Open Discussions about the VoyeurWeb.com site
By imagesbygordon
Is there any way to stop a member from cyber bullying?

At first - being called a scammer and a thief did not bother me as I know who I am and what I shoot - but this one particular member, who btw has no contributions, has progressed to more than simple scammer and thief name-calling - he has moved to obscenities and other things - his main new titles for me are - "DBAG", DirtBag, and even once made it something unique, "CUMBAG!"

Other members who feel it is there responsibility to police other members, even without being a contributor themselves, have been attacking as well, but everyone does have a right to speak their mind, but the daily negativity and disrespect is boarding on cyber-bullying.

is there any way to get this stopped?

I have flags the comments as abusive thru the comments section marker supplied by VW - it does not help!

I have asked the commenters nicely to please stop - it does not work.

I have also recently emailed directly Raven, Leo and the Support email address but have not gotten a response.

Thanks.
By Merlin52
There isn't really. It has become prevalent in our society that being rude or abusive to someone is being "honest" They laugh about it when someone is insulted on a talent or cooking show. Anonymity just makes it worse. If you never have to see the person, why care how they feel?
By FastFive
I wonder how many women have simply quit VW due to the constant bullshit comments.

It's pretty pathetic that VW even allows it to happen. It straight up shows they don't give a damn about their contributors. A strict, absolute zero-tolerance policy should be obvious... but there's nothing.

The process should be simple:

1) Any comment that is flagged (by a contributor or a fellow viewer) gets reviewed.

2) If the VW staff decide it's inappropriate it gets deleted and the person who made that comment gets a warning.
(There has to be a review process, however simple, otherwise anyone could be reported... if I mention a contri is stolen - and can even show proof - the person fraudulently posting those pics would, of course, report me.)

3) If the user who got the warning posts any abusive or derogatory comments again they get banned.

Simple? Yep!
By SomeDude
The others have summed it up pretty well. On your own posts, you can delete comments but it doesn't seem to go on anyone's "permanent record" and even if 100% of someone's comments get deleted (presumably because they're an asshole) it doesn't seem to lead to being banned from commenting.

Pretty much any solution requires the admins to care and act and we've seen how that goes.

As for losing contributors, we've seen two other posts (Line Sweet and another) just this month where the ladies had enough.
By dukesjoker
Posts that border on cyber bullying, generally are just that. There are 2 groups of people that I think their primary purpose is to shut sites like this down. Very religious persons and government enforcers. There may be others, but those are the two I have thought of.
IOW, the poster has a purpose beyond what they post. The more complaints they get the more demeaning they get. If Ignored, they often go away.
The old message board was increasingly getting negative comments.
I really do miss the impromptu stories. Some may indeed have been pure fiction but interesting.
8th Amendment

Speaking of lard-encased posteriors as johnforbes […]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]