A place to share your sexy stories
Now that I've got your attention, I have an honest question (mainly for the guys, but hopefully the ladies can offer some insight). I'm a wedding photographer. During last weekend, I was filming the bridal party getting ready. The bride is still in her PJ's and just finished her makeup, and I've got my back to her while I'm getting MOB talking with the Grandma. I turn back around to get the bride, and BOOM! The bride is standing there just wearing her lace bra and panties. Immediately drop my camera down, and do a 180. Bride laughs and says, "It's fine"... That's right, she said IT's FINE??I kept my back to her, and just said, "I'll be out here in the living room. Just let me know when you're zipping the dress." I was really embarrased I had a hard time making eye contact with the bride the rest of the night. I mean, the scenery was pleasent to the eyes, but I just felt uncomfortable. The bride is a fashion model, so she is used to having people look at her with little clothes on...

But this leads me to the question: Have any of you been in this situation? Obviously, if I had known she was about to drop trow, I would have quietly left the room. But I wasn't expecting her to just strip in the middle of the room! When she said "It's fine" did she actually expect me to continue rolling?
For the women: Shouldn't I have gotten some warning? Should I have send a female photographer?
Any input/tasteless jokes/comments/making fun of me greatly appreciated!!!
They had you back there for a reason. They wanted it all filmed. Next time you could ask if she wanted you to continue shooting or to come back. She could tell by your reaction that you were not going to abuse the situation. She probably thought it was cute.

By asking, you extend your professionalism. You are there to shoot the pix, nothing more, nothing less. But I would ask just to be sure.
I have photographed many weddings. 300 to 400 at least. I owned a business for nearly 35 years. At first, I was a little reserved even going into a room where the bride was getting dressed. Wasn't heard of then. Unprofessional.

Times have changed considerably. During college (Photography/Art major) The subject was brought up and discussed heavily. I always get it straight BEFORE the wedding, what is expected of ME and what to photograph.

But yes, I have photographed brides dressing. Partially and fully nude. The ones whom strip in front of the camera, usually don't mind at all. If they didn't want you to shoot them, chances are, they don't want anyone to see them and either exit into another room or behind a curtain.

Don't be afraid of asking about what they want photographed in the changing room. The most they will tell you is no your not going to take my nude pictures you perv!
Good question. I also have a photo taken of my wife on our wedding day when she was getting dressed. She is only wearing very skimpy panties and a corset. She gave it to me a s a wedding gift on our first anniversary. She told me that she had asked the photographer to take a shot of her topless but he mother arrived on the scene before it could be taken, bummer.
I have been in the photography business for over 39 years and I will say that the attitudes toward male photographers at weddings have changed as more female photographers are now in the business and available. Specifically, over the last few years, I have seen a preference shift toward female photographers at a lot of gender specific shoots. Thus, I enlisted my wife a couple of years ago to assist me with gender specific jobs (weddings, some maternity shoots, fashion shows, etc.) and we advertise as a female and male business. This really helps to alleviate most any fears a wedding client may have.

Interestingly, the most ironic thing I have found is that the brides and the bridal parties that tend to be very upfront with expressing their opposition to a male photographer usually are comfortable with my wife staying to capture the photos. Case in point, the wife and I were working a wedding for a black couple’s at a relatively small community center a few months back. The bride and the bridal party were all in a single room at the rear of the facility. I had finished up with the groom and had gone to assist the wife in completing makeup and hair pictures of the bride and bridal party. I had only been in the room a minute or less when the bride approached me saying she and a couple of her bridesmaids felt uncomfortable with me in the room (although they were fully dressed at that time) and asked me to leave. The bride quickly reiterated they had no problem with my wife staying. I quickly respected their privacy and left.

The irony to this particular wedding and several others is about 12-18 hours later I am the one editing the photos. Therefore, as I am working through the photos I get to see all the pre-wedding photos my wife has taken. There are photos of the bride getting ready to get in her dress standing in just her tan lace panties and a corset. There are also are lots of photos of the bride and her mom having their makeup and hair done while the bridesmaids moved around the room in various states of dress behind and around the bride and her mom. Several of the photos included two black ladies who were bridesmaids that could be seen putting on lotion totally naked in the background from the mirror reflection. They were showing everything.

The key is still discretion and professionalism. You always remove those type revealing images before you provide the bride with her picture portfolio for review. Therefore, neither the bride nor her bridal party have any idea the photos were ever captured. Nonetheless, it can be a tempting situation because at the end of the day I am still a man and it is hard not to look at the pictures or take a glance when you are in rooms where women are in various stages of dress. As male photographers we have to hold ourselves to a higher standard in this type of environment to remain professional because the last thing I want to do is lose jobs and money, but if a woman is naked (picture or in person) I am taking a look.
I must admit I was caught a little off-guard when my photographer walked into the room while my bridesmaids and I were getting dressed. Even though he had his wife/assistant with him, I was still standing in front of him in my white panties and nylons only (topless).I always wondered what happened to most of the pics he took - I only saw one, when I was actually stepping into my dress. I trust he destroyed them, but I never really knew.
KGSlutwife wrote:I trust he destroyed them, but I never really knew.
If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale you might be interested in. ;)
We had a friend of ours shoot the very small wedding we had so my wife was very comfortable with him in the room while she was getting ready and he was very comfortable getting the best pictures he could, something she had clearly requested up front, and steering her to poses he knew we'd enjoy later.

We expected him to keep the images for his own pleasure, but also trusted him not to circulate them and it hasn't been a problem.
The way I looked at it, If I showed photos around that I should have kept to myself, it wouldn't take long before the word got out and no one would trust me or allow me to photograph them. Any good photographer knows how vital someones privacy is to his business.
Indeed.

Some years ago a close friends of ours, who was then studying photography, convinced my wife to do a bondage shoot where he tied her up and hung her from a concrete wall in various poses. This wasn't something we were into, but we respected his vision enough to be curious. The shoot took four days to execute, during the course of which she was often spray painted as part of the wall's graffiti, dripped on by the water dripping off the roof of the building, spattered with oil and covered with dust. Other than the photographer and me there was only the make-up and graffiti guys, so it was acceptably private. Our friend did a great job with the lighting and editing, because there were very few distinguishing marks like teeth and earlobes visible in the final version that were exhibited at a small local gallery. We were there for the opening and nobody noticed, though she had taken care to use make-up to appear somewhat different. We have a few of them stacked in our garage and the only person who has ever recognized her in the images has been her best friend, who lives out of town and with whom she used to share a bed and sleep naked in college and still does when visiting her.
You don't have to be afraid since it is your job and no more no less... You are hired to film her, even if she wants to film the whole body nude then you will since, some of them just want to reminisces when they are older then...how beautifully curves they have on the last day they are still single...

I have also a picture of my nude wife way back when she dressed in on our wedding day..., I am really told my gf before i want to make our hired photographer to film our body when we're in dressing room... then, she agree's and the photographer peacefully follow with no doubts of unprofessional issues since we both told him the service. It is consider the weird thing for the photographer but for us both it is a treasure we keep until the end...
8th Amendment

Well , if Trump over-valued his properties .... an[…]

Committee Suppressed

AGAIN AGAIN, what johnforbes is trying to say once[…]

See? I told you johnforbes had no justification fo[…]

After Stewart slammed Trump, which showed Stewart […]

The Best Man for the Job?

Surprisingly, Scientific American has leaned to th[…]

Mr Forbes does have the strength of a machine. An[…]

Had Kamala been an apple/tomato/cherry/peach pick[…]

8th Amendment

We have all been wondering, in the context of the […]