Discuss and interact with contributors and members about Private Shots.
Cornish Pasties?

Now that's a Freudian slip if I ever saw one. But who could blame you? My mind often wanders toward nipples when I'm writing to Manda, some sort of fixation I think. :)
Manda, you wanted healthy recipes. Here is one for Bran Muffins. It is great to wake up, turn on the oven and prepare the muffin tins (batter already made). You will finish by the time the oven is ready. Pop in the muffins and get ready for the morning. The muffins will be ready when you are!

Bran Muffins
(Batter keeps in frig for up to 6 weeks.)

2 c boiling water (microwave)
5 tsp baking soda
2 c sugar
4 eggs
4 c All-Bran
2 c 40 percent bran flakes
5 c all-purpose flour
1 qt buttermilk

Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water. Set aside to cool.

In a very large bowl (you are mixing 17 cups of ingredients), cream the butter and the sugar. Beat in the eggs.

Hand stir in the All-Bran, bran flakes, and AP flour. Add in the buttermilk. Finally, stir in the soda water.

Cover and store in frig for weeks.

Spray muffin tins with oil spray. Add batter and bake in 375* oven for 30 minutes. Turn out onto a tea towel and allow to cool upside-down (keeps bottom "crusty").
Thinker,

I wonder if you could cut the sugar somehow? I like the idea of keeping the batter ready to go though. I would probably save it for a special occasion like a family get together. :)

Have you ever tried to cut the sugar any?

They do look yummy though! :)

xo :lol:
Thinker's recipe does look tasty but I do agree with you, Manda, about cutting the sugar. The older I get and the more I get away from sugar, the less I want it. And when I do find a recipe that calls for sugar I usually will cut back on the amount and it often doesn't impact the taste all that much. But it might be my old taste buds.

Maybe you could try substituting applesauce in place of some of the sugar. I make my own and I use very little sugar in it and it tastes just fine. Or perhaps some ground/chopped dates or date sugar. Or perhaps some agave nectar. I know... it's still sugar but at least it's not refined sugar. Just a thought.
I can't take credit for this and I haven't tried it yet but it sounds pretty healthy and actually kind of good.

Blueberry Breakfast Cookies

Makes 9 cookies

Ingredients
• 2 ripe bananas, smashed
• 4oz container of unsweetened all-natural applesauce
• 1½ cups old fashioned oats
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
• ½ cup blueberries

Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Combine all ingredients together.
3. Scoop out onto a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
Attachments
cookies.jpg
cookies.jpg (97.21 KiB) Viewed 19721 times
Oh these look good!! I am adding this to my to do list! :)
Ripe bananas are really handy to keep, I freeze them when they get to a certain point and don't want to eat them so i have them handy.

Thank you Grey!! :)
I could just not sleep, so here is a fun recipe to try! xoxo

Whole Grain Waffles with Millet Sunflower Flax and Poppy Seeds

These waffles start with whole wheat flour and add in poppy seeds, roasted and salted sunflower seeds, uncooked millet and flax seeds, whole and ground. A waffle can be a fun breakfast finger food too if you go very sparing with your topping and butter when you serve which makes it something fun for a breakfast in bed or even on the porch.
This one has a goodly amount of butter in it just to warn. 
The recipe makes four small or two large portions. Multiply for more.

Ingredients

A Waffle Iron

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups lukewarm milk (I used 2% milk)
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons dry millet
3 tablespoons shelled roasted sunflower seeds (salted or unsalted)
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
1 tablespoons whole flax seeds

Directions

In a medium bowl, whip together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a small bowl, whip together egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.

Add the wet ingredients, all at once, to the dry ingredients. Stir together until all of the dry ingredients are moist. The batter may be lumpy. Lumps are ok, it makes it fun for your tongue. Add in your millet, sunflower seeds, poppy seeds, flax seed meal, and whole flax seeds. Whip to combine and try to beat most of the lumps out of the batter. Whip it, whip it good, ha ha! Now you can relax after and let the batter rest for 10 minutes while your waffle iron preheats.

For a fun twist, you can add minced fruits fresh or dried into the batter for different flavors. Blueberries are great antioxidants. Diced dates or apricots could be fun too. Mango or strawberries, would also be nice, just play with it, maybe add one thing to one waffle and something else to another?

Cook your waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions. Dense and seedy and small enough to hold makes for a fun meal for couples or children too. These are great fresh, but you can freeze them and put them in a toaster oven too. I like toppings of fruit compote or marmalade and/or maple syrup. You can lightly dust with powdered sugar or cinnamon too; or even almond butter if you like?

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Xoxo M

Hi crime partner, waves xoxo
I keep meaning to add a pic in here, have a waffle and a cocktail! :) :lol:
Attachments
Manda Baking Nut.jpg
Manda Baking Nut.jpg (10.07 KiB) Viewed 19674 times
Happy Mother's Day to all of you lovely ladies for who this is appropriate. Today I am making breakfast for my mother- and father since they come as a package. It's a simple menu- three kinds of crepes and bacon. The crepes are going to be topped with: strawberries and whipped crème, warm lingonberry sauce, honeyed bananas. The bacon will be baked- which doesn't make it more healthy but it sounds like it does. And let's face it, breakfast isn't complete without bacon. Sorry, Manda, but turkey bacon just doesn't cut it. ;)
Nothing to it, Thinker. The batter is almost the same as pancake batter just a lot thinner and they cook a lot quicker. Fold them and top them with whatever you want or roll them with filling inside or on top. They are very versatile and can be stuffed or topped with breakfast ingredients or dinner ingredients.
Grey, those Crepes look soo good! :) Lingonberry sauce you have to tell me more about? :)

Lingonberries are a small low bush berry that grows in the northern regions. They are very popular in Scandinavia and to me taste similar to fresh cranberry sauce. If you have Ikea stores in your area and they have the café, you can get them as a side dish to the meatball meal. They also are sold in the food section of Ikea. IHOP also serves them on their Swedish crepes. I found a jar of the sauce at World Market back in the specialty food section- if you have those wherever you are. Warm up the sauce and top it on crepes or pancakes or whatever you like. Good stuff!
Grey, I will have to check out Ikea, there is one near me. Thank you!!

Here are some ideas for fun foods for our Memorial Day, :)!!!

https://www.brightideaspress.com/2012/0 ... h-of-july/

:D :D :D
Attachments
patriotic-food-tray.jpg
patriotic-food-tray.jpg (46.45 KiB) Viewed 19590 times
The fourth is coming, they will really be a good fun fit then too!

Does anyone have any good fourth healthy recipes? :)
Hi Manda, remember me? Life seems to have taken a turn for the worse lately and I haven't been around for some time. I'm sorry that I don't have a recipe to post, but I can report that I went gluten free on 1/22/14 and have been faithful to it ever since. I've lost about 20 pounds since then (40 altogether). I'm working on a gluten free bread recipe--I really miss sandwiches! :cry:

Paul
mandadees wrote:What? This is an all bacon forum now? Lol

No one has any recipes? :(
Happy to oblige heh heh heh

Epic mealtime's Turbacon Thanksgiving special
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Paul!!!!!
congrats on getting healthier! Sorry to hear life has not been great. On the other hand...read my signature

Good to see you, bud.
Paul, all I can say is DON'T watch the video that Thumper posted! You'll keel over with a heart attack just watching it. :shock: :shock: :shock:

As totally unhealthy that it is, I sure would love to try a few bites of it. But when I do, please have the EMT's standing by, Thumper.
I just got home from the eye doctor and my vision was still blurry, so I decided to sneak a peak at the video. One thing for sure, they couldn't say "No animals were harmed in the filming of this video," ha ha. :o

Greydawg, I always thought Vanessab had the most gorgeous legs on VW at the time. And Gattina--well, she sure looked healthy!!
Paul, it seems you were reading my comments on Countrygal's contri. You are so right about Vanessab's legs... especially when she was wearing some of those CFMN heels. And Gattina- ohhhhh... to be eating Italian! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wait a minute- how did we go from talking about coffee and food to Vanessab's legs and eating at the Italian "Y"? :o :roll: :mrgreen:
Oh
My
God
!

Thumper!! That was insane! Did you see how it shrunk 2/3 with cooking, the thought of all that fat cooking out makes me shudder!!! LOL!! Now tell me your NOT eating like that?? Too too funny!!
Manda your comments prompted me to go back to that link my self . . .

I'm not sure if I should be upset with you for reminding me, or Thumper as the original linker. Yeah, OK, there's no contest there. Sorry Thumps, but I could never be upset with the ever magnanimous Manda.

So, here it is, Damn It Bro, that's just wrong! You've ruined my brunch plans! I Think I'll just skip it now and try to think of something more deliciously pleasant like those amazing Manda Boobs that I was asked to hold on my B'day.

You haven't forgotten that promise have you Ms M?
Some of those Bourbon recipes look good Grey, I liked the Grilled Romaine Salad With Bourbon-Braised Bacon recipe.
I'm not a bacon fan but I KNOW Thumper is!!! ROFL! :)
Some Peaches! :)

Florida Citrus–Peach Mint Julep

Ingredients for 10:

½ cup sugar
½ cup water
¾ cup peach nectar
¾ cup mint leaves
½ cup fresh peaches, chopped
4 cups Kentucky bourbon YES!
1 cup Florida orange juice THE BEST!
1 cup Florida grapefruit juice
Shaved ice
10 Florida orange slices, (Florida juice oranges work best) for garnish
Mint leaves, for garnish
Powdered sugar optional

Preparation:

Combine your sugar and water in small saucepan; simmer and stir to dissolve the sugar. Once done, put the syrup in the fridge to chill.

Combine peach nectar, mint leaves and peaches in cocktail shaker until you can smell the mint and peach. In large pitcher, combine muddled peach mixture, chilled syrup, GOOD Kentucky bourbon (Makers Mark or like), orange juice and grapefruit juice; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours until well chilled.

Fill a glass to the rim with shaved or crushed ice; pour in Florida Citrus-Peach Mint Julep. Add an orange slice and mint leaf and dust with powdered sugar.

:lol:
Attachments
Florida-Citrus-Peach-Mint-Julep.jpg
Florida-Citrus-Peach-Mint-Julep.jpg (585.77 KiB) Viewed 19100 times
Good Morning Manda! Can a guy still get a Good Cuppa Coffee around here?

I sure hope so, A steaming hot cup and one of your ever so Hot Smiles would sure save the day for me. It's been a tough morning!

Over on RC, there is a forum thread called "Vintage erotica and pin-ups" Old timey pics and cartoons to "caption" for each other. It's a hoot! This one was posted yesterday, I believe . . . guess who I thought of as I was trying to Cum Up with a caption?
Zamanda.jpg
Zamanda.jpg (187.17 KiB) Viewed 18945 times
I may have to write a limerick for this one, Manda always inspires me.
Awe, thank you Skeeter, Grey and Thinker,

Skeeter, that is so cute! I love vintage, if there are more good ones, I would love to see, I don't do Red *****. Hugs to you all. The COFFee is on timer and set for sunrise xoxo!
I just noticed that a comment from Bree showed up- from three weeks ago. It must have been when Admin made one of their infrequent reviews of new account comments to be posted. :roll: Either that or I just didn't notice. I better go back and check out some other threads to see what other comments got posted retroactively. And, no, Grumps, that has nothing to do with you. :lol: :? :?

Good choice of bourbon, Bree! Eight years ago I went back to Kentucky and Tennessee and visited some of the Bourbon Trail. Jim Beam, Heaven Hills (?), Makers Mark... Jack Daniels and George Dickel. I have to say that Makers had a very enjoyable tour.
Hi Bree!!!!!

I'm so happy you came to say hi! I have to work but I'm glad you came by and hope you will share some recipes? xoxoxo

Eaten by Indigenous Natives

That's nothin', sillydummy. Trump's been going ar[…]

Date Sexy.

My wife’s choice of outfit to go to a small event […]

8th Amendment

Elkin, come on. You are smart enough to explore t[…]

Committee Suppressed

What adipose Milley heard is hardly germane. Who […]

Utterly absurd. Bill C paid 850,000 to Paula Jon[…]

We all remember that time Bruce Lee, who stood a s[…]

The role of Mr Forbes on this fine forum -- and in[…]

It is shocking that Clown is too racist to listen […]