A place to share your sexy stories
By canepar
Why do women feel embarrased being seen in their underware and not just in a bikini?

A few years ago my wife and I went on a short vacation with another couple and shared a house. Together as couples we spent a lot of time at the beach and pool in our swim suits. My friend's wife, Valeria, was wearing a bikini that probably revealed more skin than most underware sets.

On one particular night, we (the men) decided to go to play bowling. My wife was already sleeping meanwhile Valeria was getting a shower. On the way to the parking I realize that I had forgotten the car keys so I returned to the house.

By entering the house I saw Valeria, who had stepped out of the bathroom, ironing her and her husbands outfits in just her bra and panties. She had been walking around in front of us all day long in somewhat skimpy bikini without thinking to much about it, but as she stood there in her underwear she somehow felt uncomfortable and embarrased.

Why do you think women act like that? Which is the difference?
By AnonAnon
Based on my experience, it isn't about coverage, but how the clothing looks. Underwear is not meant to be seen and may not be flattering as a result of that and not because it covers less than a bikini, which is meant to be seen. As an example, my wife has no trouble being nude on a beach or wearing something that might flash her pussy, but takes a lot of trouble over hiding a tampon string even when in a bikini.
By WickedWonder
Ask yourself this. What is the difference of you being seen in swimming trunks vs your underwear? I think it is a morals thing. Everyone expects you to wear a swim suite on the beach but no one expects to see you in your underwear.
By canepar
This comic strip could explain this thread by itself.
Attachments
DrakeBikiniD.jpg
DrakeBikiniD.jpg (23.85 KiB) Viewed 7816 times
By AnonAnon
Apparently, it depends on the underwear. My wife has a number of see through turtle neck tops that she wears to work under jackets. Most of the time without a bra, but keeping the jacket closed or mostly closed. This morning she appeared in the kitchen with no jacket with a brightly colored tiger stripe bra on underneath black mostly see through top. The bra was a bikini style thing with velvet cups that perched provocatively on her breasts under the formal top. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Long meeting," she said. "Matching panties?" "Left those upstairs for later," she laughed.
By redback
canepar wrote:Why do women feel embarrased being seen in their underware and not just in a bikini?

A few years ago my wife and I went on a short vacation with another couple and shared a house. Together as couples we spent a lot of time at the beach and pool in our swim suits. My friend's wife, Valeria, was wearing a bikini that probably revealed more skin than most underware sets.

On one particular night, we (the men) decided to go to play bowling. My wife was already sleeping meanwhile Valeria was getting a shower. On the way to the parking I realize that I had forgotten the car keys so I returned to the house.

By entering the house I saw Valeria, who had stepped out of the bathroom, ironing her and her husbands outfits in just her bra and panties. She had been walking around in front of us all day long in somewhat skimpy bikini without thinking to much about it, but as she stood there in her underwear she somehow felt uncomfortable and embarrased.

Why do you think women act like that? Which is the difference?

I think its just societies need to control how people think. We are taught at an early age that its ok to be seen in swimwear but its not ok to be seen in underwear. As with many things learned in childhood, it stays with us through out our lives, hense most people are comfortable in swimwear but not in underwear, even if the swimwear is more revealing. Also, in most cases, swimwear is lined and not see through, even when wet. Underwear, on the other hand, isn't lined and often see through even when not wet. So society say underwear should not be seen so underwear isn't seen.
Societies take on morality is strange.
A TV show showing violence gets an M or 15+ rating But a TV show showing nudity gets an "Adult Only" rating.
Society seems to think that nudity is more traumatizing than violence.
Well having been in both violent and naked situations I know which one I prefer.
8th Amendment

Speaking of lard-encased posteriors as johnforbes […]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]