Open Discussions about the VoyeurWeb.com site
By Administrator
Hello Voyeurwebbers!

Hope you are all doing well. I wanted to chime in and explain the cause behind the downtime here today.

While running system maintenance, one of our admins accidentally deleted a database user that had all the data from the forums, the support helpdesk, and the wiki. This process deleted all the tables associated with these sections so we had to restore everything from the latest backups that were on our backup servers. We have recovered everything up until about 4/7/2015 5:19 am. We are still tightening things up so you might see intermittent downtime here and there for the next 2 -3 more hours. This error had no effect on anything besides the sections mentioned and nothing was compromised by outside parties. This was an internal staff fuck-up which has been fixed.

Human errors are inevitable and this is just one example of that. Please excuse the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
By Thinker
That is freaky. There must be DB cascading deletes on everything. Having the tables deleted seems to be very poor DB design. I do hope you get things straightened out.
By Administrator
The sections that were affected are not reading data off of our primary database cluster.

The database schema set up for these sections are reading and writing off one database server. This servers 'mysql' user was deleted hence the end result with /var/lib/mysql/* getting wiped out.
By rockclimber
Thanks Diego!

No...his property sold what the based upon what th[…]

8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]