Open Discussions about the VoyeurWeb.com site
By FastFive
Also, why does it nearly eclipse the entire rest of the site?

There's 1949 topics in the political forum, and every other forum combined only totals 2118. Basically, 48% of the topics are in that section. Individual posts... 17173 while the rest of the forum has 19429. Again, 47% of the posts are political.

Is politics the real reason people browse VoyeurWeb? :roll:

Just curious really... but it seems that with all the generally great content published each day, there's a lot of bandwidth dedicated to what is ultimately irrelevant to the topic at hand.
By Greydawg
I've kinda wondered that myself, FastFive. I used to peruse that Forum and even occasionally commented on it but I don't anymore. There used to be some really rabid people posting comments there.

It sure doesn't seem to be of any relevance to naked women but maybe it keeps some of the bashers off the contri comment sections.

I'll sure be interested to see if anyone from VW actually comments on this. They say they read all the comments on the Forums and are working to improve things but I sure haven't seen much evidence of it.
In every active forum I belong to they either have a political section or they have political stuff scattered through the regular sections.

It is MUCH calmer when the political stuff is contained.
By FastFive
Yeah I get the concept... keep the tempers from flaring throughout the forum and have all the debate in one place.

What I don't get is that the Political section here is populated by members who post there exclusively and don't even use the rest of the site.

Just a couple of examples, copied from the first few posters in that section...

USER STATISTICS
Joined:Tue May 14, 2013 8:23 pmLast visited:Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:44 amTotal posts:2366 | Search user’s posts
(6.44% of all posts / 5.25 posts per day) Total images:0 | Search user’s images
(0.00% of all images / 0.00 images per day) Most active forum:Political Forum
(2366 Posts / 100.00% of user’s posts)Most active topic:VW ADMIN
(18 Posts / 0.76% of user’s posts)

USER STATISTICS
Joined:Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:48 amLast visited:Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:48 pmTotal posts:853 | Search user’s posts
(2.32% of all posts / 1.24 posts per day) Total images:0 | Search user’s images
(853 Posts / 100.00% of user’s posts)Most active topic:Kicked Off My Individual Plan
(10 Posts / 1.17% of user’s posts)

USER STATISTICS
Joined:Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:30 pmLast visited:Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:56 pmTotal posts:4045 | Search user’s posts
(11.01% of all posts / 5.36 posts per day) Total images:0 | Search user’s images
(4044 Posts / 99.98% of user’s posts)Most active topic:Zimmerman walks
(39 Posts / 0.96% of user’s posts)

USER STATISTICS
Joined:Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:52 pmLast visited:Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:17 pmTotal posts:88 | Search user’s posts
(0.24% of all posts / 0.22 posts per day) Total images:0 | Search user’s images
(88 Posts / 100.00% of user’s posts)Most active topic:The racist killings must stop, past time to get angry
(7 Posts / 7.95% of user’s posts)

Why are these people on VoyeurWeb? :roll: They pretty much don't use the site for anything but their parochial political ranting, and contribute nothing to the topic at hand: gorgeous ladies exhibiting themselves!

It confuses me. :|
By Jammer
Fast five...could not the 'members' in question possibly be aliases for other members that do use this site for enjoying the 'gorgeous ladies exhibiting themselves'? If the discussions do get heated from time to time, then why would someone not take the precaution of opening a separate account and using it just in the political section? That way there is less chance of the 'debate' spilling over into the other sections...
Exactly what Jammer said.

On the RC side the PoliBB used to be nothing but an insult-fest. Now that you have to use the same registered nic most (not all) of the people who debate there try and use sound rational arguments.

Still name calling, but mostly not utter stupidity.
By Thinker
I like that the politics are "contained." I have seen them take over almost every thread if allowed. It makes the site go downhill.

I think some of the people are just on many sites to just "argue" politics. Best to contain them and ignore them.
8th Amendment

Speaking of lard-encased posteriors as johnforbes […]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]