Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
Duffy live.....

She has a sound I kind of like..... See what you all think?

Duffy - Mercy - Live BBC One Sessions - 720p HD:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8-)

As an aside, I attached images two different ways, but that I'll put in the How to thread...

RC

8-)
Attachments
IMG_20141011_075215.jpg
IMG_20141011_075215.jpg (142.64 KiB) Viewed 22451 times
It's that time of year again......

Original GhostBusters Theme Song:

My favorite costume from college, I think I used a portable vacuum hose, Chem lab goggles and a ton of duct tape to finish it off!

Oh the hangover!
Attachments
IMG_20141012_073459.jpg
IMG_20141012_073459.jpg (120.67 KiB) Viewed 22439 times
IMG_20141012_073351.jpg
IMG_20141012_073351.jpg (49.29 KiB) Viewed 22439 times
IMG_20141012_073430.jpg
IMG_20141012_073430.jpg (135.33 KiB) Viewed 22439 times
I seriously need a concert partner... missing The Pretty Reckless next month, and Phantogram is here in December too. I think in the last few weeks I've been listening to them more than anything else, and I really want to get to their concert, even more than TPR. Need to find a way to make that work! :roll: Hell at this rate I'll go on my own.
So good!

Just don't watch the Fall In Love video if you think you might be prone to any type of seizures induced by flashing lights. :?
Can I get a bass line...?
Attachments
IMG_20141026_000733.jpg
IMG_20141026_000733.jpg (160.57 KiB) Viewed 22384 times
Got it......

And the video... Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass:

I like the song, it's cute and fresh. I don't feel like it has staying power, but it does fit well with the memes, so smile! It's Sunday!!

:mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_20141026_083002.jpg
IMG_20141026_083002.jpg (274.72 KiB) Viewed 22381 times
Ok... this isn't like my usual Music Room posts, but I couldn't resist. :lol:

Anyone who knows me knows how much I utterly despise corporate, over-produced (Autotune anyone? :roll:) formulaic pop and R&B. One of my biggest musical pet peeves is artists who feel they have to say their own name in every song they sing. It's a level of narcissism and self indulgence that I cannot stand.

With that said... Bo Burnham - Repeat Stuff

A little dark satire, a little social commentary, and a little Satan worship. :twisted:
How apropos for Samhain!

Ha ha hahaha
Ok... a real Music Room post now:

I was just about to shut down my comp and leave for the day when this came on...

My Name is Jonas

Could I leave the office now?

No, of course not.

Volume UP!

Gotta' sing it at the top of my lungs (horribly off-key, of course) and then I'll go home. :D
And just because I'm in a late 90s alt metal mood...

Space Lord

And then, because I haven't had a good night's sleep in about a week and a half:

Wynona's Nig Brown Beaver :lol: (the more sleep deprived you are, the funnier this song and video gets)

Ok, time for me to sleep. Hopefully for 6 or 7 consecutive hours (novel idea, I know).
Bad link for mobile,

Here is is live and plays mobile.....

Weezer - My Name is Jonas - LIVE:

:ugeek:
rockclimber wrote:Bad link for mobile,

Here is is live and plays mobile.....

Weezer - My Name is Jonas - LIVE:

I always liked this one :) TY RC :)
Rock, I could go on more about the subject but I am soooo tired of hearing "All About That Bass"...besides it is played every 15 minutes on local radio, I actually decided to watch the video and it bothers me that it features a morbidly obese dancer totally dissing (even with hand motion) a very fit and healthy looking woman! (yes, being too skinny is NOT healthy either)

While some people with a little extra weight do just fine in life...what they are doing in the video is a contradiction of the stigma of overweight people...making it seem like thin people are not healthy or sexy. Many people don't understand the proven risks that being overweight can lead to a number of health disorders and conditions. Ok I'm done now lol! :lol:
honora wrote:Rock, I could go on more about the subject but I am soooo tired of hearing "All About That Bass"...besides it is played every 15 minutes on local radio, I actually decided to watch the video and it bothers me that it features a morbidly obese dancer totally dissing (even with hand motion) a very fit and healthy looking woman! (yes, being too skinny is NOT healthy either)

While some people with a little extra weight do just fine in life...what they are doing in the video is a contradiction of the stigma of overweight people...making it seem like thin people are not healthy or sexy. Many people don't understand the proven risks that being overweight can lead to a number of health disorders and conditions. Ok I'm done now lol! :lol:

Honora,

I couldn't agree more! I got a kick out of the memes myself.

I love Star Wars! I even own light sabres, he he. Like you I was surprised to see the video and didn't even bother to finish it.

I have a friend who is a bikini model and gets the reverse stigma a lot for being thin and fit.

I wish I had more time to work out myself but I'm getting there. The problems with food quality, as Manda is always harping on, seeing, are manifest. And fitness as well. I have to add your yoga pic was a huge turn on, sexy and Sultry fit.

I kept trying to peek under the top! More Please! Consider that a Cheeky beg!

All the girls music is pretty much the same... I'm over it too.

star Wars, on the other hand, NEVER gets old!!
I just don't get the "Bass" song. It's a catchy tune, but how does bass and treble get juxtaposed next to body acceptance? And the music doesn't have huge bass in it. I saw one song where a gal did the song while strumming a Bass (yes, the big upright guitar!). Now that was funny.
rockclimber wrote:
I love Star Wars! I even own light sabres, he he. Like you I was surprised to see the video and didn't even bother to finish it.
Leia with the gold bikini.....mmmmmmmm!
Yes yes yes, we all know the gold bikini thing.

But I have to wonder this....is it just me, or is Darth Vader the biggest phallic symbol in movie history? Seriously, he looks like a big black penis walking around! The helmet CANNOT have been designed that way by accident! And then he has a bunch of smaller, white penis-heads running around in front of him!
Thumper wrote:
rockclimber wrote:
Leia with the gold bikini.....mmmmmmmm!
Oh yeah, that whole submissive slave girl thing totally went past me (surprise) when I first got into Star Wars. I was so swept up in the Sci if! I actually had five light sabres at one time including a red double Sith one.

The bass memes really made me laugh! As for the song, her voice is cool but the video is a turn off. Much as it is for Honora. It's a lot like Metric's Bad Kitten video. Which she may disagree or agree on, but it grossed me out. A total turn off. Which is huge for me given how much I like the group.

Leia, Def! Leave the top off though.....
Thinker wrote:It's a catchy tune, but how does bass and treble get juxtaposed next to body acceptance?
Bass (low frequency) is fat, treble (high frequency) is skinny.

The song is basically the 2014 version of Baby Got Back
FastFive wrote:
Thinker wrote:It's a catchy tune, but how does bass and treble get juxtaposed next to body acceptance?
Bass (low frequency) is fat, treble (high frequency) is skinny.

The song is basically the 2014 version of Baby Got Back
I had no clue...nor would ever have had...that Bass=Fat and Treble=Skinny.

Not surprising...just found out last month what Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is about!
Jess wrote:Yes yes yes, we all know the gold bikini thing.

But I have to wonder this....is it just me, or is Darth Vader the biggest phallic symbol in movie history? Seriously, he looks like a big black penis walking around! The helmet CANNOT have been designed that way by accident! And then he has a bunch of smaller, white penis-heads running around in front of him!
Ah yes, I see it now....
Attachments
IMG_20141103_212530.jpg
IMG_20141103_212530.jpg (226.2 KiB) Viewed 22278 times
IMG_20141103_211541.jpg
IMG_20141103_211541.jpg (225.41 KiB) Viewed 22278 times
IMG_20141103_211619.jpg
IMG_20141103_211619.jpg (330.47 KiB) Viewed 22278 times
And this hot one......!

The hotness is strong in this one.......

Thank you photoshop.....
Attachments
IMG_20141103_213412.jpg
IMG_20141103_213412.jpg (192.37 KiB) Viewed 22278 times
honora wrote:Lessons in physics and Star Wars pics...I love VW :D
He he..... Even a little music now and again......

This fits....

Star Wars Theme Song By John Williams:
Meanwhile back on Earth.......

Here is something I stumbled on, she is absolutely beautiful, ethereal..... Need I say more?

Her "Danny Boy" had me feeling mellow and sent me off in search of a sip of Jamesons....

She's an amateur by the way

http://open.spotify.com/artist/6gbKfMFg ... lXU?ref=wp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See what you think?

:D
Sorry...one last Star Wars thing... I can't believe it never occurred to me before, but when you say it out loud, Leia's name kind of fits with the whole Darth Vader phallic symbol thing.

Ewwwww,no wait! He's her father! No, it doesn't! Forget I said anything!

Lucas, you SICK BASTARD!!!!
Sorry...one last Star Wars thing... I can't believe it never occurred to me before, but when you say it out loud, Leia's name kind of fits with the whole Darth Vader phallic symbol thing.

Ewwwww,no wait! He's her father! No, it doesn't! Forget I said anything!

Lucas, you SICK BASTARD!!!!
Need a little action to help push through your Tuesday afternoon? Is your day not feeling dramatic enough for you?

I've got the cure: Varien - Pick Your Poison Vol. 2

Everything you need to make an epic soundtrack for the rest of your day! Play this while you're going to get a coffee. It will without a doubt be more thrilling. Stuck in traffic? This will make it all feel more suspenseful. Washing dishes? Cleaning our your refrigerator? It's never been this intense!

Aliens invading? Skynet threatening to destroy or enslave humanity? Zombie warfare? A black-hole about to swallow the galaxy and end life in the universe as we know it?

You've got the playlist for that right here! :mrgreen:
I haven't made a serious contribution to this thread for a while... so here's a good one.

I first discovered The Glitch Mob in 2012 when one of their songs was picked for the DTM introduction of that year.

We Can Make the World Stop

Saw the video, heard the song... instantly loved it! As I'm sure is fairly evident by now, my taste in music is pretty heavy on the electronic side, so I've got quite a lot of it. But I hadn't enjoyed anything in the genre as much as TGM since The Crystal Method released Vegas (one of the greatest albums in the genre of all time) in 1997!

I bought their full length CD right away... Drink The Sea. There isn't a second of music on that entire album that I do not love! It's another of those rare albums that can be played from start to finish without me ever feeling like skipping a track.

The first two track sets you up really well... house beats, a little trance sounding, and the Glitch Mob's signature... amazing percussion, both electronic and real.

Animus Vox

Bad Wings

The really great thing about TGM is the versatility of their albums... some of their music straddles a line between clubbing, and sitting home alone with your feet up and an adult beverage in hand.

The equivocally named (and one of the best tunes on the album) How To Be Eaten By a Woman is next. Whether the song's about cannibalism, or fellatio... I'm not sure, but it's another amazing tune that leads you down two different paths at the same time.

Another one of the best songs is track 6 - Between Two Points feat. Swan. Soft, melodic vocals over slowed down percussion... the kind of song to just close your eyes and listen to, take in, enjoy.

Like I said before... there just isn't a bad track on the entire album. I don't think more than a week has ever gone by since I owned it that I haven't played at least a song or two from the album at work, at home, or in the car.

Drink The Sea (Full Album)

One of the really great things about TGM is how they put together a live set. Unlike most EDM musicians/producers (who just hide behind their keyboard, laptop, or Maschine on stage), The Glitch Mob turned their equipment towards their audience and physically perform the music they've produced. You can get a sample of their live show in this clip taken from a show they did a couple of years ago: The Glitch Mod - Live at Red Rocks. Also, hot girls on silks... what's not to like?

A more recent video showcasing their stage set: DILYSI & Skullclub
rockclimber wrote:And the video... Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass:

I like the song, it's cute and fresh. I don't feel like it has staying power, but it does fit well with the memes, so smile! It's Sunday!!
Here's a better version... Click me! :mrgreen: (Claire Grant in a corset doesn't hurt either...)
Whaaaa? You don't like fat Chicks with issues?

Funny, but Honora picked up on the under tone right away. I'm slow.......

Corsets are always a good look I think.... Star Wars and Corsets even better.....
honora wrote:Rock, I'm sorry but I've read your last post about 5 times over and I still don't get what you mean? Maybe it's just me though; it's been a long day...
I know that feeling honora... my whole week's been going that way. Sometimes I wish I still drank. :roll:

Hopefully it's nothing that can't be cured with a glass of wine and something to immerse yourself in.

Portishead - All Mine

I just rediscovered them on Spotify this aft... a group I'd totally forgotten about. I know for sure I had the CD back when it came out, but I guess I lost it at some point in time because I haven't heard them in years.

Sour Times

I see more iTunes purchases in my immediate future...

Numb
honora wrote:Rock, I could go on....

it bothers me that it features a morbidly obese dancer totally dissing (even with hand motion) a very fit and healthy looking woman! (yes, being too skinny is NOT healthy either)

((Good point, the fluffy guy was annoying))

While some people with a little extra weight do just fine in life...what they are doing in the video is a contradiction of the stigma of overweight people...making it seem like thin people are not healthy or sexy.

((agreed, I see this sort of social disapproval of attractive women quite often. Always by those who are not themselves.....))

Many people don't understand the proven risks that being overweight can lead to a number of health disorders and conditions.

((I couldn't agree more. I am a devotee of Manda and her focus on healthy eating. I can't believe the Crap I ate in college and prof school, residency and starting out finally.... Utter garbage just to keep going.....))

Ok I'm done now lol! :lol:
I missed the fat theme, as I said earlier. I replied above within the quote. The comment was directed toward the one above mine, not toward you. It has been a long day for me too!! I'm going to relax now that I'm finally home and maybe play with Winston for a while, he howled when I walked in the door again. Scrambling across the floor hell bent for leather to get to me for a hug and tussle.....

Hope that makes a bit more sense.....
Rediscovering a forgotten passion or interesting subject can be a mix of feelings, whistfulness, memories of another time or place, a chance to introduce your rediscovery with the friends you're with now.....

I've always loved Belinda Carlisle myself,

I rediscovered her by chance this week, this is one of my favorites.....

Belinda Carlisle - Summer Rain:

honora wrote:an extra long hot shower sounds REAL good to get rid of this brain fog I have ;) I'll take in those music selections too (only sampled them so far but they are very good)!

Have you seen the latest video from OK Go? Filmed by a drone, I was damn impressed by the last minute and a half!
OK Go - I Won't Let You Down

Me and showers are very good friends..... Lol. Honora, that video is great. I want one of those things now, they look like a lot of fun.

Their videos are great, I always find them surprising and far cleverer than anything I could think up!

honora wrote:FF, an extra long hot shower sounds REAL good to get rid of this brain fog I have ;) I'll take in those music selections too (only sampled them so far but they are very good)!

Have you seen the latest video from OK Go? Filmed by a drone, I was damn impressed by the last minute and a half!
OK Go - I Won't Let You Down
I just saw it a couple of days ago and I'd been meaning to post it here but I kept getting distracted by new/old interesting things on Spotify every day. :lol:

Honestly, when I first saw it I was a bit skeptical... how much was real vs. how much was computer generated. Then I thought, "it's Japan... anything could be real". I still think the final sequence (when it goes all dot matrix from about a mile up in the air) is animated. There's no way it could be real. Right?

The Making Of... I Won't Let You Down

You know what those Honda chairs remind me of though?

Enjoy the rest of your evening honora... hope that long hot shower worked some magic for ya'. ;)
Thanks Rock, for clarifying (and completely dissecting my post) :lol: I even messed up some wording on it, but the general thought was clear I think.

I haven't heard Belinda Carlisle in a long time but it brings back memories!
On the subject of the Blues Brothers...
mission from god.jpg
mission from god.jpg (221.25 KiB) Viewed 22106 times
If only it were always that easy!
It was done in Japan... so I really wouldn't put anything past them, not matter how far fetched it looks.
honora wrote:Thanks Rock, for clarifying (and completely dissecting my post) :lol: I even messed up some wording on it, but the general thought was clear I think.

I haven't heard Belinda Carlisle in a long time but it brings back memories!
Belinda was my drive music for a long time.... Here are a few links to a couple full albums and a single.

Heaven is a Place on Earth, Vinyl Rip

The Single, Little Black Book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9LgfgRkMhU

And one more full album,

Runaway Live 1990

Probably more than enough to listen too, but it's all good.... I need to read up and sample some of our choices here in the thread. This has turned out to be quite a bit of fun.....

(Your wording is fine, LOL I love the way you write. Flash too....) :lol: :lol: :lol:
honora wrote:FF, the ending does seem insane, especially when it involves a single take...I have a feeling it is real ;)
I'd go with real too, the vehicle moving to one side and the time speed up of the sequence, just looks real.
8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]