Open Discussions about the VoyeurWeb.com site
By Deanwalz
Hundreds of views per topic....one or two replies (if lucky)...this will not last long.... :(
By FastFive
Deanwalz wrote:Hundreds of views per topic....one or two replies (if lucky)...this will not last long.... :(
Instead of complaining, why not encourage activity? Contribute, talk, add content.
By Deanwalz
i added....no response. im good. plenty of other communities. im not against contributing but look at the history here....its not one or 2 posts.....its EVERY POST!!! a barren wasteland of content
By Merlin52
With low numbers, it takes a while to get a response. It also is a self propagating problem when someone looks and decides there is nothing going on then leaves. Likewise throwing a token in then getting frustrated with a slow or non existent response and leaving.

We live in an instant gratification world where people expect to be entertained, but communities don't function that way. It takes effort to build and support them, not pointing at what someone else didn't do. Communities are born out of sharing, and it is usually a few that do most of the work, but it is still the sharing that makes it work, not the expectation of what you will get.
By saratje
You know, it happens in almost every forum unfortunately... People prefer fb now and the art of being a part of a closed community is no longer appealing for many.
By Ravien
Here's my repy. It's true that forums have taken a hit because of social media, but I think that many are being tired of it, like me, and are turning away from it.
By Merlin52
Still comes down to expectation and numbers. Everyone sees their post as being important, or at least worthwhile. Others may not see it that way, and so not respond. If it was 20 people that read it, the chances of someone having an interest in it are much lower than if 2000 people read it.

So you have a chicken and the egg scenario. People don't want to participate, because there is not enough participation. It takes more than one post, so waving it around doesn't solve the issue.

The way to start an active community is to contribute, and keep contributing so that there is something of interest for people coming in. Doing nothing because nobody else is, is self perpetuating.
8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]