciated! We might need help though......

:oops:
By Thinker
Natasha, welcome! I am glad to meet you. Don't remember you on these forums before. I need to have surgery too so that I can get some of that special treatment from you.

On second thought, I hate surgery. Do you have preventative services? I would love to receive a massage to work out my kinks...have something that could benefit being straightened out. he-he I could even give you a massage as part of my aerobic conditioning.
By Jbe
I am crawling out of my cave long enough to make a semi-snarky comment. If I offend anyone, please know it is not my intention.

Back in the pre-crash days, the original COFF Town Hall thread was created (by me if memory serves) as a place we could all hang out and chat in between comments on threads for contris. Over time a few other threads were started... such as the Groaner Jokes... COFF on the Barbie... Gearheads and maybe some others.

After the crash when the boards finally got back into some semblance of order those threads were re-created along with a few others. Personally I think it is great as it provides a nice forum for people to come together and chat. But what seems to have been forgotten is what these boards were and are for. "Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots, Freestyle..." etc.

I did a quick count (may not be exact) of threads started by my two "personas"- Jbe and Greydawg (though the later has been retired) and I found that I started approximately 1/3 of the Private Shots threads, almost 1/2 of the Freestyle threads, about 1/3 of the Nude in Public threads and almost 1/2 of the Erotic Video threads. When you look at the number of people commenting on those threads that puts me well in the majority of starting threads.

I remember back in the pre-crash days when it was almost a race to see who could start a thread first for a contri. It was almost a privilege to start a thread and most of the ladies would join in on the thread and be honored it was started for them.

Since I stepped back a month or so ago very few threads have been started for contris and very few invitations have been extended. I noticed at least three "veterans" that did not get threads started for them. Gattina, Petula and Natasha... and there are probably more.

C'mon guys and gals, these ladies deserve to have threads started and recognized not only for their courage to put themselves out there but for making this world a better and more beautiful place. I have no problem with all the other social threads we have going here, but let's not forget what the boards are about.

Off my soapbox. If you have differing thoughts feel free to express them.
By Jess
I don't think thats a snarky comment at all, semi or otherwise.

I think its a valid observation and also a pretty accurate one. I've noticed quiet boards lately, too. In fact sometimes it seems like this is the only thread that moves, and even that has slow periods lasting for days. All one has to do is check out the dates of ltast comments in the different categorues to see that.

Some of this can be attributed to the contributors themselves. When's the last time we saw Gattina respond on the boards? Or Elise? Nicole? Alexa? Some of the newer stars have never commented at all.

VW needs to ask why. Is it poor marketing? Snarky or negative comments? General apathy? Its tough to start a thread with the notion that the model will never respond, or even see it.

That said, I agree with you, John. We have to start by opening the door. Hopefully some people will then walk through it.
By mandadees
Hey there,

I only have a few minutes but Natasha, I'm so glad to see you again. I haven't checked contri but I'll get to it promise. John, you're loved, muah ! Don't hide in a hole! Xoxo

Gtg, anyone watching Florida and Florida? Great game, UF is holding up but I will lose a bet if they win and I hate to lose!

Gtg xoxo :lol:
By Thinker
Manda, what is your bet? Will we see the pictures? *hope*hope*hope*

I will have to apologize for not starting threads. I used to like doing that. I got busy, with life, and stopped looking at the pictures...except the ones posted here. I think I got overdosed on seeing T&A. The pictures were not "doing" anything for me.

However, the forums were interactive. I liked posting and reading the posts by others. I loved being creative writing my posts trying to get as many puns and double entendres in them.
By Jbe
Jess, I haven't really had much of a chance to chat with you since you came on board but thanks for your comments. You also have some very valid questions and some that I have been wondering myself.

As far as Gattina... she used to come on to the bb's all the time- pre crash. I'm not sure but I think her most recent contri was only the second time she had been back and the first was a shoot with Vienna that was actually Vienna's contri. But I could be wrong. Maybe she would have joined the boards if a thread had been started and an invitation had been extended.

Nicole and Alexa also used to join the boards as well. So did Vienna. Why don't they anymore? Beats me. Elise also used to join in here but now just hangs out on the other side. I heard some stories as to why she no longer frequents here but they were just stories. All I know is that she stopped- so I quit starting threads for her- which is sad cuz she was always a fav. Like you said, why bother to start a thread if the lady won't join the conversation?!

Jess, you are also correct in that some of the newer "stars" have never commented at all. When I see a contri I think is "worthy" of a thread I'll look to see if they reply on the contri comments section. If they do, I will start a thread and then leave an invite on their contri. That's how Petula, Jeny, HomeGirlSexy and HappyGal (where did she disappear to?) and some others found their way over.

Over the years I've found that not all ladies will join the bb's even after being invited. I'm sure bad comments on the contri has something to do with it. The interesting thing about it is that there is rarely a negative comment to a contri posted here on the bb's. And some of the ladies are "professional amateurs"- meaning they post on multiple amateur sites and are primarily in it for the prize money. They don't comment at all.

I've tried several times to get VW to "advertise" the boards more to get more ladies involved. But from what I've been told the powers that be at VW don't really care much about doing that. Why? I dunno. Maybe it's because they derive no income from the free side and would rather focus on the area they do make money. Makes sense... but it's the free side that initially attracts people who then go over to paying side.

There are also hundreds of people who comment on contris but very few that make the effort to come to the boards to have more in-depth chats. I've never figured that out either. My guess is that a lot of people- and contributors- just don't know about the boards. Again, why can't VW advertise it more?

Thinker, you also did start a few threads. I understand the part about life and not looking at the pics. Some of the contris aren't all that great. But this is an amateur site. However, you'd think that contributors would look at some of the better contris as examples. There have been some top-notch contris because the GWC's knew what they were doing. But they also were often accused of being pros. So a lot of them are gone.

That's also a fact of this site. There is a huge turnover here for lots of different reasons. Bad and rude comments by juvenile people (which harkens to Fast's recent thread) which has been a problem for as long as I've been here. Some ladies get bored and move on. Some think they are getting too old- which I've found is not the case IMHO. After the crash a lot of ladies went to the other site and have not been back... though a few have been trickling back.

Sorry, it seems I got back on my soapbox. I do that sometimes. Time to STFU. I've ranted enough. :oops: :roll:
By Natasha
"Rockclimber wrote....
I do so like a tiny "tugging tuft..." I prefer waxed bare but a cute little tuft maybe an inch square or so.....? Something to. Lead you around by perhaps, just a tad of my Dom side showing.....

I had a girl who put a berette in hers once. A little plastic bow berette clip; it was sexy as hell..... Lacy anklets with CFM heels.... It was a great look and even better evening.....

I'm always in need of working my kinkies out, helping hands and other body parts are always appreciated! We might need help though......

hehehe! Rock, Not sure that tiny tuft is long enough for you to lead me around by but..... if I get your nose close enough, maybe I can lead YOU around a while. hehe! Can't tell what side that came from!

A barrette in her bush?! Wow that could become a trend! LOL! I can only imagine with your kinky attitude how the night went! :twisted: Maybe I should let mine grow and try pig tails instead of waxing myself bare, to get your attention. ;)

I'm here for you Rock, just call when you have a kink and I'll be there to lend a helping hand and any other body part that might help! *EG*
"Thinker said....Natasha, welcome! I am glad to meet you. Don't remember you on these forums before. I need to have surgery too so that I can get some of that special treatment from you.

On second thought, I hate surgery. Do you have preventative services? I would love to receive a massage to work out my kinks...have something that could benefit being straightened out. he-he I could even give you a massage as part of my aerobic conditioning.
Hi Thinker,
Thanks for the welcome, good to meet you too. It's been a long time since I've been on the forums. No need for you to subject yourself to surgery. I'm happy to send some special treatment your way, you can call it "preventative services" or whatever you like. hehe! Now this is where you can save on cost..... "I could even give you a massage as part of my aerobic conditioning."....depending on how good your massage is WILL determine a lot! *WEG* Oh did I forget to mention cost.....hehehehehe! J/K since you're my new acquaintance, I won't charge for "preventative services" THIS time. :lol:
"Mandadees said.....Hey there,

I only have a few minutes but Natasha, I'm so glad to see you again. I haven't checked contri but I'll get to it promise. John, you're loved, muah ! Don't hide in a hole! Xoxo

Gtg, anyone watching Florida and Florida? Great game, UF is holding up but I will lose a bet if they win and I hate to lose!

Gtg xoxo :lol:
Hi Manda,

I'm glad to be back too! Thanks for checking out our contri and leaving me a message. I didn't see the Florida vs. Florida game but did you see the Ohio State vs. Michigan game? That one ended just the way I like, with the Buckeyes on top! :D I hate to lose too!

Hi John,

Good to be back seeing you up on your soap box! Speaking of threads, thanks for starting one for me in Freestyle section. I don't have time right now but I'll be back to reply later.
By Coffjr
Hi Natasha. It has been a long time and you were very much missed - your humor (wit) and of course your body. I'm glad to not only see your contri (I left a comment) but to also see you here. I've backed off some, not looking at the postings every day. I've also backed off in making comments - but you might just stimulate my attention again or is that get me to attention again? ;) Oh, and there is no might about it. :D The little tuft is just fine and gives me a starting point going south.....

Great to see you back John and I understand. I've only started a few threads - all before the crash. But again, I've backed off some lately and having started any threads. I also wonder why the ladies don't respond or stopped responding. It was always fun to get a response from them - especially those who like to tease back. Now we all do know that Trinity has had computer problems so that is why she hasn't been active - I'm sure she will be back once she gets a new computer. John - don't be a stranger.

Lets see Florida St vs Florida. Ohio State vs. Michigan. Mine team had a lousy year, lost several games we should have won. Then this last one we started the 3rd string QB - he got hurt on the 3rd play of the game, back to #2 who was already injured and got hurt again. Finished with #1 who had a bad shoulder and ankle - at least he threw for a touchdown. There's always next year......
By honora
First of all I want to say HI to lovely Natasha! Glad to see that you are back! I had to catch up on the contri's but I did see yours :D I just love those crotchless fishnets!

John, I was about to email you to try to find out why I haven't seen you lately here - I thought you were on a trip or something? Anyways I am VERY happy to see you again and I don't think there was any snarky comment there, just an observation and needed time on that soapbox ;)

I admit that most days, I don't even go through the contris on the main page, and instead just come directly to the forums! I have started a few in the past but like you said, it doesn't make it as fun if the model doesn't ever respond. had NO idea Gattina had posted!! I had to go back and find her contri, otherwise I would have definitely started one for her. It seems the top models will talk to their fans more on the other explicit side.

I do wonder, if this thread (and a few others) would be better posted in the General Forum instead of Private Shots, since probably more newbies will be viewing the General one first. But I'm sure you can't just "move" a thread and I think it's moving alright where it is. Judging by the views, I wish more would join in.

Please don't go John, stay and make it worthwhile for all of those who miss you!!
By rockclimber
honora wrote:First of all I want to say HI to lovely Natasha! Glad to see that you are back! I had to catch up on the contri's but I did see yours :D I just love those crotchless fishnets!

John, I was about to email you to try to find out why I haven't seen you lately here - I thought you were on a trip or something? Anyways I am VERY happy to see you again and I don't think there was any snarky comment there, just an observation and needed time on that soapbox ;)

I admit that most days, I don't even go through the contris on the main page, and instead just come directly to the forums! I have started a few in the past but like you said, it doesn't make it as fun if the model doesn't ever respond. had NO idea Gattina had posted!! I had to go back and find her contri, otherwise I would have definitely started one for her. It seems the top models will talk to their fans more on the other explicit side.

I do wonder, if this thread (and a few others) would be better posted in the General Forum instead of Private Shots, since probably more newbies will be viewing the General one first. But I'm sure you can't just "move" a thread and I think it's moving alright where it is. Judging by the views, I wish more would join in.

Please don't go John, stay and make it worthwhile for all of those who miss you!!
^^ what they all said.....

Honestly we get busy and do the best we can. If you see a contri start a thread.

I really haven't done invites, you're better at it so please continue. I worked ten days straight before Thanksgiving and start 14-16 tomorrow.

This is my start point. The invites and thread starts are appreciated. If the ladies respond all the better.

More in a bit......
By rockclimber
Very sexy Propic Honora! I like the little bit of Kink, I think Natasha will like it too!!
By FastFive
honora wrote: I do wonder, if this thread (and a few others) would be better posted in the General Forum instead of Private Shots, since probably more newbies will be viewing the General one first. But I'm sure you can't just "move" a thread and I think it's moving alright where it is. Judging by the views, I wish more would join in.
Actually you can. Threads can be moved, split into two or three parts (if you're trying to keep things on topic), they can be locked, redirected, etc etc. I'm a moderator on a forum elsewhere with enough activity to make it almost a part-time job. Keeping threads on topic, where they belong, appropriate content, dousing flame wars... never ending. :lol:

There just doesn't seem to be much moderation (interest) by the powers that be around here though. :|
By honora
^^^I didn't know you could do that ;) Being a moderator does seem like quite a bit of work if it's a busy forum.

I wish these forums were advertised better on the main page. It would be nice to have it back to where it was a few years ago.

Like John had mentioned sometime ago regarding the main page layout: does there REALLY need to be 6 photos of boobs and butts for the flash sections?? A few of those asses are the same ass, and the pics haven't changed in a long time :roll:

I think a makeover is in order ;) I'll help out if they would let me!
By FastFive
honora wrote:I think a makeover is in order ;) I'll help out if they would let me!
They could just put a lot of you on the front page... that'd be my kinda' makeover. :D
By Jbe
You were about to e-mail me, Miss H? Damn... I should have waited a little longer before getting on the soap box. It would have been nice to get a mail from you. ;)

Honora, you have a valid point about whether the Town Hall thread would be better posted in the General Forum. It might be more seen by people and would possibly attract more comments. It's hard to say. The funny thing about the forums is that each section seems to have it's own "following" and there isn't a lot of crossover. Oddly enough, it seems to me that the people that hang out and comment on the Contribution Sections are the most likely to post comments in other sections.

Maybe a lot of lurkers think we are some exclusive club here but that is definitely NOT the case. Any and all are welcome. I think about the only rule we have here is to be respectful of each other. Most of the time that is adhered to, but occasionally it isn't. :roll:

Honora, I have made the suggestion several times to better advertise the Forums on the main page. But my comments seem to have fallen on deaf ears. I often wonder how aware most viewers and contributors even are of the Forums. Occasionally you will see a comment from someone who just "discovered" the bb's. "Wow, I never knew this was even here!"

Thanks for remembering my comment about the main page layout. I really think the boob and butt flashes are over advertised for what they provide. Honestly, I don't even look at them unless someone brings a specific one to our attention.

Fast, you are correct about the apparent lack of interest by the powers that be. Like someone said recently (paraphrasing), "That can be a good thing as it gives us a little more freedom." But it also seems like we are treated like the red-headed stepchild... and that is in no way intended to be derogatory towards our resident red-heads. The last thing I want to do is find the wrath of the red-heads directed at me. :o :o
By FastFive
honora wrote:I wish these forums were advertised better on the main page. It would be nice to have it back to where it was a few years ago.
It's fairly clear that these forums aren't the main focus of the powers that be at VW. There are over twenty-three thousand registered users here, but barely a dozen who post regularly.

I'd also hazard a guess and say that 50% or more are actually just spam accounts, if the membership here follows the membership trend of the forum I actually work for. We delete half (or more sometimes) of the "people" that join within the first 24 hours of membership because it's clear before they even post that they're just a spam account looking to post ads in the forums. Our membership is just over 32,000, all of which are real people because we don't even activate an account until the member has filled out their profile in a way that makes sense. (The spam accounts just fill in gibberish.)

Another problem with these forums is that someone who joins, posts, replies, etc doesn't see anything for their first 10 posts. They probably figure something's wrong, leave, and never come back. If the VW people promoted the forum, and allowed people to post right away it would certainly help forum traffic. However, that would mean someone needs to be keeping an eye on the forum nearly 24/7 to avoid the place becoming a mess.

The forum I moderate is led by one guy who almost never sleeps, and two moderators... myself, and another who's in a completely different time zone, almost half way around the world. Between the 3 of us the boards are covered all the time, and therefore the user experience for our members is pretty clean... they almost never see a spam post since we get 95% of them before even validating their membership, and for the few that manage to get through, we see their spam posts immediately, delete them, and nix the account.
By rockclimber
Howdy everyone,

I just wanted to leave a quick note explaining why I have been pulling older threads up to the top of the list.

Private shots is limited to 6 pages of threads. As we post new threads the older ones fall off the end and are lost.

I've been going to the last two pages five and six and looking for threads that I felt were worth retrieving and reposting them or bumping them as it were.

If anyone wants to help in the task, I appreciate it.

besides it's a great way to revisit a contributor's works and renew the effort to get them to come and chat.

Just a reminder, if you see a great contri, vote it, comment it, copy the link and post it here in the town hall or the North Pole thread. That is what it's designed for, somewhat.....

If you have enough time, go ahead and make a unique thread for that contributor. Please go ahead and do it, we all appreciate the efforts.

there actually is a thread that was started by a contributor in private shots and for the life of me I cannot find the contribution anywhere if anyone else can please go ahead and post a link and maybe a pic from it?

I'm sure the contributors following their own thread and they'll see the activity.

Enjoy!
By FastFive
rockclimber wrote:Private shots is limited to 6 pages of threads. As we post new threads the older ones fall off the end and are lost.
I see 7 pages.

In any case, who instituted a stupid limit like that? The Political section is up to 91 pages.... but the forum talking about the primary contribution of VW has a limit? :roll:
By rockclimber
good point, I know the political section is set up differently from all the rest and its excluded from some statistical compilations of members contributions.

I don't remember the details but I remember long discussions with Kiki about exactly that. Given that set of facts, it should be possible to increase the number of threads that are allowed within private shots.

Feel free to send Diego an email. If several people do it might get changed.

Of course there was intent to defraud. Can't you[…]

Eaten by Indigenous Natives

Yes, thanks to johnforbes for admitting (finally) […]

8th Amendment

And despite all your blather, johnny, the truth o[…]

An Email from Joe Canadian

Amen, there really is a lot of space vacant in the[…]

Climate Corps

Just when you thought the federal govt couldn't co[…]

Date Sexy.

My wife took advantage of a cold snap to pull out […]

My wife is similarly coy about her life before she[…]